|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - 1895: Pages 109 - 150.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the story begins, how old is Ralph?
2. How much time has passed between when Zouga arrives in the land between the Limpopo and the Zambezi rivers at the beginning of the novel and when he had last been in this same area?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Twenty years.
3. What percentage of the profits from Harkness Mine will go to Cecil's company?
4. Who plans the development and extraction of the minerals at the mine?
5. Who is Gandang's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. The warrior who suddenly steps out of the forest was once known as the Ax. What is the warrior more commonly called now?
2. When Ralph is out prospecting with the man who will plan the development and extraction of the minerals, what does Ralph liken the continent of Africa to?
3. What disease does Robyn study by giving it to herself?
4. What dis the meaning of the praise name that the Matabele have given to Zouga Ballantyne?
5. When Ralph sees smoke in the distance and rides off to investigate, who steps out suddenly from the forest?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)