|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Charters, Tracts, and Wills.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is embedded in the hilt of the sword of Constantine the Great?
(a) A Widow's mite.
(b) A parable from the Book of Mathew.
(c) A nail from the Cross.
(d) A marking denoting the Annunciation.
2. In what year did Pope Gregory pen a letter to Candidus?
3. What is the author of "The Wanderer" searching for in his elegy?
(a) A new ship.
(b) A new love.
(c) A new wife.
(d) A new lord.
4. In "The Wanderer," from whom does the wanderer plead for pity and mercy?
(a) The sea.
(c) His lord.
(d) His wife.
5. In what century was "An Estate Memorandum" written?
(a) 8th or 9th.
(b) 10th or 11th.
(c) 5th or 6th.
(d) 2nd or 3rd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "paths" must the wanderer follow given "fate is inflexible"?
2. In what year was the "terrible winter" in "The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle"?
3. Where was Boniface leading a mission when he was killed?
4. In "The Husband's Message" how many times does the husband remind his wife of their oath of marriage?
5. What kingdom does the author of the introduction to "Greetings in Christ" say the "boys" came from?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)