|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burton describes love as the desire for _____.
2. Burton speculates that people of a _______ climate are more prone to jealousy.
3. Burton believes that rectification of _____ is a cure for melancholy.
4. How steadfast is the wanton man?
(a) He is neglectful.
(b) He is loyal.
(c) He is fickle.
(d) He is adulterous.
5. Burton believes the allure of beauty is furthered with intentional behaviors and _____.
6. According to Burton, which women are the most deceitful?
(a) Old women.
(c) Married women.
7. According to Burton, what is one who loves worthy of?
8. Burton discusses that the most unfortunate trials of two deeply in love are _____.
9. Burton explains that love can be full of over-optimism and ______.
10. According to Burton, what is the strongest sign of love?
(a) When two people are found together.
(b) When two people are afraid of others.
(c) When two people are laughing together.
(d) When two people pretend not to like each other.
11. At the end of Chapter 15, Burton discusses his doubt that love is ______.
12. Burton sees love causing an array of ______ and feelings.
13. What cures does Burton recommend to his readers?
(a) Illegal cures.
(b) Legal cures.
(c) Medical cures.
(d) Holistic methods.
14. Burton suggests confessing _______ is a good cure.
15. Burton cites Plato, who discusses the _______ of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burton discusses Alcibiades, a _______ of Plato.
2. What would be a legal cure for melancholy?
3. Burton uses Antony and Cleopatra as an example of the _______ of passion.
4. Who does the wanton man always fall in love with?
5. Burton believes most means to entice people to sexual activity are ______.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)