|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "D - Echo" of The America Play, what was the line that triggered the laughter that covered Booth's advancing on Lincoln?
(a) "Four score and seven years ago."
(b) "Bollocking old hag."
(c) "Sockdologizing old man-trap."
(d) "Panderizing old man-trap."
2. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy's son comments that the hole they're digging is, in fact, what?
(a) Their salvation.
(b) Their inheritance.
(c) Their curse.
(d) Their duty.
3. What did Miss Miss keep preserved of her mother's in "Pickling"?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her gums.
4. When was Abraham Lincoln born?
5. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed out of chronological order?
(a) Linear narrative.
(b) Postmodern narrative.
(c) Modernist narrative.
(d) Nonlinear narrative.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Miss describes in "Pickling" how Charles once did what?
2. The hole in The America Play is described as an exact replica of what?
3. Where was the location of the theatre in which Abraham Lincoln was shot?
4. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," the characters suggest that the black man moved his hands when the world was what?
5. The implied occupation of the Lesser Known in the beginning of The America Play was what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What play does the Foundling Father introduce in The America Play, "B - Echo"? What takes place?
2. What is introduced in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
3. In what ways does Madame Odelia Pandahr build suspense in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
4. How does the objective of the Foundling Father relate to other protagonists in the collection?
5. What is evoked in the gunshots in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
6. How does the term "pickling" apply to the play "Pickling"?
7. What structural format does "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" follow?
8. What story does Brazil relate to the audience in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"?
9. What does the play on words of "Foundling Father" imply in The America Play?
10. What is described about Miss Miss's mother in "Pickling"?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)