|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Franklin D. Roosevelt: The Patrician as Opportunist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which controversial group is William Jennings Bryan associated?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan.
(b) The Federalists.
(c) The Masons.
(d) The Nazi Party.
2. As president, which institution did Andrew Jackson allow to expire?
(a) The Second Bank of the United States.
(b) The First Bank of the United States.
(c) The Bank of the Congress.
(d) The Bank of North America.
3. What conflict did Herbert Hoover have with Franklin D. Roosevelt?
(a) Roosevelt disagreed with Hoover's foreign policy.
(b) He argued with Roosevelt over foreign policy.
(c) He opposed Roosevelt's economic policies.
(d) They each blamed the other for the Depression.
4. What did John C. Calhoun believe capitalism would produce?
(a) Exploitation of the poor.
(b) A stronger economy.
(c) Survival of the fittest.
(d) Political power.
5. How did Wendell Phillips view the culture of the North?
(a) As a feudal civilization.
(b) As a bourgeois but moral society.
(c) As a playground for greedy capitalists.
(d) As the bulwark of modern society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous treaty was created at the end of World War I?
2. Which organization was credited for preserving European economies after World War I?
3. What criticism did Franklin Roosevelt have of Herbert Hoover while campaigning for president?
4. How did the Great Depression affect Herbert Hoover's political career?
5. How does Hofstadter describe abolitionism?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)