|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who faces a forthcoming marriage in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
2. In "E - Spadework" of The America Play, Lucy finishes a game of naming what?
3. When does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
4. How are Charles' arms described in "Pickling"?
5. Lucy's son claims in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play that his father was a natural what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is evoked in the gunshots in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
2. What are Lucy and Brazil doing in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"? Where are they?
3. What conversation do Black Man and Black Woman share in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
4. How does Parks intertwine linear narrative and metaphor in The America Play?
5. What is Lucy's response when Brazil asks whether she hears his father in The America Play, "C - Archaeology"? What is his reply?
6. What is introduced in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
7. What action takes place on stage as the Foundling Father gives his monologue in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
8. What is described about Miss Miss's mother in "Pickling"?
9. What allusion is implied in the arrival of the winner's head, presented to George on a platter in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
10. What does the play on words of "Foundling Father" imply in The America Play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the themes, imagery, and symbolism in "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World." How does the symbolism reflect the theme of identity in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the origins, history, and stylistic elements of radio dramas and analyze the character of Miss Miss in "Pickling." How many characters comprise the cast?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the characters of Mare and Lucius in "Betting on the Dust Commander" as well as the literary element of repetition. What is the purpose of repetition in drama?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)