|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ralph goes to short sell two companies, how many shares of each company does Ralph want to trade?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Two thousand.
(c) Two hundred thousand.
2. When Juba comes to see Bazo, who is Juba upset with that Bazo insists must be killed?
3. As the three women walk towards Gandang's kraal, what do they notice is missing from the land?
4. What percentage of the profits from Harkness Mine will go to Cecil's company?
5. In Tanase's vision, how does Bazo die?
(a) He is starved.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is hung.
6. What is the name of Gandang's most senior wife?
7. According to Zouga's calculations, how many miles per day had he covered when Zouga had originally made this same journey?
(a) Ten miles per day.
(b) Eight miles per day.
(c) Three miles per day.
(d) Five miles per day.
8. How long does Ralph predict that it will take Cecil Rhodes to leave their camp after Cathy's sisters arrive?
(a) One day.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three hours.
(d) One hour.
9. Who is the Chief Native Commissioner in Matabeleland?
(a) Mungo St. John.
(b) Leander Jameson.
(c) Cecil Rhodes.
(d) Zouga Ballantyne.
10. At Khami Mission, who tells the girls that hundreds of soldiers are riding past the church?
(a) Old Abe.
(b) Old Bart.
(c) Old Moses.
(d) Old Mack.
11. What animals are drawing the soldiers' transport carts?
12. How long do the indunas wait in the village before the Umlimo comes down from the cavern?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
13. What does Ralph give Jonathon for his birthday?
(a) A horse.
(b) A gun.
(c) A book.
(d) A dog.
14. Who plans the development and extraction of the minerals at the mine?
15. How long after Cathy's sisters arrive at the camp does Cecil decide to leave the camp?
(a) Sixteen minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ralph is out prospecting with the man who will plan the development and extraction of the minerals, what does Ralph liken the continent of Africa to?
2. When Ralph sees smoke in the distance and rides off to investigate, who steps out suddenly from the forest?
3. According to Robyn, who are the soldiers riding past the church at night?
4. When the three men return to Cathy and Ralph's elaborate camp, who has arrived in their absence?
5. Who does Bazo assign to kill Zouga and Louise?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)