|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Saw a Strange Creature . . ..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does Grendel murder just before his fight with Beowulf?
2. What is the name of Hrothgar's queen?
3. What does the Introduction to the Law section say was gagged upon when fed to Ecclesiastics if they were found guilty?
(a) Saturated wheat.
(b) Mashed grains.
(c) Consecrated wine.
(d) Bread and cheese.
4. What is the answer to the "best known riddle in this genre" (Anglo-Saxon literature)?
5. In the stanza beginning "I'm a strange creature," what does the strange creature state it satisfies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man that Beowulf challenges to a swimming race?
2. In what year was Bede born?
3. What is the name of the island that Cuthbert died on?
4. What was the first English secular biography?
5. Who was the prior of the monastery at Dol Brittany in 924?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)