|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Causes of Melancholy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burton describes "______" victims as people who suffer by no wrongdoing of their own.
2. Burton claims that, for some, melancholy is normal and becomes a _____.
3. Someone with lycanthropy has ______ eyes.
4. What does Burton believe happens to an illness if symptoms are alleviated?
(a) The illness goes away.
(b) The illness gets worse.
(c) The illness changes.
(d) The illness remains.
5. Many writers call melancholy a form of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the choler humor?
2. What is the connection of Democritus and Democritus Junior?
3. What does Burton credit as the cause of inexplicable melancholy?
4. What culture describes people gaining power and control through spirit possession?
5. Aside from the common person, Burton's audience includes _____.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)