|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madame Odelia Pandahr speaks in the manner of what in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) A little girl.
(b) A sports announcer.
(c) A judge.
(d) A news reporter.
2. What can be seen as a metaphoric representation of the essentially empty, idealized image of Lincoln inhabited and clung to by the Foundling Father and shot by the would-be assassins in The American Play?
(a) The casket.
(b) The bust of Lincoln.
(c) The grave site.
(d) The headstone.
3. What are the names of the two combatants in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Old Man and Young Man.
(b) Red Trunks and Black Trunks.
(c) ThisOne and ThatOne.
(d) Ugly and Handsome.
4. In "Panel V: In thuh Garden of Hoodoo It" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," what is Black Woman attempting to do?
(a) Feed Black Man.
(b) Wash Black Man.
(c) Love Black Man.
(d) Teach Black Man.
5. "Pickling" is what genre of drama?
(a) Stage play.
(b) Film script.
(c) Radio play.
(d) Television pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what theatre was Abraham Lincoln shot?
2. How are Charles' biceps described in "Pickling"?
3. In "Panel III: Thuh Lonesome 3Some" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Man reveals that after he died he was cut down from the tree and let go, since he wasn't what?
4. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Man tells Black Woman he's been accused of what?
5. Who speaks of Black Man's family history in "Panel IV: Second Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action takes place on stage as the Foundling Father gives his monologue in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
2. How are linear and stream-of-consciousness narratives juxtaposed in "Pickling"?
3. In scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," how and what does Madame Odelia Pandahr describe?
4. With what song and memories does Miss Miss open the play "Pickling"?
5. What is evoked in the gunshots in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
6. What allusion is implied in the arrival of the winner's head, presented to George on a platter in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
7. How did the Lesser Known gain success in his impersonations, according to the Foundling Father in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
8. What play does the Foundling Father introduce in The America Play, "B - Echo"? What takes place?
9. How does the term "pickling" apply to the play "Pickling"?
10. How does Parks intertwine linear narrative and metaphor in The America Play?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)