|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Juba comes to see Bazo, who is Juba upset with that Bazo insists must be killed?
2. As the story opens, how many days have the men marched east from the ruins?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Nine days.
(d) Ten days.
3. How long does it take Ralph and Harry to peg their new claims in Wankie's country?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two months.
4. Who do the Matabele refer to as One-Bright-Eye?
(a) Ralph Ballantyne.
(b) Leander Jameson.
(c) Mungo St. John.
(d) Cecil Rhodes.
5. Which of the following is NOT a son of King Lobengula?
6. When Robyn tells Mungo to leave the mission, Mungo sees the sky turning an unusual color in the distance. What is Mungo seeing?
7. When Cathy's sister finally arrive at the camp, who does Elizabeth greet first?
8. According to what Ralph tells Cathy, what is a bottle of whiskey worth in Bulawayo?
(a) Ten pounds.
(b) One pound.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) Eight pounds.
9. With what does Zouga hope to replace the trek oxen he lost to the virus?
10. What animals are drawing the soldiers' transport carts?
11. When Ralph goes to short sell two companies, how many shares of each company does Ralph want to trade?
(a) Two hundred thousand.
(c) Two thousand.
(d) Two hundred.
12. In Tanase's vision, how does Bazo die?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is hung.
(d) He is starved.
13. As the Umlimo is giving her prophesies, what type of creature is crawling over her body?
(a) A cricket.
(b) A spider.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A snake.
14. When Ralph sees smoke in the distance and rides off to investigate, who steps out suddenly from the forest?
15. When Jan Cheroot is lowered into the mine shaft, what does he find in the little cave?
(b) Dead bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What present does Victoria give to Cecil Rhodes from her mother?
2. What dis the meaning of the praise name that the Matabele have given to Zouga Ballantyne?
3. Before converting to Christianity, what name was Ruth known by?
4. What are Zouga, Ralph, and Jan Cheroot searching the land for?
5. Who is Mzilikazi?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)