|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kingdom of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction to the Heroic Poems section, what do heroic poems link our Anglo-Saxon ancestors to?
(a) European origins.
(b) French origins.
(c) Dutch origins.
(d) Geatland origins.
2. What two words were used in a trial by ordeal to define the seriousness of the crime?
(a) "Single" and "Threefold".
(b) "Misson" and "Molten".
(c) "Thricen" and "Shrine".
(d) "MIsendon" and "Candicet".
3. What was the name of the man who witnessed Bede's death?
4. In "The Finnesburh Fragment," what does the first line say is "not burning"?
(a) The pits of Hell.
(b) The sky.
(c) The gables.
(d) The spires.
5. What "paths" must the wanderer follow given "fate is inflexible"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "The Seafarer" learn that ships are homes of?
2. Wihtred was king over what people?
3. What does the author in the introduction to the Heroic Poems section state is the "finest expression of the code" (the Germanic Heroic code)?
4. In "The Husband's Message" how many times does the husband remind his wife of their oath of marriage?
5. In "The Wife's Lament," where is the wife forced to live?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)