|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Woman recalls how much has changed since when?
(a) Black Man was born.
(b) She was young.
(c) They got married.
(d) Black Man sat in his chair.
2. Madame Odelia Pandahr speaks in the manner of what in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) A judge.
(b) A news reporter.
(c) A little girl.
(d) A sports announcer.
3. Charles lived next door to whom in "Pickling"?
(a) The High School Principal.
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) The Pastor.
(d) Miss Miss and her mother.
4. What possession of Miss Miss' does she wonder what happened to in "Pickling"?
(a) Her coffin.
(b) Her coat.
(c) Her ice-box.
(d) Her convertable.
5. What does Lucy's son claim his father used to visit when he was back east in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) The original Great Hole of History.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) The Great Battlefields.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the valley renamed in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
2. "Pickling" is what genre of drama?
3. Who is watching the battle in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
4. What refers to that characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences?
5. The Lesser Known's new profession had little success until he began to offer people the opportunity to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What play does the Foundling Father introduce in The America Play, "B - Echo"? What takes place?
2. What has happened to Black Man in "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," "Panel III: Thuh Lonesome 3Some"?
3. What conversation do Lucy and Brazil share of the Lesser Known in The America Play, "E - Spadework"?
4. How did the Lesser Known gain success in his impersonations, according to the Foundling Father in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
5. In scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," how and what does Madame Odelia Pandahr describe?
6. Whose death is announced in "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
7. What central theme or moral statement emerges in the ending of "Pickling"?
8. What structural format does "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" follow?
9. What are Lily and George doing in the opening of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
10. What story does Brazil relate to the audience in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)