|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Causes of Melancholy - the Demonaic causes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burton believes devils are to plagues as airborne particles are to _______.
2. From Burton's view, _____, madness, and melancholy are distinct.
3. Divine justice suggests people have ______ control over what happens to them.
(d) A lot.
4. What is Burton's first step to correcting melancholy?
(a) Finding new friends.
(b) Recognizing its existence.
(c) Hours of meditation.
(d) Taking medication.
5. What is the nature of the choler humor?
(a) It's warm.
(b) It's yellow.
(c) It's moist.
(d) It's rare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from magnitude, Burton discusses _____.
2. Burton sees destruction by natural disasters as _______.
3. How does Burton regard those who claim they have melancholy?
4. Burton identifies wild ______ as the most chronic cause of human ailments.
5. What is the connection of Democritus and Democritus Junior?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)