|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - 1895: Pages 109 - 150.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cathy's sister finally arrive at the camp, who does Elizabeth greet first?
2. How much time has passed between when Zouga arrives in the land between the Limpopo and the Zambezi rivers at the beginning of the novel and when he had last been in this same area?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
3. Before the occupation of the company, when a senior wife of an indunas had traveled, how many attendants would be with her?
4. When Jan Cheroot is lowered into the mine shaft, what does he find in the little cave?
(b) Dead bodies.
5. Who does Robyn forbid her children to contact if Robyn's study goes awry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Robyn study by giving it to herself?
2. As the novel begins, how many wagons does Ralph own?
3. What is the Matabele name given to Ralph?
4. What animal comes to represent the beautiful and wild land between the Limpopo and the Zambezi rivers for Ralph Ballantyne?
5. As the story begins, how old is Ralph?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)