|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Athens, Pages 48 through 102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hades is the god of this.
(c) The Underworld.
(d) The Sea.
2. Ancient walls around the city are believed to have been built in ____.
(a) Both 5th and 6th century BC.
(b) 6th century BC.
(c) 5th century BC.
(d) 8th century AD.
3. What do many Athenians do to unwanted children?
(a) Give them up for adoption.
(b) Expose them to the elements to die.
(c) Abort them.
(d) Murder them.
4. To stave off future attacks, the Athenians build this to help protect their city.
(a) A bridge.
(b) A wall.
(c) A large gunship.
(d) A cannon.
5. At the age of eighteen, Athenian boys must attend this.
(a) Military training.
(b) Etiquette lessons.
(c) Civil assemblies.
(d) Charm school.
Short Answer Questions
1. This many main Gods are worshiped in Athens.
2. Sophocles is said to have introduced this.
3. Who serve as police officers, in a sense, in Athens?
4. The final day of the festival is devoted to this.
5. What is the only crime in Athens for which a woman can divorce her husband?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)