|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kingdom of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what did Anglo-Saxons fail to do for their poetry?
(a) Honor God.
(b) Pay hommage to their past.
(c) Title them.
(d) Follow the "code".
2. Who does the author in the introduction to the Laws section say, "most of us" need to turn to in order to "establish the exact wording of a law"?
(a) A solicitor.
(b) A law writer.
(c) A barrister.
(d) A priest.
3. What causes Beowulf's death?
(a) He drowns in the ocean.
(b) He falls from a cliff.
(c) Dragon fire.
(d) Dragon bite.
4. In "Cuthbert's Death and Disinterment," what type of home did Cuthbert seek out?
(a) Forbidden home.
(b) Island home.
(c) Godly home.
(d) Heavenly home.
5. What is Grendel unable to approach in Heorot?
(a) The queen.
(b) The banner.
(c) The throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Cuthbert's coffin opened in Durham Cathedral?
2. In what year were Wihtred's laws issued?
3. How many lines is "The Battle of Maldon" missing at the beginning?
4. In "Germania," what is stated as the reason a chief fights?
5. In what year did Pope Gregory invite Augustine to convert the English to Christianity?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)