|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ran the finishing school where George graduated in "Devotees in the Garden of Love?
(d) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
2. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy's son claims that if they could just find what, they would know the truth?
(b) His father's bones.
(c) The killer.
3. What was injured on Black Man when he escaped execution in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
(a) His hands.
(b) His arms.
(c) His legs.
(d) His feet.
4. How many characters are in "Pickling"?
5. Charles lived next door to whom in "Pickling"?
(a) The Pastor.
(b) The High School Principal.
(c) Miss Miss and her mother.
(d) The Sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. The implied occupation of the Lesser Known in the beginning of The America Play was what?
2. What sound concludes "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play?
3. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," the characters refer to when the man who did what while falling?
4. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed out of chronological order?
5. What does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the use of archetypes in "Devotees in the Garden of Love." How does this affect the characters' actions?
2. How does the term "pickling" apply to the play "Pickling"?
3. What is Lucy's response when Brazil asks whether she hears his father in The America Play, "C - Archaeology"? What is his reply?
4. What is described about Miss Miss's mother in "Pickling"?
5. How are linear and stream-of-consciousness narratives juxtaposed in "Pickling"?
6. What action takes place on stage as the Foundling Father gives his monologue in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
7. What play does the Foundling Father introduce in The America Play, "B - Echo"? What takes place?
8. What symbols of violence are central in "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
9. In scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," how and what does Madame Odelia Pandahr describe?
10. What are Lucy and Brazil doing in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"? Where are they?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)