|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, William Jennings Bryan: The Democrat as Revivalist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern did Northern laborers have about slavery?
(a) Slavery was morally wrong.
(b) An increase in slave states would drive the price of goods up.
(c) They feared the rise of white slavery.
(d) They could not compete with free labor.
2. Where did Thomas Jefferson believe most of the government's power should lie?
(a) With industry owners.
(b) With merchants.
(c) With the elected leaders.
(d) With the people.
3. When did William Jennings Bryan resign from Woodrow Wilson's cabinet?
(a) After the Treaty of Versailles was signed.
(b) After the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.
(c) After the United States entered the war in 1917.
(d) After the Germans sank the Lusitania in 1915.
4. What physical changes occurred during the Gilded Age?
(a) Americans colonized the entire continent.
(b) The United States fought for and won Texas.
(c) Americans explored from the east coast to the Rocky Mountains.
(d) The South was revived by industry.
5. What type of balance were the Founders attempting to create?
(a) A document that supported both the people and their leaders.
(b) A government between monarchy and democracy.
(c) A nation that could run itself without dissolving into chaos.
(d) A peaceful, yet structured state.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what political party was Thomas Jefferson associated?
2. How did John C. Calhoun believe the North was attempting to gain political control over new states?
3. Which institution was responsible for loaning large sums of money in the 1820s?
4. As president, which institution did Andrew Jackson allow to expire?
5. Who were William Jennings Bryan's constituents?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)