|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Charters, Tracts, and Wills.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, living between the years 955-1020, does the author of the introduction to Example and Exhortation state was the "most significant figure in this age of religious and educational reform"?
2. What "paths" must the wanderer follow given "fate is inflexible"?
3. How many of Boniface's letters survive today (at the printing of the text)?
(a) Less than 100.
(b) More than 200.
4. What is the name of "one of the most popular philosophical books of the Middle Ages"? (According to the author of the introduction.)
(a) "Consolation of Philosophy."
(b) "Justifications of Philosophical Thought."
(c) "Intermediate Teachings of Higher Thought."
(d) "Ancient Beliefs and Modern Philosophies."
5. Who said "What use is the abundance of books if there are none to read and understand them?"
(c) Alcuin of York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is embedded in the hilt of the sword of Constantine the Great?
2. What century was it when pagan Germanic tribesman "swarmed" into England?
3. What is the author of "The Wanderer" searching for in his elegy?
4. In what year was Bede born?
5. In "A Colloquy" what does the pupil say he prefer to ignorance?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)