|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conversation amongst the characters in the chorus of "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" refer to a time when?
2. What play was Abraham Lincoln watching when he was assassinated?
3. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Man tells Black Woman he's been accused of what?
4. The Lesser Known's new profession had little success until he began to offer people the opportunity to do what?
5. Who killed Abraham Lincoln?
Short Essay Questions
1. What symbols of violence are central in "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
2. What action takes place on stage as the Foundling Father gives his monologue in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
3. What is introduced in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
4. How does the objective of the Foundling Father relate to other protagonists in the collection?
5. What role does race play in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
6. What allusion is implied in the arrival of the winner's head, presented to George on a platter in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
7. What story does Brazil relate to the audience in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"?
8. What does the play on words of "Foundling Father" imply in The America Play?
9. Discuss the use of archetypes in "Devotees in the Garden of Love." How does this affect the characters' actions?
10. How does the term "pickling" apply to the play "Pickling"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the characters of Mr. and Mrs. Sergeant Smith in "Greeks (or the Slugs)." What is the overall objective of each character? What actions are taken in the first two scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the principle characters in "Snails." What are the objectives and characteristics of each character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the origins, history, and stylistic elements of radio dramas and analyze the character of Miss Miss in "Pickling." How many characters comprise the cast?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)