|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are 144 of these in Rome, according to historical record.
2. There are reportedly no bakers in Rome until after this time.
3. Magistrates address the assembly here.
4. The most important circus in Rome is this.
5. The final writer of tragedy plays in Rome is this,
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reign, and fall, of Caligula.
2. Explain the trials and punishments of the Roman Empire.
3. Explain the emergence of the republic at the end of the sixth century. How does this come about, and what is the result?
4. Describe a day at the races in Rome.
5. Describe the theater of Pompey.
6. Explain the naming convention of boy and girls in Rome, including when they are named, how many names they have, and under which legislation the naming convention becomes popular.
7. Describe the great fire, Nero's response, and his scapegoat.
8. Explain the development of the aqueducts in Rome.
9. Explain the drinks and snacks provided by the bars of Rome, and why eating out is so important.
10. Describe the two types of comedy that have an effect on Rome.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Roman theater with Athenian theater. Be sure to include information on types of plays, actors, costumes, stages, theaters, and any other elements. Additionally, make sure to suggest reasons for any similarities and differences, and help to explain how these types of theaters affected Roman and Athenian life.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the rise of Athens. Mention why Athens is able to thrive, the building of the walls, the introduction of the navy, and the creation of the ship-sheds, making sure to be as detailed as possible.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the various types of workers within the Athenian society. What type of work do they do? Why is this useful to society? Are there slaves, and how are they treated? How does this compare the same issues within Roman society?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)