|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Sacra Via and the Nova Via are the only of these wide enough.
2. If found guilty of adultery, the wife and her lover suffer this.
(b) Put into prison.
(d) Banished to different locations.
3. This is used even in ancient Rome to access buildings during construction.
4. Augustus fixes the number of senators at this number.
5. Criminal trials are heard by these, whose decisions are binding for all parties.
6. Living conditions in Rome are so dirty this ruler passes a decree ordering home owners to clean the areas in front of their homes.
(b) Julius Caesar.
7. Women are penalized if they are not married by this age.
8. Punishments are administered according to this.
(c) Social rank.
(d) Family name.
9. Three of the most significant works of ancient Rome are:
(a) Paved roads, sewer systems, and theater.
(b) Paved roads, aqueducts, and cities.
(c) Aqueducts, paved roads and farms.
(d) Aqueducts, paved roads and sewer systems.
10. Roman religion is _______ in origin.
11. The most important circus in Rome is this.
(a) Circus Flaminius.
(b) Circus Maximus.
(c) Circus Augustus.
(d) Circus Martius.
12. Rome's position on the this river provides it with a great defensive posture.
(b) Via Salaria.
13. Augustus focuses on creating this form of government.
14. The poor, unlike the wealthy, often live in these.
(a) Local hostels.
(b) Rented rooms.
(c) The streets.
15. The stage of the Theater of Marcellus is _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are _______ starting gates in the circus.
2. The first cult in Rome is the cult of this.
3. Formal education of young women in Rome is _____.
4. This is a regular feature of Roman religion.
5. Wild beast hunts are commonly staged in the ____________.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)