|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Athens, Pages 48 through 102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A great statue of this goddess stands inside the west end of the central isle of the Parthenon.
2. In 487 BC, laws are passed that dictate candidates for archonship must be chosen in this manner, instead of being elected.
(a) By an election of kings.
(b) By chance.
(c) By lot.
(d) By assembly.
3. To protect its food supply, Athens decides they require a strong navy, the architect of which is this person.
4. The Pythian games are held at this place.
5. These rooms are so small, they are difficult to distinguish among the ruins of Athenian ruins.
(a) Living rooms.
(b) Dining rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ is credited with building the first stage.
2. These objects are sparse, and generally made of wood.
3. This is the common form of Athenian currency.
4. This is the market place and political center of Athens in the fifth century.
5. This person, the designer of the building, puts together a team of sculptors to create the sculptures outside the Parthenon.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)