|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname that Gideon has for Samson?
2. According to the person who greets Tungata at the hospital, how long has the Umlimo been in the geriatric ward of the hospital?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
3. What is the name of Cecil's new assistant that Jordan is jealous of?
4. After being attacked by the Scouts, how many men survive the attack and return to ZIPRA headquarters?
5. Who is Roland's liaison with Combined Ops?
(a) Samson Kumalo.
(b) Allan Wilson
(c) Douglas Hunt-Jeffreys.
(d) Esau Gondele.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position at the Khami Mission did Gideon hold for over sixty years?
2. At his trial, how long is Zouga sentenced to serve in prison?
3. What does the name Tungata Zebiwe mean?
4. What does Kaffir mean?
5. Where does Ralph find his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the British intelligence chief coordinator expresses bewilderment at how the terrorists can move freely, how does Leila explain it to him?
2. When Craig's companion is asked to describe Robyn St. John, how is Robyn described?
3. As Ralph makes his way back to Cathy, why is locomotive driver terrified?
4. When Tungata asks if the Umlimo can travel, he learns that the Umlimo is eager to travel. Why?
5. When the two men insist that Samson must join them, why does Samson agree even though he abhors violence and war?
6. When Juba and Tungata do not keep up with the other children, what does Tungata offer to do for Juba?
7. When Roland's navigator inquires after the health of Janine, what does Roland realize for the very first time?
8. When Gideon chides Samson's uncertainty, what does Gideon tell Samson about strong men?
9. Why is it so ironic that Jonathon refuses to give any money to Craig?
10. When Tungata Zebiwe's bus is boarded at a roadblock, why does Tungata fear that his forged employment papers might not be enough to get him through the roadblock?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)