|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burton suggests confessing _______ is a good cure.
2. According to Christianity, good brings forth _____.
3. Burton discusses that the most unfortunate trials of two deeply in love are _____.
4. At any given time, who does the wanton man love most?
(a) Whoever is closest to him.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His fantasy woman.
5. Member Four discusses the questionable _______ of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burton describes love as the desire for _____.
2. According to Burton, what is the strongest sign of love?
3. What did Aetius do to cure his melancholy?
4. Burton discusses that exercising the ______ is a cure for melancholy.
5. In Chapter 12, Burton focuses on how _______ causes love melancholy.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Burton, why don't nuns sleep in their own beds?
2. In Chapter 12, Burton describes a wanton man. Does this man actually love women he is with? Why or why not?
3. According to Burton, do all symptoms of love appear positive? Can love be mistaken for something else?
4. Does Burton regard beauty as positive or negative in terms of love? Explain.
5. According to Burton, do challenges help cure melancholy? Why or why not?
6. Is religion a potential cause for melancholy? How does Burton make the connection?
7. According to Burton, can speech cure melancholy? Why or why not?
8. What are the three basic types of love Burton expresses?
9. Why does Burton see love and hate as being similar?
10. Are Burton's ways of curing melancholy fairly black and white? What are his cures dependent on?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)