|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Example and Exhortation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a trial by ordeal, which rule speaks to the fine one would pay if found invalid and having broken the rules of the trial by ordeal?
2. What does Beowulf give to Wiglaf to signify Wiglaf's rise to king?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A goblet.
(c) A banner.
(d) A sword.
3. In King Alfred's preface to "St. Gregory's 'Pastoral Care,' who does he "bids greet"?
(d) Bishop Waerferth.
4. During the conversation between the teacher and the fowler, what do readers find out the fowler "does" to birds "in many ways"?
(a) Entices them.
(b) Entrances them.
(c) Damages them.
(d) Fools them.
5. Where is Hrothgar's kingdom?
(a) East Saxon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "wergild" mean?
2. What is the name of the High Priest who "replied without hesitation in "King Edwin's Council"?
3. Besides "The Wife's Lament," what is the only other Anglo-Saxon poem written by a woman?
4. What is the name of the governing assemblies from the Anglo-Saxon period?
5. What is the date of Bede's death?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)