|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epic: Beowulf.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Wife's Lament," where is the wife forced to live?
(a) In a well.
(b) In a foreign castle.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In an earth-cave.
2. How many shillings will it cost someone if they were to "breach the Church's protection"?
(a) 50 shillings.
(b) 15 shillings.
(c) 25 shilings.
(d) 75 shillings.
3. Where is Beowulf from?
4. What poem is described by the author as "an antiquarian's delight"?
(c) The Wanderer.
(d) The Ruin.
5. What is the name of Hrothgar's queen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Beowulf's death?
2. According to "The Wife's Lament," what "goes side by side with those who suffer longing for a loved one"?
3. What adjective does the poet of "The Seafarer" use to describe the song that he sings of himself?
4. What is the name of the man that Beowulf challenges to a swimming race?
5. Who is jealous of Beowulf?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)