|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of water does Burton believe is better to drink?
2. In Burton's opinion, what is the negative side of large-scale diseases and disasters?
(a) It's expensive.
(b) It's tragic.
(c) It's dramatic.
(d) It's inevitable.
3. What kind of food does Burton believe induces melancholy?
(a) Sugar and Salt.
(b) Meat and dairy.
4. In Burton's opinion, what is the benefit of large-scale disasters and diseases?
(a) Community building.
(b) Population control.
(c) More faith in God.
5. What does Burton believe happens to an illness if symptoms are alleviated?
(a) The illness gets worse.
(b) The illness remains.
(c) The illness goes away.
(d) The illness changes.
6. Burton sees people with fiery temperaments as very ______.
7. What is the connection of Democritus and Democritus Junior?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are the same person.
(c) Their thoughts on melancholy.
(d) They are father and son.
8. Under special conditions, what does Burton claim humanoid demons share with humans?
(a) Their good looks.
(b) Their beautiful singing voice.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their vast knowledge.
9. How many ranks does Burton have for evil spirits?
10. Who are humanoid demons superior to?
(c) Regular demons.
11. What is the nature of the phlegmatic humor?
(a) It's cold.
(b) It's dry.
(c) It's pink.
(d) It's warm.
12. Burton is careful not to ______ too much knowledge on the reader.
13. Burton's views of airy and fiery spirits are related to ______.
14. Burton claims that, for some, melancholy is normal and becomes a _____.
15. Through what method are religion and science able to coexist?
(a) A contract.
(b) Their supporters.
(d) Accepted differences.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are Democritus's thoughts prevalent?
2. From Burton's view, _____, madness, and melancholy are distinct.
3. According to Burton, divine justice is a(n) ______ philosophy today.
4. Burton's discussions about the soul and sensitive soul are based on _______.
5. If one experiences headaches, Burton believes his melancholy condition might be ______ related.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)