|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These are forbidden within the city.
(a) Cremation or burial.
(b) Cremation or funerals.
(c) Burial or viewing.
(d) Viewing or cremation.
2. There are reportedly no bakers in Rome until after this time.
(a) 1 BC.
(b) 5 AD.
(c) 43 BC.
(d) 174 BC.
3. The first cult in Rome is the cult of this.
(a) The Great Mother.
4. The young aristocratic girls who are responsible for the sacred fire of Vesta, goddess of the hearth, are called:
(a) Vestal priestesses.
(b) Vestal Vipers.
(c) Vestal vicars.
(d) Vestal Virgins.
5. Women are penalized if they are not married by this age.
6. Augustus focuses on creating this form of government.
7. Roman literature indicates this is widespread.
8. It is under these emperors that Rome comes into its Golden Age.
(a) Augustus and Caligula.
(b) Trajan and Hadrian.
(c) Augustus and Maximus.
(d) Nero and Celete.
9. The only female priesthood of Rome are these.
(a) Virgins of the Vestal.
(b) Vestal Priestesses.
(c) Priestess of Vestige.
(d) Vestal Virgins.
10. The final writer of tragedy plays in Rome is this,
11. Travelers do not travel at night because of these.
(b) Wild animals.
12. Roman religion is _______ in origin.
13. Under this ruler, a land-locked inner basin is built which is linked to the Tiber via a canal.
14. This altar is built on the Campus Martius to commemorate the victories of the emperor in Spain.
(a) Forum Augustum.
(b) Forum Romanum.
(c) Ara Pacis.
15. Actors are often _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. These types of buildings are found only in Rome during this period.
2. The toga is a sign of this.
3. These are used by women extensively in Roman times.
4. Magistrates address the assembly here.
5. All jockeys of chariots belong to ______.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)