|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Formal education of young women in Rome is _____.
2. The Sacra Via and the Nova Via are the only of these wide enough.
3. The first cult in Rome is the cult of this.
(c) The Great Mother.
4. This ruler of Rome is convinced he is a god.
5. The Forum Boarium was used to do this.
(a) Sell food.
(b) Sell houses.
(c) Sell jewelry.
(d) Sell livestock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Living conditions in Rome are so dirty this ruler passes a decree ordering home owners to clean the areas in front of their homes.
2. Roman literature indicates this is widespread.
3. This invention helps make way for the building of the Colosseum, the Baths of Trajan and the Temple of Venus.
4. The four Pompeian styles include the Masonry, large panels of color, scenery, and this.
5. This is a regular feature of Roman religion.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Circus Maximus, where is it, and what is it made from?
2. Explain the development of the equestrian order in the third and second centuries.
3. Describe the situation during the 1st century between the Optimates and the Populares.
4. Explain the drinks and snacks provided by the bars of Rome, and why eating out is so important.
5. Describe men and women's clothing and fashion in Rome. Be sure to include information about not only clothing, but also hairstyles, cosmetics, and any other information.
6. Describe the two types of comedy that have an effect on Rome.
7. Describe the theater of Pompey.
8. Explain the imperial cult, in as much detail as possible.
9. Describe Roman marriage, including the age of marriage for both men and women, any penalties for not being married over a certain age, how they are arranged, the engagement, and the wedding ceremony.
10. Describe the education of children in Rome. Be sure to include information about class differences, gender differences, and how the educational system was organized.
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)