|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two - 1977: Pages 349 - 382.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Gandang have with his most senior wife?
2. When Ralph is out prospecting with the man who will plan the development and extraction of the minerals, what does Ralph liken the continent of Africa to?
(a) A treasure chest.
(b) A pirate ship.
(c) A wasteland.
(d) A layered cake.
3. Who leaves Cathy and Ralph's camp because they cannot stand any more of Cecil Rhodes?
4. Who owns Queen's Lynn?
(a) Ralph Ballantyne.
(b) Douglas Ballantyne.
(c) Roland Ballantyne.
(d) Jonathon Ballantyne.
5. After Ralph sells his company, who does he next visit in Kimberley?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed between when Zouga arrives in the land between the Limpopo and the Zambezi rivers at the beginning of the novel and when he had last been in this same area?
2. When Craig arrives at Queen's Lynn, who does Craig play a set of tennis with?
3. When the three men return to Cathy and Ralph's elaborate camp, who has arrived in their absence?
4. After the ambush, Ralph is in his tent, drunk, and writing in his journal about war. According to his writing, what does war do?
5. When the two men are not alone, by what name does Craig's companion call Craig?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)