|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burton speculates that people of a _______ climate are more prone to jealousy.
2. What did Aetius do to cure his melancholy?
(a) Bought a cat.
(b) Wrote a book.
(c) Moved to a new house.
(d) Bathed daily.
3. Burton explains that melancholy can be caused by a ______ for God.
4. Alcibiades' love life was ____.
5. Burton believes the clearest diagnosis of love is _______ symptoms.
6. What ironic negative symptoms does Burton observe of love?
7. What does Burton believe will happen if two people are placed together for long enough?
(a) They will hate each other.
(b) They will become friends.
(c) They will fall in love.
(d) They will forget about other people.
8. Why does Burton think nuns don't sleep in their own beds?
(a) Because they're with their boyfriends.
(b) Because it's cold.
(c) Because their beds are uncomfortable.
(d) Because they're afraid of the friars.
9. Love will lead to melancholy if there is ____.
10. Burton believes that irregular pairs in love are _______.
11. According to Burton, the cure for melancholy depends on ____.
(a) The severity.
(b) The duration.
(c) The gender.
(d) The cause.
12. Burton believes that rectification of _____ is a cure for melancholy.
13. What does the anecdote in Chapter 13 meant to discuss about women?
(a) Their secrets.
(b) Their ups and downs.
(c) Their flaws.
(d) Their beauty.
14. Alcibiades' troubles were from his bad diet and ______.
(a) Bad attitude.
(c) Good looks.
15. Burton believes that relationships based in lust will soon turn to ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Alcibiades' biggest attribute?
2. Burton discusses that the most unfortunate trials of two deeply in love are _____.
3. Burton sees love causing an array of ______ and feelings.
4. Burton uses Antony and Cleopatra as an example of the _______ of passion.
5. Burton explains that love can be full of over-optimism and ______.
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)