1. When was "The American" originally published in book form?
2. In what magazine was "The American" originally published as a series?
The Atlantic Monthly.
3. What is Newman's full name?
4. What does Newman use, when the novel opens, as a guide for the Louvre?
A tour book.
5. Where is Newman from?
6. How is Newman described in the opening chapter of "The American"?
As being attractive.
7. Where does Newman first see Noemie?
In the Louvre.
8. What does Noemie do for a living?
Paints replicas of paintings in the Louvre.
This section contains 5,200 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)