|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is a typical style of tomb in Rome, as well as in Ostia.
(b) There are no tombs.
2. By the first century BC, theater is geared toward this.
(a) Public taste.
(b) Political satire.
3. These are forbidden within the city.
(a) Burial or viewing.
(b) Viewing or cremation.
(c) Cremation or funerals.
(d) Cremation or burial.
4. Augustus focuses on creating this form of government.
5. Roman foods are often highly _____.
6. The four Pompeian styles include the Masonry, large panels of color, scenery, and this.
7. This garment symbolizes a young man's status as a full citizen.
(a) Toga of thought.
(b) Toga of reality.
(c) Toga of manhood.
(d) Toga of citizenship.
8. There are 144 of these in Rome, according to historical record.
(b) Public toilets.
(d) Horse stables.
9. Three of the most significant works of ancient Rome are:
(a) Paved roads, aqueducts, and cities.
(b) Aqueducts, paved roads and sewer systems.
(c) Paved roads, sewer systems, and theater.
(d) Aqueducts, paved roads and farms.
10. The Forum Boarium was used to do this.
(a) Sell houses.
(b) Sell jewelry.
(c) Sell food.
(d) Sell livestock.
11. This altar is built on the Campus Martius to commemorate the victories of the emperor in Spain.
(a) Forum Augustum.
(c) Forum Romanum.
(d) Ara Pacis.
12. Laws keeping women under the authority of her husband are _____ in early Roman history.
13. This invention helps make way for the building of the Colosseum, the Baths of Trajan and the Temple of Venus.
14. The poor, unlike the wealthy, often live in these.
(b) Rented rooms.
(c) Local hostels.
(d) The streets.
15. The Hellenised Egyptian goddess ____ also has a cult in Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. The population of Rome in the 2nd century AD is about this many.
2. Magistrates address the assembly here.
3. This is a regular feature of Roman religion.
4. The comedies that have an effect on later Roman comedy are the _____ and the ______.
5. At the end of the sixth century, this type of government is in place.
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)