Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Boniface's letters survive today (at the printing of the text)?
2. In the "Grant of Land at Crediton," the king of what area gave land to be used for a monastary?
3. What does "he wolde fandian" mean?
4. In "A Colloquy" what profession does the pupil have?
5. What is the alternate name that the introduction to "I Saw a Strange Creature..." gives to kennings?
The history of the Anglo-Saxons was very important for many reasons. Why did the loss of so many documents hurt the history of the Anglos? What was important about the documents that they were able to protect? What were the Anglos able to learn about their own history based upon these texts?
Compare and contrast Beowulf and Grendel. How do each epitomize good and evil?
What were the characteristics of typical Anglo-Saxon literature? What did the Anglos look for in their heroes? What did Anglos parts of a man's character were praised by the Anglo-Saxons?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)