|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the short song which Miss Miss opens "Pickling" about?
(a) Eating cake.
(b) Driving a car.
(c) Walking a dog.
(d) Wiping a man's brow.
2. What are the fighters battling for in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) George's love.
(b) Settlement of an old grudge.
(d) The right to rule.
3. What does the Foundling Father quote in "D - Echo" of The America Play" over recorded laughter and applause?
(a) The Ten Commandments.
(b) The Gettysburg Address.
(c) The Star Spangled Banner.
(d) The Inauguration Speech.
4. Charles lived next door to whom in "Pickling"?
(a) Miss Miss and her mother.
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) The High School Principal.
(d) The Pastor.
5. What play was Abraham Lincoln watching when he was assassinated?
(a) The Gladiator.
(b) Hedda Gabbler.
(c) A Doll's House.
(d) Our American Cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Charles' biceps described in "Pickling"?
2. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Woman recalls how much has changed since when?
3. Abraham Lincoln was which in the number of American Presidents?
4. In "Panel III: Thuh Lonesome 3Some" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Man reveals that after he died he was cut down from the tree and let go, since he wasn't what?
5. What does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the use of archetypes in "Devotees in the Garden of Love." How does this affect the characters' actions?
2. Whose death is announced in "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
3. What is described about Miss Miss's mother in "Pickling"?
4. What is evoked in the gunshots in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
5. With what song and memories does Miss Miss open the play "Pickling"?
6. What structural format does "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" follow?
7. How does the term "pickling" apply to the play "Pickling"?
8. In what ways does Madame Odelia Pandahr build suspense in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
9. What story does Brazil relate to the audience in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"?
10. What is introduced in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)