|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what theatre was Abraham Lincoln shot?
2. What is ripped in two in the song by Miss Miss in "Pickling"?
3. What possession of Miss Miss' does she wonder what happened to in "Pickling"?
4. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy suggests that her son is hearing two sorts of echoes - of the sound connected with his father's life, and of what?
5. The hole in The America Play is described as an exact replica of what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss postmodernism in literature and the role of the "other," and analyze how these terms apply to "An Equation for Black People Onstage" and the philosophies of Suzan-Lori Parks.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the staging, setting, and imagery in "Betting on the Dust Commander." In past productions of the work, how is the set and lighting described? What notes does the playwright give?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the relationship between Icarus and Mr. Sergeant Smith in "Greeks (or the Slugs)." In what ways are these tragic heroes similar?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)