|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This ruler of Rome is convinced he is a god.
2. Caligula is succeeded by this person, whom many believed is stupid, due to physical ailments.
3. Three of the most significant works of ancient Rome are:
(a) Paved roads, aqueducts, and cities.
(b) Paved roads, sewer systems, and theater.
(c) Aqueducts, paved roads and sewer systems.
(d) Aqueducts, paved roads and farms.
4. This is where all public and political life are conducted.
(a) The Quirnal.
(b) The Comitium.
(c) The Palatine.
(d) The Forum.
5. Streets are so narrow and dangerous, these are generally banned.
(a) Military vehicles.
(c) Wheeled vehicles.
Short Answer Questions
1. This is a typical style of tomb in Rome, as well as in Ostia.
2. Formal education of young women in Rome is _____.
3. These are forbidden within the city.
4. There are 144 of these in Rome, according to historical record.
5. Caligula is assassinated, along with these individuals.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the imperial cult, in as much detail as possible.
2. Explain the trials and punishments of the Roman Empire.
3. Explain the naming convention of boy and girls in Rome, including when they are named, how many names they have, and under which legislation the naming convention becomes popular.
4. Describe the theater of Pompey.
5. Compare and contrast wealthy homes with those of the poor.
6. Describe the food shops of Rome, including important food sources for Romans, and how the foods are processed.
7. Describe Roman marriage, including the age of marriage for both men and women, any penalties for not being married over a certain age, how they are arranged, the engagement, and the wedding ceremony.
8. Explain the development of the aqueducts in Rome.
9. Explain the drinks and snacks provided by the bars of Rome, and why eating out is so important.
10. What are two of the factors that help Rome develop further and faster than other cities?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)