|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Craig meets with the Minister for Trade, Tourism, and Information, who does Craig find himself face-to-face with?
2. Who was the first prime minister of Rhodesia?
(a) Ralph Ballantyne.
(b) Roland Ballantyne.
(c) Fuller Ballantyne.
(d) Zouga Ballantyne.
3. At the camps, the terrorists speak one man's name in whispers as though he were some sort of demon. What is the man's name?
(a) Samson Kumalo.
(b) Douglas Hunt-Jeffreys.
(c) Roland Ballantyne.
(d) Craig Mellow.
4. Who is Bawu?
(a) Craig's guide.
(b) Craig's grandfather.
(c) Craig's father.
(d) Craig's uncle.
5. How far north of Zambezi is the terrorist camp?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ralph comes up with a plan to attack the Matabele and asks for men who know the tribe and the land, how many men does Isazi bring?
2. How many of the Umlimo's followers are sitting outside her hospital room?
3. What is the name of the instructor at the terrorist camp?
4. After Cecil and his new assistant depart for Kimberley, how long does it take Jordan to complete the inventories and wind up the household accounts?
5. According to the person who greets Tungata at the hospital, how old does the Umlimo claim to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Craig Mellow embarrassed when he walks into the museum and is greeted by the woman behind the inquiries desk?
2. When Tungata and his soldiers reach the lands of the white farmers, what do the soldiers do?
3. Why does Tungata ask for Janine's flight information for her return trip from Victoria Falls?
4. After Cecil fires Jordan, how long does Cecil give Jordan to pack his things and leave Cecil's mansion?
5. Describe one of Bawu's Claymores.
6. When Tungata asks if the Umlimo can travel, he learns that the Umlimo is eager to travel. Why?
7. Why does Robyn insist on staying at Khami Mission and not flee for her life?
8. When Tungata Zebiwe's bus is boarded at a roadblock, why does Tungata fear that his forged employment papers might not be enough to get him through the roadblock?
9. When Gideon suggests that Samson come back to the mission to teach, Samson declines dejectedly and tells Gideon that he has only learned two things he could teach the children. What are those two things?
10. When Tungata and his men are spotted by Scouts, why does Tungata's thinking suddenly turn cold and clear?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)