|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the valley renamed in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) The Valley of Hope.
(b) Miss George's Valley.
(c) Loser's Valley.
(d) The Valley of Despair.
2. In scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," who has been taking items from the hope chest?
(d) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
3. What is the short song which Miss Miss opens "Pickling" about?
(a) Walking a dog.
(b) Wiping a man's brow.
(c) Eating cake.
(d) Driving a car.
4. In scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," what is Lily looking through?
(a) A camera.
(c) A wooden frame.
5. Miss Miss describes in "Pickling" how Charles once did what?
(a) Tried to kill her.
(b) Married her daughter.
(c) Saved her life.
(d) Married her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Man tells Black Woman he's been accused of what?
2. What did Miss Miss keep preserved of her mother's in "Pickling"?
3. What was a portable device used to execute criminals in communities where there was not a jail that could accommodate them?
4. What word, used by George in "Devotees in the Garden of Love" means profound dedication or consecration?
5. What does Lucy's son say his father taught him before he left in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what song and memories does Miss Miss open the play "Pickling"?
2. What is suggested about Miss Miss's mother (and African Americans in the past) by her descriptions in "Pickling"?
3. What structural format does "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" follow?
4. What action takes place on stage as the Foundling Father gives his monologue in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
5. What has happened to Black Man in "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," "Panel III: Thuh Lonesome 3Some"?
6. How does the objective of the Foundling Father relate to other protagonists in the collection?
7. Whose death is announced in "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
8. In what ways does Madame Odelia Pandahr build suspense in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
9. How does the term "pickling" apply to the play "Pickling"?
10. What conversation do Lucy and Brazil share of the Lesser Known in The America Play, "E - Spadework"?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)