|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Charters, Tracts, and Wills.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the prior of the monastery at Dol Brittany in 924?
2. On Christmas Day under the rule of Augustine ten thousand people were baptized through what method?
(a) Complete immersion.
(b) Baptism by fire.
(c) Baptism of repentance.
3. In "Greetings in Christ," what does the author of the section say are susceptible to the "wear and tear of centuries"?
(d) Christian thought.
4. How many lines is "The Battle of Maldon" missing at the beginning?
5. Who "asked" the best known riddle of the Anglo-Saxon riddles?
(a) The Griffin.
(b) The Sphinx.
(c) The Centaur.
(d) The Nemean Lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first object in "Thirty-One Riddles" plunge through?
2. According to "The History of the English Church and People," how does Bede describe the complexions of the slaves seen by Gregory in the Roman marketplace?
3. Whose translation of "The Wanderer" is best known?
4. How many men does Grendel murder just before his fight with Beowulf?
5. How many times a day does the shepard milk his sheep?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)