|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - 1895: Pages 35 - 73.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the novel begins, how many wagons does Ralph own?
2. When Jan Cheroot is lowered into the mine shaft, what does he find in the little cave?
(d) Dead bodies.
3. Who is Gandang's son?
4. Who plans the development and extraction of the minerals at the mine?
5. When Ralph sees smoke in the distance and rides off to investigate, who steps out suddenly from the forest?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tanase's vision, how does Bazo die?
2. What dis the meaning of the praise name that the Matabele have given to Zouga Ballantyne?
3. What are Zouga, Ralph, and Jan Cheroot searching the land for?
4. As the story opens, how many days have the men marched east from the ruins?
5. According to the Matabele, what is the only true form of wealth?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)