|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kingdom of God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in the introduction what (other than "Beowulf") is the best -known Anglo-Saxon poem?
(a) "The Seafarer."
(b) "The Wife's Lament."
(c) "The Husband's Message."
(d) "The Wanderer."
2. Besides "The Wife's Lament," what is the only other Anglo-Saxon poem written by a woman?
(b) The Promise
(d) The Marriage-Oath.
3. How many men does Grendel murder on his first attack on the mead-hall?
4. According to Byrhthelm in "The Battle of Maldon," who alone can say who would control the battle field?
(a) The peasantry.
(b) He, himself.
(d) The queen.
5. During what century did the first Anglo-Saxon settlers migrate to England?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hrothgar promise Beowulf for killing Grendel?
2. During what century were the Anglo-Saxons converted to Christianity?
3. Who is Grendel a descendant of?
4. What does Beowulf use to fight Grendel?
5. In "The Husband's Message" how many times does the husband remind his wife of their oath of marriage?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)