|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed in chronological order?
2. Charles lived next door to whom in "Pickling"?
3. Who ran the finishing school where George graduated in "Devotees in the Garden of Love?
4. What word, used by George in "Devotees in the Garden of Love" means profound dedication or consecration?
5. What was a portable device used to execute criminals in communities where there was not a jail that could accommodate them?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the relationship between Icarus and Mr. Sergeant Smith in "Greeks (or the Slugs)." In what ways are these tragic heroes similar?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of transformation in "Third Kingdom," "Open House" and "Third Kingdom, Reprise." How do these plays relate to the theme of identity?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolic elements of The America Play and their relationship to one another. How does Abraham Lincoln correlate to the Great Hole of History? Why does the author choose to use this imagery?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)