|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Boniface leading a mission when he was killed?
2. Who was the king, whose will is the earliest surviving of Anglo-Saxon history, preoccupied with threat by?
3. Where does the introduction of "I Saw a Strange Creature..." say riddles similar to the semi-metaphorical riddles of the "Exeter Book" occur?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Writings of the Pearl Poet.
(c) Chaucer's texts.
4. In "Greetings in Christ," what does the author of the section say are susceptible to the "wear and tear of centuries"?
(d) Christian thought.
5. What is the name of the woman who "begged men from Cwaespatric"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "eorpan motor" mean?
2. In what year did Gregory send Augustine to Kent?
3. Who was the prior of the monastery at Dol Brittany in 924?
4. The object in the second stanza of "Thirty-One Riddles" is what by nature?
5. According to the introduction to "Greetings in Christ," who possessed "the sword of Constantine the Great"?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)