|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epic: Beowulf.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Grendel a descendant of?
2. What is the name of the man that Beowulf challenges to a swimming race?
3. Where is Beowulf from?
4. According to the introduction to the Heroic Poems section, what do heroic poems link our Anglo-Saxon ancestors to?
(a) Geatland origins.
(b) French origins.
(c) European origins.
(d) Dutch origins.
5. What is the name of Hrothgar's queen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a compressed narrative poem?
2. In "The Finnesburh Fragment," what does the first line say is "not burning"?
3. According to "The Wife's Lament," what "goes side by side with those who suffer longing for a loved one"?
4. When does the author believe that "Waldere" was written?
5. How many men does Grendel murder just before his fight with Beowulf?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)