|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does ZIPRA stand for?
(a) Zanziba People's Resistance Army.
(b) Zimbabwe People's Revolutionary Army.
(c) Zimbabwe People's Resistance Army.
(d) Zanziba People's Revolutionary Army.
2. Who has been chosen to command the imperial troops heading to Bulawayo?
(a) Frank Rhodes.
(b) Roelof Zeederberg.
(c) Aaron Fagan.
(d) Frederick Carrington.
3. When Ralph comes up with a plan to attack the Matabele and asks for men who know the tribe and the land, how many men does Isazi bring?
4. According to the person who greets Tungata at the hospital, how long has the Umlimo been in the geriatric ward of the hospital?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Three months.
5. Who is Bawu?
(a) Craig's guide.
(b) Craig's uncle.
(c) Craig's father.
(d) Craig's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Samson is awakened in the middle of the night by bright lights and voices insisting they come out of the house, who is on the front lawn?
2. Who owns Queen's Lynn?
3. What position at the Khami Mission did Gideon hold for over sixty years?
4. What does Craig name his yacht?
5. When Tungata changes into new clothes at the hospital, what does his name tag read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Craig Mellow embarrassed when he walks into the museum and is greeted by the woman behind the inquiries desk?
2. When Roland's navigator inquires after the health of Janine, what does Roland realize for the very first time?
3. When Tungata and his soldiers reach the lands of the white farmers, what do the soldiers do?
4. When Gideon is asked to join the two men that appear at his house, Gideon declines because he is old and blind. How does the elder of the two men respond when Gideon declines?
5. Describe one of Bawu's Claymores.
6. When Tungata asks if the Umlimo can travel, he learns that the Umlimo is eager to travel. Why?
7. Why does Jonathon love to haggle?
8. As his navigator is trying to create a safe path through the minefield, why does Roland insist on telling the navigator the gruesome details about the attack on Janine?
9. When Juba and Tungata do not keep up with the other children, what does Tungata offer to do for Juba?
10. Why is it so ironic that Jonathon refuses to give any money to Craig?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)