|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Franklin D. Roosevelt: The Patrician as Opportunist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt from the waist down?
(d) Multiple sclerosis.
2. Why did Wendell Phillips become estranged from William Lloyd Garrison?
(a) Phillips and Garrison argued over political philosophies.
(b) Garrison slandered Phillips in a New York newspaper.
(c) Garrison was too radical for Phillips.
(d) Phillips sued Garrison for slander.
3. What did the Founders believe about man?
(a) That he will succeed only when free.
(b) That he is evil and selfish.
(c) That he is inherently good.
(d) That he must be led to make moral and correct decisions.
4. With what movement is William Lloyd Garrison associated?
(a) The progressive movement.
(b) The democratic movement.
(c) The socialist movement.
(d) The abolitionist movement.
5. Who were the Southwesterners?
(a) One of Andrew Jackson's military regiments
(b) A group of politicians from Kentucky and Tennessee
(c) Andrew Jackson's constituents from Kentucky and Tennessee.
(d) A group of investors led by Andrew Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won the presidential election in 1828?
2. With what political party was Abraham Lincoln associated in Illinois?
3. Which institution created by Alexander Hamilton did Thomas Jefferson allow to expire?
4. Why did Wendell Phillips advocate secession from the South?
5. Where did Woodrow Wilson train to be a politician?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)