|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Lucy and her son watching on television in "G - The Great Beyond" of The America Play?
2. In "D - Echo" of The America Play, what was the line that triggered the laughter that covered Booth's advancing on Lincoln?
3. Who faces a forthcoming marriage in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
4. How are Charles' arms described in "Pickling"?
5. The hole in The America Play is described as an exact replica of what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of transformation in "Third Kingdom," "Open House" and "Third Kingdom, Reprise." How do these plays relate to the theme of identity?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the life and career of playwright Suzan-Lori Parks. When did Parks begin writing? What led her to the world of drama?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the relationship between Icarus and Mr. Sergeant Smith in "Greeks (or the Slugs)." In what ways are these tragic heroes similar?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)