|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XV and XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Newman find Noemie and her dad after she has disappeared?
(a) The Cafe de la Patrie.
(b) An open air market.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Occidental Club.
2. For how long does Claire make Newman promise to wait before bringing up the idea of marriage again?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six years.
(d) Six weeks.
3. What reason does Mrs. Tristam give Newman about why Claire will never act against her mother or brother?
(a) Claire is too timid.
(b) It was Claire's father's dying wish that she always obey.
(c) The family is abusive to her.
(d) The importance of family.
4. How long does Newman wait to pay a visit to Claire after he has spoken to Valentin about his intentions with her?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
5. When Newman comes to visit Claire's home for the first time, what happens?
(a) He has been given a fake address.
(b) He is told she is not in.
(c) He gets lost.
(d) There is a fire in the building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire say in response to Newman's first confession to her that he feels very deeply for her?
2. What does Newman tell Claire he meant in his first proposal to her?
3. What is Claire de Bellegarde's history of marriage?
4. How does Claire seem as her marriage to Newman grows closer?
5. Who reassures Newman that he is acting appropriately at his engagement party?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)