|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," the characters suggest that the black man moved his hands when the world was what?
2. How many characters are in "Pickling"?
3. When was Abraham Lincoln born?
4. Who is practicing French in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(b) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
5. Miss Miss describes in "Pickling" how attractive Charles looked in what?
(a) A suit.
(b) A muscle shirt.
(c) A towel.
(d) Swim trunks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possession of Miss Miss' does she wonder what happened to in "Pickling"?
2. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed out of chronological order?
3. The hole in The America Play is described as an exact replica of what?
4. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
5. What sound concludes "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lucy's response when Brazil asks whether she hears his father in The America Play, "C - Archaeology"? What is his reply?
2. What structural format does "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" follow?
3. In what ways does Madame Odelia Pandahr build suspense in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
4. How does the objective of the Foundling Father relate to other protagonists in the collection?
5. What are Lucy and Brazil doing in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"? Where are they?
6. What is suggested about Miss Miss's mother (and African Americans in the past) by her descriptions in "Pickling"?
7. How did the Lesser Known gain success in his impersonations, according to the Foundling Father in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
8. What is evoked in the gunshots in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
9. What symbols of violence are central in "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
10. Whose death is announced in "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)