|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Charms and Remedies, and Allegory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the author believe that "Waldere" was written?
(a) 8th century.
(b) 5th century.
(c) 12th century.
(d) 10th century.
2. What is the name of the governing assemblies from the Anglo-Saxon period?
3. Whose arrival signaled the Golden Age of Northumbria?
(b) Celtic monks.
4. According to the author of the introduction to The Elegies, what do many Anglo-Saxon poems fail to have a "sufficient frame" of?
5. What does the author in the introduction to the Heroic Poems section state is the "finest expression of the code" (the Germanic Heroic code)?
(b) "The Finnesburh Fragment."
(c) "The Battle of Maldon."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first object in "Thirty-One Riddles" plunge through?
2. Who raided Lindisfarne on June 8, 793?
3. Where does the introduction of "I Saw a Strange Creature..." say riddles similar to the semi-metaphorical riddles of the "Exeter Book" occur?
4. In the stanza that begins "I saw a creature," what sticks out behind the creature?
5. What is the name of the hero in "The Finnesburh Fragment"?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)