|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Pickling" is what genre of drama?
(a) Radio play.
(b) Television pilot.
(c) Film script.
(d) Stage play.
2. How are Charles' arms described in "Pickling"?
3. What was the name of Abraham Lincoln's wife?
(a) Mary Todd Lincoln.
(b) Betty Laura Lincoln.
(c) Susan Martha Lincoln.
(d) Emily Carolyn Lincoln.
4. What does Lucy's son confess, weeping, in the end of "C - Archaeology" of The America Play?
(a) He lied to his father.
(b) His father mistreated him.
(c) He misses his father.
(d) He's glad his father is gone.
5. In scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Lily refers to how important it used to be for a bride to have what?
(a) A giant wedding.
(b) A white gown.
(c) A well-set table.
(d) Elaborate hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Panel V: In thuh Garden of Hoodoo It" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," what is Black Woman attempting to do?
2. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," who announces the death of "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
3. What is the short song which Miss Miss opens "Pickling" about?
4. Charles lived next door to whom in "Pickling"?
5. Miss Miss describes in "Pickling" how attractive Charles looked in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation do Black Man and Black Woman share in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
2. What role does race play in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
3. What central theme or moral statement emerges in the ending of "Pickling"?
4. What are Lily and George doing in the opening of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
5. What action takes place on stage as the Foundling Father gives his monologue in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
6. In what ways does Madame Odelia Pandahr build suspense in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
7. What is Lucy's response when Brazil asks whether she hears his father in The America Play, "C - Archaeology"? What is his reply?
8. What figures and characters are introduced by the Foundling Father in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
9. What is introduced in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
10. What structural format does "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" follow?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)