|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Charters, Tracts, and Wills.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the traditional kenning for a wife?
2. In what book are the "six so-called Elegies" found?
(a) Chronicles of Wyrd.
(b) Byron's Canon.
(c) Cathedral Chronicles.
3. What "paths" must the wanderer follow given "fate is inflexible"?
4. According to the author in the introduction what (other than "Beowulf") is the best -known Anglo-Saxon poem?
(a) "The Wife's Lament."
(b) "The Seafarer."
(c) "The Wanderer."
(d) "The Husband's Message."
5. In what year did Alcuin of York leave England at the request of Charlemagne?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Husband's Message" how many times does the husband remind his wife of their oath of marriage?
2. Where did the act of freeing a slave take place to "prevent subsequent violation"?
3. In "Greetings in Christ," what does the author of the section say are susceptible to the "wear and tear of centuries"?
4. What kingdom does the author of the introduction to "Greetings in Christ" say the "boys" came from?
5. According to the author, what did Anglo-Saxons fail to do for their poetry?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)