|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XI and XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claire react to Newman's first visit when he comes to see her?
(a) She agrees to meet him at a market later that afternoon.
(b) She tells her brother to never bring anyone to the house again.
(c) She agrees to meet him in secret later.
(d) She invites him back.
2. Babcock is from __________.
3. At the end of Chapter VIII, what does Valentin agree to do for Newman?
(a) Plead his case to Claire.
(b) Everything he can to keep them apart.
(c) Convince the newspapers to stop following him around so much.
(d) Help him learn French faster.
4. How does Newman think Noemie has come to be so wise in the ways of the world?
(a) By watching people in the museum.
(b) By being born with a gift for reading people.
(c) By having a hard life.
(d) By spending so much time in the orphanage.
5. What does Newman prefer to do instead of going to the club and playing poker with Tristam?
(a) Watching the women paint in the Louvre.
(b) Spending time alone.
(c) Hanging out and talking to Mrs. Tristam.
(d) Feeding pigeons in the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nioche claim his daughter is like?
2. How is Newman informed that he has been accepted by the Bellegardes family as Claire's suitor?
3. What promise did Claire make to her family in order to make peace with everyone?
4. Who does Valentin confess asked him to come visit Newman in his home?
5. What are Valentin, Claire, and Newman sitting in front of the first time Newman pays Claire a visit?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)