1. According to the introduction to the Heroic Poems section, what do heroic poems link our Anglo-Saxon ancestors to?
(a) European origins.
(b) French origins.
(c) Geatland origins.
(d) Dutch origins.
2. During what century did the first Anglo-Saxon settlers migrate to England?
3. What is a compressed narrative poem?
(a) A ceasura.
(b) A lay.
(c) A prose.
(d) A kenning.
4. How was the history and legends of the Anglo-Saxons transmitted?
(a) Word of mouth.
(b) Written anthologies.
(c) They were not discovered until late in the 14th century and then written down.
5. Who is the first century Roman historian that the author claims is the best source for "information about Germanic tribes"?
6. In "Germania," what is stated as the reason a chief fights?
(a) For victory.
(b) For family.
(c) For his king.
(d) For his father.
This section contains 3,493 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)