|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Living conditions in Rome are so dirty this ruler passes a decree ordering home owners to clean the areas in front of their homes.
(b) Julius Caesar.
2. Laws keeping women under the authority of her husband are _____ in early Roman history.
3. Roman religion is _______ in origin.
4. Roman foods are often highly _____.
5. Magistrates address the assembly here.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nero and his advisers blame these individuals for a great fire that guts central Rome.
2. This is where all public and political life are conducted.
3. Criminal trials are heard by these, whose decisions are binding for all parties.
4. This ruler of Rome is convinced he is a god.
5. These help to organize small time businessmen of Rome.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the great fire, Nero's response, and his scapegoat.
2. Explain the naming convention of boy and girls in Rome, including when they are named, how many names they have, and under which legislation the naming convention becomes popular.
3. Describe the theater of Pompey.
4. Describe Roman marriage, including the age of marriage for both men and women, any penalties for not being married over a certain age, how they are arranged, the engagement, and the wedding ceremony.
5. Explain the refurbishment of monuments under Augustus.
6. Describe men and women's clothing and fashion in Rome. Be sure to include information about not only clothing, but also hairstyles, cosmetics, and any other information.
7. Compare and contrast wealthy homes with those of the poor.
8. What is the Circus Maximus, where is it, and what is it made from?
9. Describe the summer dining rooms in wealthy houses.
10. Describe the reign, and fall, of Caligula.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)