|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aretha urge to smile in scene "A" of "Open House"?
(b) Blanca and Anglor.
(c) Charles and Anglor.
(d) Charles and Blanca.
2. When did the Thirteenth Amendment abolish slavery?
3. Who shows Blanca and Anglor through an apartment in scene "F" of "Open House"?
(a) Miss Faith.
4. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare suggests that she and Lucius have children, as they have neither what?
(a) Language nor direction.
(b) Hate nor distrust.
(c) Claws nor fangs.
(d) Hair nor feathers.
5. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare complains that Lucius is always going where?
(a) To his friends house.
(b) To the bar.
(c) To the track.
(d) To the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Snail," scene "C," Molly announces her decision to not make a career out of what?
2. What is Molly's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
3. What term is used to refer to African American Vernacular English, asserting the independence of this from (standard) English?
4. In scene "F" of "Snails," a Robber enters the apartment and steals what?
5. Who is being observed by a cardboard cockroach in "Snails"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What objectives do Mrs. Smith and Buffy reveal in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
2. Who does the Naturalist describe as needing help in scene "D" of "Snails"?
3. What image does Mr. Sergeant Smith project in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
4. What imagery and sounds are depicted in the opening of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
5. In what ways does Parks leave metaphorical interpretation to the audience in "Snails"?
6. What opening statement defines the essay "An Equation for Black People Onstage"? What does Parks' mean with the statement?
7. What imagined encounter does Aretha experience in "C" of "Open House"?
8. How does the theme of assimilation manifest in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
9. What does Mr. Sergeant Smith write to his daughter in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
10. What metaphoric statement is made through repetition in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)