|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an art form that generally refers to movement of the body, usually rhythmic and to music, used as a form of expression or presented in a spiritual or performance setting?
2. In scene "B" of "Open House," Aretha speaks of God looking down on whom?
(b) Her and Charles.
(c) Miss Faith and Charles.
3. What word refers to that made conspicuous by excellence; noted; eminent; famous?
4. What is the name of the exterminator Charlene intends to call in "C" of "Snails"?
5. Who is the son of the master craftsman Daedalus in Greek mythology?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kisses Mr. Sergeant Smith's desk in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
2. When was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
3. What is Mr. Sergeant Smith doing in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
4. Where is Lucius planning to go in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
5. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Lucius tells Mare that his favorite horse is always what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What imagined encounter does Aretha experience in "C" of "Open House"?
2. How does the theme of assimilation manifest in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
3. What does Suzan-Lori Parks imply about African American youth in "Open House"?
4. How are different styles of language juxtaposed in scene "B" of "Open House"?
5. What is the relationship like between the younger and older Smiths in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"? How does this relate to other plays in the collection?
6. What apparatus does the Naturalist describe in scene "B" of "Snails"?
7. What does Lucius criticize Mare for doing improperly in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"? What is her criticism of him?
8. What news does Molly relate in scene "A" of "Snails"? Who does Charlene describe in the scene?
9. What metaphor is central in the play "Open House"?
10. What action takes place between Lucius and Mare in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)