Short Answer Questions
1. According to the introduction to the Heroic Poems section, what do heroic poems link our Anglo-Saxon ancestors to?
2. During what century did the first Anglo-Saxon settlers migrate to England?
3. What is a compressed narrative poem?
4. How was the history and legends of the Anglo-Saxons transmitted?
5. Who is the first century Roman historian that the author claims is the best source for "information about Germanic tribes"?
6. In "Germania," what is stated as the reason a chief fights?
This section contains 3,493 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)