|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Saw a Strange Creature . . ..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the monastery spoken of in "Caedmon's Vision"?
2. In what year was Cuthbert's coffin opened in Durham Cathedral?
3. Who does St. Gregory thank for having teachers "among us now"?
4. At what age (the boys' age) did Irish monks begin to train Anglo-Saxon boys as novices?
5. What does Beowulf use to fight Grendel?
(a) A sword.
(b) A chain.
(c) A dagger.
(d) Nothing--no weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the governing assemblies from the Anglo-Saxon period?
2. Whose arrival signaled the Golden Age of Northumbria?
3. What was the name of the first book that King Alfred translated into the vernacular?
4. In what year were Wihtred's laws issued?
5. According to The Laws of Wihtred, who is free from taxation?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)