|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the "Grant of Land at Crediton," the king of what area gave land to be used for a monastary?
(a) South Danes.
(d) West Saxons.
2. Where was Boniface leading a mission when he was killed?
3. How many of Boniface's letters survive today (at the printing of the text)?
(b) More than 200.
(d) Less than 100.
4. Who was the prior of the monastery at Dol Brittany in 924?
5. How many charters and grants survive from the Anglo-Saxon period?
(a) More than 1,600.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stress patterns does all Old English poetry contain?
2. According to Aelfric, who was "cruelly martyred" in 870 after he refused to give the Danes "wergild"?
3. According to the introduction to "Greetings in Christ," who possessed "the sword of Constantine the Great"?
4. In what year was Boniface born?
5. What sickness does "Bald's Leechbook" address in the opening line?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)