|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of the profits from Harkness Mine will go to Cecil's company?
2. When Cathy's sister finally arrive at the camp, who does Elizabeth greet first?
3. What are amaholi?
4. When Tanase greets Bazo as he is returning to Gandang's kraal, she calls Bazo a name that makes Bazo uncomfortable. What is the name?
5. According to the Matabele, what is the only true form of wealth?
6. Who is Gandang's son?
7. How long after Cathy's sisters arrive at the camp does Cecil decide to leave the camp?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Sixteen minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) One hour.
8. As the story begins, how old is Ralph?
9. Who does Robyn forbid her children to contact if Robyn's study goes awry?
10. When Robyn tells Mungo to leave the mission, Mungo sees the sky turning an unusual color in the distance. What is Mungo seeing?
11. Who is the Chief Native Commissioner in Matabeleland?
(a) Mungo St. John.
(b) Zouga Ballantyne.
(c) Leander Jameson.
(d) Cecil Rhodes.
12. The first time in the ancient ruins, what did Zouga and Jan Cheroot find that Zouga insisted on taking with him?
(a) A statue.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A silver spear.
(d) A gold nugget.
13. When Ralph goes to short sell two companies, how many shares of each company does Ralph want to trade?
(a) Two thousand.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Two hundred thousand.
14. What dis the meaning of the praise name that the Matabele have given to Zouga Ballantyne?
(a) The Axe.
(b) The Fist.
(c) The Eagle.
(d) The Seeker.
15. Who does Bazo assign to kill Zouga and Louise?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cathy's sisters finally arrive at the camp, who does Victoria greet first?
2. What is the praise name that the Matabele have given to Zouga Ballantyne?
3. What does Ralph give Jonathon for his birthday?
4. What present does Victoria give to Cecil Rhodes from her mother?
5. According to Robyn, who are the soldiers riding past the church at night?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)