|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Charms and Remedies, and Allegory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sickness does "Bald's Leechbook" address in the opening line?
2. As the author states in the introduction to "I Saw a Creature...," what do some riddles reflect?
(a) The normal grind of everyday life.
(b) Memories of times at their best.
(c) Recollections of seafareres.
(d) The turmoil of the times.
3. What does Aelfric say is revealed when Christ performs miracles through saints?
(c) True faith.
(d) Power of God.
4. What is Grendel unable to approach in Heorot?
(a) The throne.
(b) The banner.
(d) The queen.
5. What is the answer to the "best known riddle in this genre" (Anglo-Saxon literature)?
Short Answer Questions
1. In King Alfred's preface to "St. Gregory's 'Pastoral Care,' who does he "bids greet"?
2. Who "asked" the best known riddle of the Anglo-Saxon riddles?
3. How many of Boniface's letters survive today (at the printing of the text)?
4. What physical feature did Gregory state made the name of the "Angles" appropriate?
5. Who wrote "Letter to the English"?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)