|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Third Partition : Chapter 13, Aritficial Allurements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Burton, what is one who loves worthy of?
2. What kind of speech does Burton believe is most helpful to cure melancholy?
3. What is Burton's third step to correcting melancholy?
(a) Starting a new relationship.
(b) Calling one's family.
(c) Going on vacation.
(d) Taking steps to heal.
4. What does Burton believe is the only way the Devil can punish humans?
(a) With God's permission.
(b) If they are being tested.
(c) If they've done something wrong.
(d) If they are loyal to him.
5. Someone with lycanthropy has _______ legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burton claims that, for some, melancholy is normal and becomes a _____.
2. What is the nature of the phlegmatic humor?
3. What does Burton see love and hate having in common?
4. What does Burton believe is a subtle substance produced by the body?
5. According to Burton, divine justice is a(n) ______ philosophy today.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)