|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Madame Odelia Pandahr states that the one word to describe the reason for the battle is what?
2. In "Final Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," characters interject the comment that "the page" is both what?
(a) "Plottin' and rottin'."
(b) "Burnin" and "turnin'."
(c) "Thrivin and jivin'."
(d) "Brewin' and stewin'."
3. What is ripped in two in the song by Miss Miss in "Pickling"?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A letter.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A flower.
4. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy's son comments that the hole they're digging is, in fact, what?
(a) Their curse.
(b) Their salvation.
(c) Their duty.
(d) Their inheritance.
5. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Andrew Johnson.
(b) Franklin Pierce.
(c) James Buchanan.
(d) Ulysses S. Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed out of chronological order?
2. Who speaks of Black Man's family history in "Panel IV: Second Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
3. What was the valley renamed in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
4. What word means to put to death, especially by hanging, by mob action and without legal authority?
5. The Lesser Known left his family to pursue an occupation as what in The America Play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are linear and stream-of-consciousness narratives juxtaposed in "Pickling"?
2. What central theme or moral statement emerges in the ending of "Pickling"?
3. Discuss the use of archetypes in "Devotees in the Garden of Love." How does this affect the characters' actions?
4. In scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," how and what does Madame Odelia Pandahr describe?
5. What is introduced in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
6. What are Lucy and Brazil doing in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"? Where are they?
7. What does the play on words of "Foundling Father" imply in The America Play?
8. What is Lucy's response when Brazil asks whether she hears his father in The America Play, "C - Archaeology"? What is his reply?
9. What conversation do Black Man and Black Woman share in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
10. Whose death is announced in "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)