|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the target for Burton's book?
(a) Histrical figures.
(b) Modern people.
(c) His peers.
2. Burton believes people can carry on relationships with the dead through ______.
3. Who are humanoid demons superior to?
(d) Regular demons.
4. From Burton's view, _____, madness, and melancholy are distinct.
5. How does Burton categorize types of melancholy?
(a) By people's reactions.
(b) By the duration.
(c) By the cause.
(d) By the symptoms.
6. What does Burton see as the current status of angels and demons?
(a) They are a joke.
(b) They are a cult fascination.
(c) They are dominant.
(d) They are subdominant.
7. What is Burton's third step to correcting melancholy?
(a) Calling one's family.
(b) Starting a new relationship.
(c) Going on vacation.
(d) Taking steps to heal.
8. According to Burton, divine justice is a(n) ______ philosophy today.
9. What does Burton believe are the first formed parts of the body?
(a) The spermatical.
(b) The eyes.
(c) The soul.
(d) The heart.
10. How does Burton regard those who claim they have melancholy?
(a) They aren't faking.
(b) They're pretending.
(c) There is something else wrong.
(d) They should be shunned.
11. Burton believes devils are to plagues as airborne particles are to _______.
12. What does Burton believe the effect of idleness is?
(b) Memory loss.
13. Burton's views of airy and fiery spirits are related to ______.
14. Aside from the common person, Burton's audience includes _____.
(a) Future generations.
(b) People with melancholy.
15. What is the nature of the choler humor?
(a) It's warm.
(b) It's rare.
(c) It's yellow.
(d) It's moist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which answer is not Burton's objective for writing "The Anatomy of Melancholy"?
2. Divine justice suggests people have ______ control over what happens to them.
3. What kind of food does Burton believe induces melancholy?
4. Burton believes God is _____ to punish people.
5. Democritus provids the _____ viewpoint of melancholy.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)