|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epic: Beowulf.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other than paying six shillings to his lord for riding "on his own business on that day," what can a servant choose as his punishment?
2. What is the name of the man that Beowulf challenges to a swimming race?
3. Why does the author say that Alfred failed to put some laws into writing?
(a) They were based on common sense.
(b) They only refered to those who were poor.
(c) They were based upon critical thought.
(d) They were only meant for those who could not read.
4. What does Hrothgar promise Beowulf for killing Grendel?
(a) A wife.
5. Who does the author of "The Battle of Brunanburh" state is a "man of discretion"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to The Laws of Wihtred, who is free from taxation?
2. Who made the weapon with which Beowulf beheads Grendel's mother?
3. Who is Grendel a descendant of?
4. What adjective does the poet of "The Seafarer" use to describe the song that he sings of himself?
5. What is the name of the governing assemblies from the Anglo-Saxon period?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)