Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Book 1, The Anatomy of Melancholy : Chapter 1, The Introductory Material
1. According to Burton, is he the author of this work on melancholy? Why or why not?
2. How does Burton view his inferiority or superiority to Democritus?
3. What specifically about "melancholy" does Burton wish to discuss?
4. Why does Burton want to further the ideas of Democritus?
Short Essay Question - Book 1, The First Partition : Chapter 2, Melancholia
5. What is Burton's methodology for dealing with affliction in melancholy?
This section contains 914 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)