|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, First Partition : Chapter 3, Melancholia Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burton describes "______" victims as people who suffer by no wrongdoing of their own.
2. According to Burton, divine justice is a(n) ______ philosophy today.
3. Democritus provids the _____ viewpoint of melancholy.
4. What is Burton's third step to correcting melancholy?
(a) Taking steps to heal.
(b) Calling one's family.
(c) Going on vacation.
(d) Starting a new relationship.
5. Burton believes actions of idleness and excessive ______ often cause depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the target for Burton's book?
2. If one experiences despondency, Burton believes his condition might be ______ related.
3. In Burton's opinion, what is the negative side of large-scale diseases and disasters?
4. Burton regards all magnitudes of melancholy as _______.
5. In Burton's opinion, what is the benefit of large-scale disasters and diseases?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)