|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XV and XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Valentin?
(a) One of Claire's brothers.
(b) A cousin of Claire's.
(c) A house servant who is in love with Claire.
(d) A friend of Claire's.
2. What is Claire de Bellegarde's history of marriage?
(a) She has never been engaged or married.
(b) She has been engaged three times but never married.
(c) She is a widow.
(d) She is still married, but a divorce is inevitable.
3. During his travels, what does Newman admit in a letter to Mrs. Tristam?
(a) He misses Claire.
(b) He longs to return to America.
(c) He is thinking of staying in Rome.
(d) He is in love with her.
4. Who informs Newman that Noemie has left her father's home?
(a) Mrs. Tristam.
5. Babcock is from __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newman prefer to do instead of going to the club and playing poker with Tristam?
2. What does Nioche confide in Newman is the biggest struggle for him regarding his daughter?
3. Where does Newman unexpectedly run into Valentin?
4. How does Newman come to view Tristam after a while?
5. How does Newman think Noemie has come to be so wise in the ways of the world?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)