1. This is the market place and political center of Athens in the fifth century.
2. The first king of Athens is ________, who establishes worship of the Greek gods.
3. In 480 BC, a huge army under this Persian king breaks through the Spartan army at Thermopylae, and attacks Athens.
4. To stave off future attacks, the Athenians build this to help protect their city.
5. The oligarchic government of thirty pro-Spartan aristocrats who rule the Athenians following the war with Sparta is called this.
The Thirty Tyrants.
6. It is estimated that the total Athenian military strength is around this many soldiers.
7. These are used to channel water to the city of Athens.
This section contains 3,175 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)