|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Umlimo first sees Tungata in her hospital room, by what name does she call Tungata?
2. Who delivers the final death blow to Mungo St. John?
3. How long after Roland requests his navigator does the navigator parachute in to Roland's position?
(a) Fifty minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Ten minutes.
4. Who comes to visit Craig once a week while he is in the hospital?
5. What does ZIPRA stand for?
(a) Zimbabwe People's Revolutionary Army.
(b) Zanziba People's Resistance Army.
(c) Zanziba People's Revolutionary Army.
(d) Zimbabwe People's Resistance Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Douglas engaged to?
2. When Ralph comes up with a plan to attack the Matabele and asks for men who know the tribe and the land, how many men does Isazi bring?
3. As Craig Mellow drives to the Khami Mission, who is with him in the Land Rover?
4. When Tungata leaves the training camp, how many men are under Tungata's direct command?
5. Who is the Minister for Trade, Tourism, and Information in the Cabinet of the newly elected Zimbabwean government?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Gideon suggests that Samson come back to the mission to teach, Samson declines dejectedly and tells Gideon that he has only learned two things he could teach the children. What are those two things?
2. Why does Jonathon love to haggle?
3. Describe one of Bawu's Claymores.
4. When the two men insist that Samson must join them, why does Samson agree even though he abhors violence and war?
5. What is Cecil Rhodes's final act?
6. When Gideon chides Samson's uncertainty, what does Gideon tell Samson about strong men?
7. When Tungata asks if the Umlimo can travel, he learns that the Umlimo is eager to travel. Why?
8. According to rumors that Vicky and Douglas told Craig, what had happened to Roland's body?
9. When Craig's companion is asked to describe Robyn St. John, how is Robyn described?
10. When Gideon is asked to join the two men that appear at his house, Gideon declines because he is old and blind. How does the elder of the two men respond when Gideon declines?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)