|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - 1895: Pages 109 - 150.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Zouga, Ralph, and Jan Cheroot searching the land for?
(a) White gold.
(b) Blue diamonds.
(c) Yellow diamonds.
(d) Red gold.
2. Who is Mzilikazi?
(a) Gandang's grandfather.
(b) Zouga's grandfather.
(c) Bazo's grandfather.
(d) Jan's grandfather.
3. Where do the Matabele seek refuge in times of trouble?
(a) The Harkness Mines.
(b) The Matopo Hills.
(c) The Shangani River.
4. In Tanase's vision, how does Bazo die?
(a) He is hung.
(b) He is starved.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is stabbed.
5. According to the Matabele, what is the only true form of wealth?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older than Bazo's son is Ralph's son?
2. When Cecil breaks open champagne and steals Robyn's guests, who arranges for a wagon of champagne to be brought in so Cecil will not be the focus of attention at the wedding?
3. As the story opens, how many days have the men marched east from the ruins?
4. As Ralph, Zouga, and Jan Cheroot ride to the next ridge to continue their search, Ralph sees a flash of gold. What does Ralph see?
5. Before converting to Christianity, what name was Ruth known by?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)