|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The most important circus in Rome is this.
(a) Circus Maximus.
(b) Circus Flaminius.
(c) Circus Augustus.
(d) Circus Martius.
2. These, built in 312 BC, provide a reliable source of water for Romans.
(b) Sewage plants.
(d) Water towers.
3. The poor, unlike the wealthy, often live in these.
(a) The streets.
(c) Rented rooms.
(d) Local hostels.
4. The population of Rome in the 2nd century AD is about this many.
5. This is a regular feature of Roman religion.
(c) Animal sacrifice.
6. The comedies that have an effect on later Roman comedy are the _____ and the ______.
(a) Campanian farce and the mime.
(b) Campanian farce and Phylakes.
(c) Phylakes and the Mime.
(d) Phlyakes and the Atellan farce.
7. This garment symbolizes a young man's status as a full citizen.
(a) Toga of manhood.
(b) Toga of citizenship.
(c) Toga of reality.
(d) Toga of thought.
8. These are forbidden within the city.
(a) Viewing or cremation.
(b) Burial or viewing.
(c) Cremation or burial.
(d) Cremation or funerals.
9. Living conditions in Rome are so dirty this ruler passes a decree ordering home owners to clean the areas in front of their homes.
(c) Julius Caesar.
10. The Hellenised Egyptian goddess ____ also has a cult in Rome.
11. Caligula is succeeded by this person, whom many believed is stupid, due to physical ailments.
12. The Forum Boarium was used to do this.
(a) Sell jewelry.
(b) Sell food.
(c) Sell houses.
(d) Sell livestock.
13. The toga is a sign of this.
14. The final writer of tragedy plays in Rome is this,
15. Women are penalized if they are not married by this age.
Short Answer Questions
1. The young aristocratic girls who are responsible for the sacred fire of Vesta, goddess of the hearth, are called:
2. All jockeys of chariots belong to ______.
3. These types of buildings are found only in Rome during this period.
4. It is under these emperors that Rome comes into its Golden Age.
5. Roman literature indicates this is widespread.
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)