|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Rome, Pages 150 through 189.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Juries in Athens for criminal trials have a range of members that include this many people.
(a) 21 - 201 people.
(b) 201 - 2001 people.
(c) 1 - 21 people.
(d) 2001 - 20,001 people.
2. In around 950 BC, Athens moves from a monarchy to this form of government.
3. These allow state payments to be made for performance of civic duty, thereby allowing the poor to participate in politics.
(b) The Boule and levies.
(c) Tributes and levies.
(d) The Boule and tributes.
4. What is / are the most common forms of punishment in ancient Athens?
(c) Fines, confiscation of property, loss of rights, or exile.
(d) Flogging and branding.
5. The only female priesthood of Rome are these.
(a) Vestal Priestesses.
(b) Vestal Virgins.
(c) Priestess of Vestige.
(d) Virgins of the Vestal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Actors are often _____.
2. This many main Gods are worshiped in Athens.
3. These establishments cater to a quick drink or longer refreshments.
4. This is found on the walls of many houses during the excavations at Olynthus in the 1930s.
5. The stage of the Theater of Marcellus is _________.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)