|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roman literature indicates this is widespread.
2. Nero and his advisers blame these individuals for a great fire that guts central Rome.
(c) Haters of Nero.
3. This is where all public and political life are conducted.
(a) The Palatine.
(b) The Quirnal.
(c) The Comitium.
(d) The Forum.
4. Caligula is assassinated, along with these individuals.
(a) His son and daughter.
(b) His wife and daughter.
(c) His mother and wife.
(d) His mother and daughter.
5. The Theater of Marcellus is dedicated in this time.
(a) 13 or 11 AD.
(b) 20 or 21 AD.
(c) 20 or 21 BC.
(d) 13 or 11 BC.
Short Answer Questions
1. This is a regular feature of Roman religion.
2. These, built in 312 BC, provide a reliable source of water for Romans.
3. There are reportedly no bakers in Rome until after this time.
4. Punishments are administered according to this.
5. The population of Rome in the 2nd century AD is about this many.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Circus Maximus, where is it, and what is it made from?
2. Explain the imperial cult, in as much detail as possible.
3. Compare and contrast wealthy homes with those of the poor.
4. Explain the drinks and snacks provided by the bars of Rome, and why eating out is so important.
5. Describe the summer dining rooms in wealthy houses.
6. What are two of the factors that help Rome develop further and faster than other cities?
7. Describe the theater of Pompey.
8. Explain the trials and punishments of the Roman Empire.
9. Describe the education of children in Rome. Be sure to include information about class differences, gender differences, and how the educational system was organized.
10. Describe the food shops of Rome, including important food sources for Romans, and how the foods are processed.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)