|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Gandang have with his most senior wife?
2. What is the name of the plague that strikes the with a vengeance and kills oxen and cattle?
3. What dis the meaning of the praise name that the Matabele have given to Zouga Ballantyne?
(a) The Fist.
(b) The Axe.
(c) The Seeker.
(d) The Eagle.
4. When Ralph tells Harry to take the women to Bulawayo alone, where does Ralph head to?
(d) Cape Town.
5. How long after Cathy's sisters arrive at the camp does Cecil decide to leave the camp?
(a) One hour.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Sixteen minutes.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Ralph heads to Johannesburg, what does he leave behind for Cathy?
2. Who convinces Harry that he and Victoria should honeymoon in Wankie's Country?
3. As Mungo heads back to the mission to warn the others of the ominous sky, what becomes suddenly oppressive?
4. According to Robyn, who are the soldiers riding past the church at night?
5. According to what Ralph tells Cathy, what is a bottle of whiskey worth in Bulawayo?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Hammond, what is the first objective in course of action that has been decided on?
2. As Jan Cheroot and Zouga debate how many days Zouga had originally marched east from the ruins, why do the two men disagree on what the actual number of days is?
3. How does Ralph feel when he first sees the man who steps suddenly from the forest?
4. As the Matabele men prepare to carry out their killings, what is Tanase's primary job?
5. Why does Tanase not want to go to Ralph's camp for the night so that Ralph and Bazo can catch up?
6. When the lion pounces on Jan Cheroot and his horse, how does Jan Cheroot survive?
7. Ralph is told a story about why there is smoke rising. The story is a lie. What is the real reason for the smoke?
8. Why does Victoria have to be convinced of their new honeymoon destination?
9. While Ralph and Wankie are talking Bazo comes up behind Ralph and accuses Ralph of lying to him. What reason did Ralph give Bazo for their trek?
10. When Tanase greets Bazo as he is returning to Gandang's kraal, she calls Bazo a name that makes Bazo uncomfortable. Why does the name make Bazo uncomfortable?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)