|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Causes of Melancholy - the Demonaic causes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do false gods fall on Burton's spirit ranking list?
(a) The middle.
(b) The top.
(c) The bottom.
(d) They're not listed.
2. "The Anatomy of Melancholy" addresses two conditions: unhappiness and ________.
(a) Clinical depression.
3. Burton explains there are natural and _______ causes for melancholy.
4. What makes melancholy of special interest to Democritus?
(a) He wants to help people.
(b) He loves the sound of the word.
(c) It is an undiscussed subject.
(d) He has a melancholic temperament himself.
5. According to Burton, divine justice is a(n) ______ philosophy today.
Short Answer Questions
1. A sufferer of lycanthropy believes he is _____.
2. Many writers call melancholy a form of ______.
3. Some believe the eccentric behavior of lycanthropy is a means of ______.
4. In Burton's opinion, what is the benefit of large-scale disasters and diseases?
5. Aside from magnitude, Burton discusses _____.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)