Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what theatre was Abraham Lincoln shot?
2. What is ripped in two in the song by Miss Miss in "Pickling"?
3. What possession of Miss Miss' does she wonder what happened to in "Pickling"?
4. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy suggests that her son is hearing two sorts of echoes - of the sound connected with his father's life, and of what?
5. The hole in The America Play is described as an exact replica of what?
Discuss postmodernism in literature and the role of the "other," and analyze how these terms apply to "An Equation for Black People Onstage" and the philosophies of Suzan-Lori Parks.
Describe and analyze the principle characters in "Snails." What are the objectives and characteristics of each character?
Discuss ways in which African Americans in the past were blinded to or denied their own cultural identity. How does Parks depict this as African Americans attempting to fulfill a role created by white culture in "Pickling"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)