|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)," Mr. Sergeant Smith uses a simile to describe hiding like what?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A frog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A snail.
2. In her opening essays, what does Parks define as "the holding or having of something of one's own"?
3. Lucius describes being known for wearing the same of what every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Cowboy hat.
(b) Leather jacket.
(c) White boots.
(d) Bermuda shorts.
4. What is broken on the attire of Lucius in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) A button is missing.
(b) His shoelace is broken.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His zipper.
5. Who works with Aretha on the calculations for how many slaves can fit in the bottom of a transport ship in scene "B" of "Open House"?
(d) Miss Faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Sergeant Smith doing in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
2. What refers to a hypersensitivity to a substance that causes the body to react to any contact with that substance?
3. For what play did Parks receive the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
4. Who worries that her father doesn't like her in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
5. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What image does Mr. Sergeant Smith project in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
2. What is the central premise of the essay "Possession"? What play was inspired by a dream?
3. What imagery opens the play "Open House"? What characters are present?
4. Who are the characters and what do they reveal in the play "Third Kingdom"?
5. What objectives do Mrs. Smith and Buffy reveal in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
6. What stylistic techniques does Parks describe using in her works in "Elements of Style"?
7. What metaphor is central in the play "Open House"?
8. What action takes place between Lucius and Mare in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
9. Who does the Naturalist describe as needing help in scene "D" of "Snails"?
10. How does the theme of assimilation manifest in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)