|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" reveal aspects of their dreams, many of which refer to what?
(a) An other Self.
(b) Secret obsessions.
(c) Their reality.
(d) Past failures.
2. How many children do the Smiths have in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
3. What refers to the discovery, collection, organization, and presentation of information about past events?
4. What is the speaker at the podium referred to as in scene "B" of "Snails"?
(a) An Optometrist.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A Naturalist.
(d) The mayor.
5. Aretha is questioned about her marital status to whom in scene "C" of "Open House"?
(a) Charles Saxon.
(b) Steven Charles.
(c) John Saxon.
(d) John Stevens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Sergeant Smith doing in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
2. In "Elements of Style," Parks incorporates diagrams illustrating how some of her works function as what?
3. To whom does Mr. Sergeant Smith address a letter in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
4. What term refers to a vacation or leave of absence granted to an enlisted person?
5. What does Mrs. Smith ask Buffy to keep clean in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the objective of the Foundling Father relate to other protagonists in the collection?
2. Who are the characters and what do they reveal in the play "Third Kingdom"?
3. What are Lily and George doing in the opening of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
4. What are Lucy and Brazil doing in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"? Where are they?
5. What is evoked in the gunshots in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
6. What opening statement defines the essay "An Equation for Black People Onstage"? What does Parks' mean with the statement?
7. How are linear and stream-of-consciousness narratives juxtaposed in "Pickling"?
8. What is the central premise of the essay "Possession"? What play was inspired by a dream?
9. What imagined encounter does Aretha experience in "C" of "Open House"?
10. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage," what does Parks urge the reader to reconsider?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)