|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Charters, Tracts, and Wills.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Beowulf fight the dragon?
2. Why does the author say that Alfred failed to put some laws into writing?
(a) They were only meant for those who could not read.
(b) They were based upon critical thought.
(c) They were based on common sense.
(d) They only refered to those who were poor.
3. How many lines is "The Battle of Maldon" missing at the beginning?
4. Where was Boniface leading a mission when he was killed?
5. What is the date of Bede's death?
(a) May 25, 735.
(b) December 25, 631.
(c) October 28, 739.
(d) January 4, 704.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raided Lindisfarne on June 8, 793?
2. What is the name of the island that Cuthbert died on?
3. How many of Boniface's letters survive today (at the printing of the text)?
4. Under what circumstances could a wife obtain all of the husband's suit?
5. During what century did the first Anglo-Saxon settlers migrate to England?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)