|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name of Bazo's son mean?
(a) The Seeker of Truth.
(b) The Seeker of Lost People.
(c) The Seeker After Justice.
(d) The Seeker After Knowledge.
2. What name do the three men give to their new mine?
(a) New Rush Mine.
(b) Harkness Mine.
(c) Ballantyne Mine.
(d) African Mine.
3. How many blades does Bazo promise the Matabele warriors that they will have by the time the great storm begins?
4. When the three men return to Cathy and Ralph's elaborate camp, who has arrived in their absence?
(a) Cecil Rhodes.
(b) Leander Jameson.
(d) Robyn St. John.
5. When Cecil breaks open champagne and steals Robyn's guests, who arranges for a wagon of champagne to be brought in so Cecil will not be the focus of attention at the wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the praise name that the Matabele have given to Zouga Ballantyne?
2. As Ralph, Zouga, and Jan Cheroot ride to the next ridge to continue their search, Ralph sees a flash of gold. What does Ralph see?
3. What disease does Robyn study by giving it to herself?
4. Where do Harry and Victoria originally plan to travel to for their honeymoon?
5. What are Zouga, Ralph, and Jan Cheroot searching the land for?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Ralph and Wankie are talking Bazo comes up behind Ralph and accuses Ralph of lying to him. What reason did Ralph give Bazo for their trek?
2. When the lion pounces on Jan Cheroot and his horse, how does Jan Cheroot survive?
3. What does Ralph think to himself when Zouga's rifle shot does not find its target, but goes low and left?
4. How does Ralph feel when he first sees the man who steps suddenly from the forest?
5. When Ralph first sees the man who steps suddenly from the forest, what reason is Ralph given for the smoke he sees?
6. Why does Tanase not want to go to Ralph's camp for the night so that Ralph and Bazo can catch up?
7. According to Hammond, what is the first objective in course of action that has been decided on?
8. Why does Wankie want a wagon?
9. Ralph is told a story about why there is smoke rising. The story is a lie. What is the real reason for the smoke?
10. Even though Gandang does not like Robyn, he does respect her. Why?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)