|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The First Partition : Chapter 5, Digression of Anatomy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burton sees destruction by natural disasters as _______.
2. What is Burton doing with the work of Democritus?
(a) Further developing it.
(b) Undermininging it.
(c) Glorifying it.
(d) Disproving it.
3. What is Burton's opinion of why disease is less common today?
(a) Better food.
(b) Medicine and hygiene.
(c) Less children.
(d) Less trees.
4. Which answer is not Burton's objective for writing "The Anatomy of Melancholy"?
(a) To entertain.
(b) To gain fame.
(c) To disprove phychologists.
(d) To change thought.
5. The most minor form of melancholy is a tendency towards _______ and sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burton claims that, for some, melancholy is normal and becomes a _____.
2. What is the nature of the choler humor?
3. What does Burton believe are the first formed parts of the body?
4. Burton thinks a dietary problem is _____.
5. How does Burton begin discussing his methodology for dealing with melancholy in Chapter 2?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)