|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows Blanca and Anglor through an apartment in scene "F" of "Open House"?
(a) Miss Faith.
2. What is the name of the exterminator Charlene intends to call in "C" of "Snails"?
3. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
4. In scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)," Mr. Sergeant Smith uses a simile to describe hiding like what?
(a) A frog.
(b) A snake.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A snail.
5. Lucius describes being known for wearing the same of what every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Bermuda shorts.
(b) Cowboy hat.
(c) White boots.
(d) Leather jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do the Smiths have in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
2. When did the Thirteenth Amendment abolish slavery?
3. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare complains that Lucius is always going where?
4. What does Mr. Sergeant Smith refer to as a promotion in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
5. Who worries that her father doesn't like her in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What imagery opens the play "Open House"? What characters are present?
2. What apparatus does the Naturalist describe in scene "B" of "Snails"?
3. What proposition does Lucius present in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"? What did a woman at church criticize him for?
4. What metaphoric statement is made through repetition in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
5. What imagined encounter does Aretha experience in "C" of "Open House"?
6. In what ways does Parks leave metaphorical interpretation to the audience in "Snails"?
7. Who are the characters and what do they reveal in the play "Third Kingdom"?
8. Who does the Naturalist describe as needing help in scene "D" of "Snails"?
9. What does the cockroach represent in "Snails"?
10. What is the central premise of the essay "Possession"? What play was inspired by a dream?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)