|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," the characters suggest that the black man moved his hands when the world was what?
2. What was the name of Abraham Lincoln's wife?
(a) Susan Martha Lincoln.
(b) Betty Laura Lincoln.
(c) Mary Todd Lincoln.
(d) Emily Carolyn Lincoln.
3. In "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play, the Foundling Father refers to Abraham Lincoln as what?
(a) "The Great Man."
(b) "The Wise Man."
(c) The Tall Man."
(d) The Courageous Man."
4. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Man tells Black Woman he's been accused of what?
5. When does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Lily and George related in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
2. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed out of chronological order?
3. What does Lucy's son claim his father used to visit when he was back east in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
4. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
5. Who is watching the battle in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Brazil relate to the audience in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"?
2. How are linear and stream-of-consciousness narratives juxtaposed in "Pickling"?
3. With what song and memories does Miss Miss open the play "Pickling"?
4. What conversation do Black Man and Black Woman share in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
5. What conversation do Lucy and Brazil share of the Lesser Known in The America Play, "E - Spadework"?
6. What symbols of violence are central in "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
7. In scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," how and what does Madame Odelia Pandahr describe?
8. What allusion is implied in the arrival of the winner's head, presented to George on a platter in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
9. What are Lucy and Brazil doing in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"? Where are they?
10. What central theme or moral statement emerges in the ending of "Pickling"?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)