|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lesser Known's new profession had little success until he began to offer people the opportunity to do what?
(a) Learn about "The Great Man."
(b) Do something important.
(c) Reenact the assassination.
(d) Be a part of history.
2. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, a character comments that he can no longer endure the difficulties of his family history falling apart, and vows to do what?
(a) Record it.
(b) Run away.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Repair it.
3. What was a portable device used to execute criminals in communities where there was not a jail that could accommodate them?
(a) The end of time machine.
(b) Traveling electric chair.
(c) The grill and kill.
(d) Chariot of death.
4. What are the names of the two combatants in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Ugly and Handsome.
(b) Red Trunks and Black Trunks.
(c) Old Man and Young Man.
(d) ThisOne and ThatOne.
5. How many characters are in "Pickling"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," the characters suggest that the black man moved his hands when the world was what?
2. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
3. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy urges her son to keep digging, saying it's important to know the difference between "thuh real thing from thuh" what?
4. What does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
5. Who speaks of Black Man's family history in "Panel IV: Second Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the objective of the Foundling Father relate to other protagonists in the collection?
2. What symbols of violence are central in "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
3. What is evoked in the gunshots in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
4. Whose death is announced in "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
5. What is introduced in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
6. What play does the Foundling Father introduce in The America Play, "B - Echo"? What takes place?
7. What is described about Miss Miss's mother in "Pickling"?
8. What are Lily and George doing in the opening of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
9. What conversation do Lucy and Brazil share of the Lesser Known in The America Play, "E - Spadework"?
10. What is suggested about Miss Miss's mother (and African Americans in the past) by her descriptions in "Pickling"?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)