|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Woman recalls how much has changed since when?
(a) They got married.
(b) Black Man was born.
(c) She was young.
(d) Black Man sat in his chair.
2. What is the name of Lucy's son in The America Play?
3. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy suggests that her son is hearing two sorts of echoes - of the sound connected with his father's life, and of what?
(a) His death.
(b) The words.
(c) The images.
(d) His ideas.
4. The Lesser Known left his family to pursue an occupation as what in The America Play?
(a) A railroad conductor.
(b) A musician.
(c) An engineer.
(d) An Abraham Lincoln impersonator.
5. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," who announces the death of "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A broadcaster.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Man tells Black Woman he's been accused of what?
2. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
3. How are Lily and George related in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
4. What play was Abraham Lincoln watching when he was assassinated?
5. In "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play, the Foundling Father refers to Abraham Lincoln as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What structural format does "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" follow?
2. What story does Brazil relate to the audience in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"?
3. What is suggested about Miss Miss's mother (and African Americans in the past) by her descriptions in "Pickling"?
4. What action takes place on stage as the Foundling Father gives his monologue in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
5. What is described about Miss Miss's mother in "Pickling"?
6. What are Lucy and Brazil doing in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"? Where are they?
7. What is Lucy's response when Brazil asks whether she hears his father in The America Play, "C - Archaeology"? What is his reply?
8. In scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," how and what does Madame Odelia Pandahr describe?
9. How does Parks intertwine linear narrative and metaphor in The America Play?
10. What play does the Foundling Father introduce in The America Play, "B - Echo"? What takes place?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)