|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy's son comments that the hole they're digging is, in fact, what?
(a) Their inheritance.
(b) Their salvation.
(c) Their duty.
(d) Their curse.
2. Miss Miss describes in "Pickling" how Charles once did what?
(a) Married her mother.
(b) Saved her life.
(c) Married her daughter.
(d) Tried to kill her.
3. What name does George state she would rather have been called in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
4. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
(a) James Buchanan.
(b) Franklin Pierce.
(c) Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) Andrew Johnson.
5. What sound concludes "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play?
(a) A scream.
(b) A door closing.
(d) A gunshot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Panel V: In thuh Garden of Hoodoo It" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," what is Black Woman attempting to do?
2. What is the short song which Miss Miss opens "Pickling" about?
3. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Woman recalls how much has changed since when?
4. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, a character comments that he can no longer endure the difficulties of his family history falling apart, and vows to do what?
5. The Lesser Known left his family to pursue an occupation as what in The America Play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What allusion is implied in the arrival of the winner's head, presented to George on a platter in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
2. Discuss the use of archetypes in "Devotees in the Garden of Love." How does this affect the characters' actions?
3. What are Lily and George doing in the opening of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
4. What play does the Foundling Father introduce in The America Play, "B - Echo"? What takes place?
5. What is introduced in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
6. What action takes place on stage as the Foundling Father gives his monologue in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
7. What is suggested about Miss Miss's mother (and African Americans in the past) by her descriptions in "Pickling"?
8. What role does race play in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
9. How does Parks intertwine linear narrative and metaphor in The America Play?
10. In scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," how and what does Madame Odelia Pandahr describe?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)