Short Answer Questions Key
1. Which answer is not Burton's objective for writing "The Anatomy of Melancholy"?
To gain fame.
2. What is Burton doing with the work of Democritus?
Further developing it.
3. What is the connection of Democritus and Democritus Junior?
Their thoughts on melancholy.
4. Democritus provids the _____ viewpoint of melancholy.
5. When are Democritus's thoughts prevalent?
The medieval period.
6. What makes melancholy of special interest to Democritus?
He has a melancholic temperament himself.
7. "The Anatomy of Melancholy" addresses two conditions: unhappiness and ________.
8. The most minor form of melancholy is a tendency towards _______ and sadness.
This section contains 2,950 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)