|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - 1895: Pages 35 - 73.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the indunas wait in the village before the Umlimo comes down from the cavern?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Ten days.
2. What name do the three men give to their new mine?
(a) Harkness Mine.
(b) New Rush Mine.
(c) Ballantyne Mine.
(d) African Mine.
3. What is the name of the distant blue summit shaped like a crouching lion that Zouga uses as a marker?
(a) The Way.
(b) The Beast.
(c) The King.
(d) The Sentinel.
4. The first time in the ancient ruins, what did Zouga and Jan Cheroot find that Zouga insisted on taking with him?
(a) A silver spear.
(b) A statue.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A gold nugget.
5. What are Zouga, Ralph, and Jan Cheroot searching the land for?
(a) Blue diamonds.
(b) Red gold.
(c) Yellow diamonds.
(d) White gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mzilikazi?
2. What is the praise name that the Matabele have given to Zouga Ballantyne?
3. How many blades does Bazo promise the Matabele warriors that they will have by the time the great storm begins?
4. As Ralph, Zouga, and Jan Cheroot ride to the next ridge to continue their search, Ralph sees a flash of gold. What does Ralph see?
5. As the story opens, how many days have the men marched east from the ruins?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)