|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XI and XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newman use, when the novel opens, as a guide for the Louvre?
(a) A private tour.
(b) An audio tour.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A tour book.
2. What does Urbain tell Newman the family still needs to come to terms with?
(a) The fact that Newman is not good at French.
(b) The fact that Newman is a businessman.
(c) The fact that Newman is so much older than Claire.
(d) The fact that Newman is from Brazil.
3. What does everyone drink during Newman's first visit to see Claire?
4. When was "The American" originally published in book form?
5. How does Valentin respond to Newman's observation that Valentin does nothing but enjoy his leisure?
(a) He is really, really mad.
(b) He agrees with him.
(c) He claims Newman is a genius.
(d) He breaks down crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Valentin go to Rome when he was younger?
2. Who is Urbain?
3. Why does Claire claim she is agreeing to see Newman in Chapter IX?
4. Who is Valentin?
5. Where do Noemie and Valentin first meet?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)