Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Boniface's letters survive today (at the printing of the text)?
2. In the "Grant of Land at Crediton," the king of what area gave land to be used for a monastary?
3. What does "he wolde fandian" mean?
4. In "A Colloquy" what profession does the pupil have?
5. What is the alternate name that the introduction to "I Saw a Strange Creature..." gives to kennings?
Essay Topic 1
What are the qualities of an epic? In what ways does "Beowulf" exemplify the characteristics of an epic? Be sure to give specific textual examples to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
What are the multiple facets that the "Exeter Book" performed? Why was it important? What did it address? What did it provide to the Anglo-Saxon society?
Essay Topic 3
Exile was a main theme throughout Anglo-Saxon literature. What selection from the text best represents the theme of exile? Why? Be sure to use textual evidence.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)