|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, First Partition : Chapter 3, Melancholia Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which answer is not Burton's objective for writing "The Anatomy of Melancholy"?
(a) To entertain.
(b) To change thought.
(c) To gain fame.
(d) To disprove phychologists.
2. Burton describes "______" victims as people who suffer by no wrongdoing of their own.
3. Divine justice suggests people have ______ control over what happens to them.
(b) A lot.
4. Burton regards all magnitudes of melancholy as _______.
5. Burton explains the causes of human ailments are _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Burton's opinion, what is the negative side of large-scale diseases and disasters?
2. How does Burton categorize types of melancholy?
3. If one experiences headaches, Burton believes his melancholy condition might be ______ related.
4. What is Burton doing with the work of Democritus?
5. Aside from magnitude, Burton discusses _____.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)