Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Boniface's letters survive today (at the printing of the text)?
2. In the "Grant of Land at Crediton," the king of what area gave land to be used for a monastary?
3. What does "he wolde fandian" mean?
4. In "A Colloquy" what profession does the pupil have?
5. What is the alternate name that the introduction to "I Saw a Strange Creature..." gives to kennings?
Essay Topic 1
What are the multiple facets that the "Exeter Book" performed? Why was it important? What did it address? What did it provide to the Anglo-Saxon society?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the formal elements included in Anglo-Saxon writing? State at least three of the formal elements, name an example from the text, and explain why the example exemplifies the element detailed.
Essay Topic 3
What are the characteristics of an epic hero? In what ways does Beowulf exemplify these qualities? Be sure to describe each characteristic/quality with a direct textual example and explanation as to why Beowulf is an epic hero.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)