|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Burton's opinion, what is the negative side of large-scale diseases and disasters?
(a) It's inevitable.
(b) It's expensive.
(c) It's dramatic.
(d) It's tragic.
2. What is the nature of the choler humor?
(a) It's rare.
(b) It's yellow.
(c) It's warm.
(d) It's moist.
3. What is the appearance of the melancholic humor?
(a) It's dark.
(b) It's dry.
(c) It's clear.
(d) It's warm.
4. How does Burton believe humanoid demons appear?
(a) Like beautiful children.
(b) Like aliens.
(c) Like demons.
(d) Like normal humans.
5. According to Burton, who won't entertain conversations about angles or demons?
6. Burton believes actions of idleness and excessive ______ often cause depression.
7. Aside from magnitude, Burton discusses _____.
8. Burton identifies wild ______ as the most chronic cause of human ailments.
9. What kind of food does Burton believe induces melancholy?
(a) Sugar and Salt.
(b) Meat and dairy.
10. What kinds of ideas does Burton believe deities personify?
11. Where are lycanthrops during the day?
(a) In trees.
(d) At work.
12. Burton thinks a dietary problem is _____.
(a) A social cause for melancholy.
(b) An internal cause for melancholy.
(c) A mental cause for melancholy.
(d) A pre-exising cause for melancholy.
13. What does Burton believe is a subtle substance produced by the body?
(b) An aura.
(d) The spirit.
14. From Burton's view, _____, madness, and melancholy are distinct.
15. Burton believe people who arrive with technology are seen as ____.
(c) Con artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which answer is not Burton's objective for writing "The Anatomy of Melancholy"?
2. Burton's discussions about the soul and sensitive soul are based on _______.
3. What is Burton's second step to correcting melancholy?
4. What does Burton believe are the first formed parts of the body?
5. Burton explains the causes of human ailments are _______.
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)