|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Actors are often _____.
2. The comedies that have an effect on later Roman comedy are the _____ and the ______.
(a) Phlyakes and the Atellan farce.
(b) Campanian farce and Phylakes.
(c) Phylakes and the Mime.
(d) Campanian farce and the mime.
3. Laws keeping women under the authority of her husband are _____ in early Roman history.
4. An altar depicting ____ stands at one end of the mithraeum.
5. Roman literature indicates this is widespread.
6. This is the most famous Roman drain.
(a) Tiberus Maxima.
(b) Cloaca Minima.
(c) Cloaca Maxima.
(d) Tiberus Minima.
7. There are 144 of these in Rome, according to historical record.
(a) Public toilets.
(c) Horse stables.
8. Punishments are administered according to this.
(c) Family name.
(d) Social rank.
9. The poor, unlike the wealthy, often live in these.
(a) The streets.
(b) Rented rooms.
(c) Local hostels.
10. This altar is built on the Campus Martius to commemorate the victories of the emperor in Spain.
(a) Ara Pacis.
(b) Forum Augustum.
(c) Forum Romanum.
11. These help to organize small time businessmen of Rome.
12. Wild beast hunts are commonly staged in the ____________.
13. This ruler of Rome is convinced he is a god.
14. At the end of the sixth century, this type of government is in place.
15. The four Pompeian styles include the Masonry, large panels of color, scenery, and this.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caligula is assassinated, along with these individuals.
2. This surrounds the birth of a Roman child.
3. Rome's position on the this river provides it with a great defensive posture.
4. This is used even in ancient Rome to access buildings during construction.
5. This ruler is given the title of imperator and Augustus in 27 BC, which changes Rome from a Republic to a Principate.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)