|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," what name is used to refer to "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
2. When did Abraham Lincoln die?
3. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed out of chronological order?
4. What can be seen as a metaphoric representation of the essentially empty, idealized image of Lincoln inhabited and clung to by the Foundling Father and shot by the would-be assassins in The American Play?
5. What are the fighters battling for in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the life and career of playwright Suzan-Lori Parks. When did Parks begin writing? What led her to the world of drama?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the staging, setting, and imagery in "Betting on the Dust Commander." In past productions of the work, how is the set and lighting described? What notes does the playwright give?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the philosophies and techniques presented in "Possession" and "Elements of Style." What elements of form dictate content, according to the author?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)