|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Laws, and The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Letter to the English"?
2. According to Wihtred's law 9, how much money is a servant to pay if he is found guilty of working between Saturday evening and Sunday evening?
(a) 100 sceattas.
(b) 50 sceattas.
(c) 25 sceattas.
(d) 80 sceattas.
3. What is the name of the hero in "The Finnesburh Fragment"?
4. Who is the first century Roman historian that the author claims is the best source for "information about Germanic tribes"?
5. Wihtred was king over what people?
(b) South Dane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than paying six shillings to his lord for riding "on his own business on that day," what can a servant choose as his punishment?
2. How many shillings will it cost someone if they were to "breach the Church's protection"?
3. What is the name of the governing assemblies from the Anglo-Saxon period?
4. In "The Battle of Maldon," who "over-confidently allowed the Danes to cross the causeway"?
5. What is the name of the person that "was a crucial member of a tribe or a society" and existed as "a living memory"?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)