|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucy's son claims in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play that his father was a natural what?
2. Who is practicing French in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(d) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
3. What does Miss Miss recall her mother doing with her hair in "Pickling"?
(a) Brushing it.
(b) Brainding it.
(c) Dying it.
(d) Cutting it.
4. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," the characters refer to when the man who did what while falling?
(b) Burst into flames.
(d) Turned into a bird.
5. What are Lucy and her son watching on television in "G - The Great Beyond" of The America Play?
(a) "The Lincoln Act."
(b) "True Heroes."
(c) "Sweet Freedom."
(d) "Slaves No More."
Short Answer Questions
1. In scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," what is Lily looking through?
2. What was the name of Abraham Lincoln's wife?
3. What was the valley renamed in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
4. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy's son comments that the hole they're digging is, in fact, what?
5. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy suggests that her son is hearing two sorts of echoes - of the sound connected with his father's life, and of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the objective of the Foundling Father relate to other protagonists in the collection?
2. What role does race play in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
3. What symbols of violence are central in "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
4. What is described about Miss Miss's mother in "Pickling"?
5. What does the play on words of "Foundling Father" imply in The America Play?
6. What allusion is implied in the arrival of the winner's head, presented to George on a platter in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
7. What are Lucy and Brazil doing in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"? Where are they?
8. How are linear and stream-of-consciousness narratives juxtaposed in "Pickling"?
9. What is suggested about Miss Miss's mother (and African Americans in the past) by her descriptions in "Pickling"?
10. Whose death is announced in "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)