|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Causes of Melancholy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If one experiences headaches, Burton believes his melancholy condition might be ______ related.
2. Many writers call melancholy a form of ______.
3. What does Burton believe happens to an illness if symptoms are alleviated?
(a) The illness goes away.
(b) The illness gets worse.
(c) The illness remains.
(d) The illness changes.
4. Divine justice suggests people have ______ control over what happens to them.
(a) A lot.
5. Where are lycanthrops during the day?
(a) At work.
(d) In trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Burton's opinion, what is the negative side of large-scale diseases and disasters?
2. Burton claims that, for some, melancholy is normal and becomes a _____.
3. Aside from the common person, Burton's audience includes _____.
4. How does Burton regard those who claim they have melancholy?
5. Burton identifies wild ______ as the most chronic cause of human ailments.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)