|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Example and Exhortation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arrival signaled the Golden Age of Northumbria?
(c) Celtic monks.
2. In how many "key relationships" did the heart of the Anglo-Saxon society lay?
3. According to the author of the introduction to The Elegies, what do many Anglo-Saxon poems fail to have a "sufficient frame" of?
4. In "The Wife's Lament," where is the wife forced to live?
(a) In an earth-cave.
(b) In a barn.
(c) In a well.
(d) In a foreign castle.
5. In "The Ruin," what does the author name as "wondrous" and "wrecked by fate"?
(a) An affair.
(b) A stone-wall.
(c) A love lost.
(d) A whale-path.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Colloquy" what profession does the pupil have?
2. What does Aelfric say is revealed when Christ performs miracles through saints?
3. According to number 19, in "Letter to the People of England," how many men are to go to church and "make supplication"?
4. In what book are the "six so-called Elegies" found?
5. How many times a day does the shepard milk his sheep?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)