|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Juba and Bazo talk about killing the white men, who does Bazo say that he will kill himself?
2. What is the Matabele name given to Ralph?
3. As the story opens, how many days have the men marched east from the ruins?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Nine days.
(d) Six days.
4. What does the name of Bazo's son mean?
(a) The Seeker of Lost People.
(b) The Seeker After Knowledge.
(c) The Seeker of Truth.
(d) The Seeker After Justice.
5. Juba calls four stars in the night sky, Manatassi's Sons. What does Robyn call the same constellation?
(b) The Little Dipper.
(d) The Southern Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Gandang have with his most senior wife?
2. What is the name of Gandang's most senior wife?
3. What present does Victoria give to Cecil Rhodes from her mother?
4. According to the news from Bulawayo, where are Jameson's men preparing to attack?
5. When the three men find the area they are looking for, how many shafts does Zouga remember?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ralph think to himself when Zouga's rifle shot does not find its target, but goes low and left?
2. Why is Jordan so uncomfortable when Ralph and Cecil begin to argue at the camp?
3. How does Robyn explain to Juba her reasons for studying her chosen disease?
4. How does Bazo reply when the indunas ask when the "great storm" will begin?
5. What will the role of the mujiba be in the great storm?
6. Why does Wankie want a wagon?
7. Why does Robyn eventually publish "Trooper Hackett of Matabeleland" with her own money?
8. As the Matabele men prepare to carry out their killings, what is Tanase's primary job?
9. According to what Bazo tells Ralph, why are some of Bazo's men not coming to work the mines as Bazo originally promised to Ralph?
10. Why does Ruth convert to Christianity?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)