|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burton writes, "...doth Cupids fire provoke tears from a _____ lover's eyes."
2. According to Christianity, good brings forth _____.
3. According to Burton, which women are the most deceitful?
(a) Old women.
(b) Married women.
4. Burton believes different races developed as a result of adapting to ______.
5. Burton sees strong love as _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from variation in skin color, Burton discusses how ______contributes to variation.
2. Burton speculates that people of a _______ climate are more prone to jealousy.
3. How steadfast is the wanton man?
4. Burton suggests cures must be applied _____ or they will have no effect.
5. The wanton man's love life is not one of love but of _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the diagram at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. What are legal ways to cure melancholy? Why doe Burton consider them legal?
3. In Chapter 12, Burton describes a wanton man. Does this man actually love women he is with? Why or why not?
4. In Chapter 14, how highly does Burton regard love?
5. According to Burton, can speech cure melancholy? Why or why not?
6. Why did Alcibiades frequently get into trouble?
7. How does Burton feel about the physical variations in humans? How does he approach these variations?
8. Why does Burton believe idleness causes melancholy via love?
9. In Chapter 14, how does Burton liken love to melancholy?
10. What are the three basic types of love Burton expresses?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)