|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burton believes that rectification of _____ is a cure for melancholy.
2. Burton claims there are legal and _____ ways to cure melancholy.
3. Burton describes love as the desire for _____.
4. Burton suggests ____ as a distraction and cure for melancholy.
(a) A new challenge.
(b) A new hobby.
(c) A new town.
(d) A new relationship.
5. Burton explains women sometimes compromise themselves because of _______ or force.
6. Burton discusses that exercising the ______ is a cure for melancholy.
7. Alcibiades' love life was ____.
8. Burton explains love and lust do are not always ______.
9. Burton's recommendation for a cure in Chapter 9 is _____.
10. Burton writes, "...doth Cupids fire provoke tears from a _____ lover's eyes."
11. Burton offers a recipe cure of fasting and boiled _____.
12. Burton warns that ______ can be used to entice love.
13. What does Burton see love and hate having in common?
(a) They're unnecessary.
(b) They're uncommon.
(c) They're powerful.
(d) They're misunderstood.
14. Burton explains love is a type of ______.
15. Love will lead to melancholy if there is ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Christianity, good brings forth _____.
2. According to Burton, the cure for melancholy depends on ____.
3. Burton sees love causing an array of ______ and feelings.
4. What did Aetius do to cure his melancholy?
5. Member Four discusses the questionable _______ of love.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)