|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aretha is told she has what in scene "C" of "Open House"?
2. Where was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
(a) St. Louis, Missouri.
(b) Fort Knox, Kentucky.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) Springfield, Illinois.
3. When was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
4. What refers to a hypersensitivity to a substance that causes the body to react to any contact with that substance?
5. Who is worried about how to take care of the dresses of her two dolls in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an art form that generally refers to movement of the body, usually rhythmic and to music, used as a form of expression or presented in a spiritual or performance setting?
2. What is Veronica's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
3. What does Mrs. Smith ask her children if they'd like in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
4. Lucius tells Mare in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander" that she doesn't pay attention to the little things, comparing them to what?
5. Who prepares to extract Aretha's teeth in scene "D" of "Open House"?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what subjects and themes is Suzan-Lori Parks well-known?
2. What metaphor is central in the play "Open House"?
3. What proposition does Lucius present in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"? What did a woman at church criticize him for?
4. What is the central premise of the essay "Possession"? What play was inspired by a dream?
5. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage," what does Parks urge the reader to reconsider?
6. What image does Mr. Sergeant Smith project in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
7. Who does the Naturalist describe as needing help in scene "D" of "Snails"?
8. What metaphoric statement is made through repetition in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
9. What news does Molly relate in scene "A" of "Snails"? Who does Charlene describe in the scene?
10. In what way did Mr. Sergeant Smith receive his greatest wish in "G" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)