|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - 1895: Pages 150 - 195.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jan Cheroot is lowered into the mine shaft, what does he find in the little cave?
(b) Dead bodies.
2. As the three women walk towards Gandang's kraal, what do they notice is missing from the land?
3. According to what Ralph tells Cathy, what is a bottle of whiskey worth in Bulawayo?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) Eight pounds.
(c) One pound.
(d) Ten pounds.
4. As Ralph, Zouga, and Jan Cheroot ride to the next ridge to continue their search, Ralph sees a flash of gold. What does Ralph see?
5. When Cathy's sisters finally arrive at the camp, who does Victoria greet first?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Juba travels from Robyn's back to her husband's kraal, how many attendants accompany her?
2. Who is the Chief Native Commissioner in Matabeleland?
3. How long does it take Ralph and Harry to peg their new claims in Wankie's country?
4. What is the name of Gandang's most senior wife?
5. What dis the meaning of the praise name that the Matabele have given to Zouga Ballantyne?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)