|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, First Partition : Chapter 3, Melancholia Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Burton begin discussing his methodology for dealing with melancholy in Chapter 2?
(a) Through metaphor.
(b) Through a chart.
(c) Through riddles.
(d) Through historical references.
2. Burton sees destruction by natural disasters as _______.
3. Aside from magnitude, Burton discusses _____.
4. Burton regards all magnitudes of melancholy as _______.
5. Burton agrees with divine justice in that ____ causes suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the connection of Democritus and Democritus Junior?
2. Who is the target for Burton's book?
3. Divine justice suggests people have ______ control over what happens to them.
4. Burton describes "______" victims as people who suffer by no wrongdoing of their own.
5. "The Anatomy of Melancholy" addresses two conditions: unhappiness and ________.
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)