|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - 1895: Pages 35 - 73.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal comes to represent the beautiful and wild land between the Limpopo and the Zambezi rivers for Ralph Ballantyne?
2. When the three men return to Cathy and Ralph's elaborate camp, who has arrived in their absence?
(a) Leander Jameson.
(c) Robyn St. John.
(d) Cecil Rhodes.
3. What is the name of Gandang's most senior wife?
4. According to Zouga's calculations, how many miles per day had he covered when Zouga had originally made this same journey?
(a) Three miles per day.
(b) Five miles per day.
(c) Eight miles per day.
(d) Ten miles per day.
5. When the three men find the area they are looking for, how many shafts does Zouga remember?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mzilikazi?
2. What dis the meaning of the praise name that the Matabele have given to Zouga Ballantyne?
3. When Bazo and Ralph part, when does Bazo tell Ralph that the two men will meet again?
4. As the Umlimo is giving her prophesies, what type of creature is crawling over her body?
5. As the story opens, how many days have the men marched east from the ruins?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)