|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlene's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
2. What is an art form that generally refers to movement of the body, usually rhythmic and to music, used as a form of expression or presented in a spiritual or performance setting?
3. What title of a play in the collection was derived from a phrase in a half-waking dream of the author's?
(a) "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World."
(b) "Devotees in the Garden of Love."
(d) "The America Play."
4. Who kisses Mr. Sergeant Smith's desk in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
5. Who shows Blanca and Anglor through an apartment in scene "F" of "Open House"?
(b) Miss Faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is worried about how to take care of the dresses of her two dolls in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
2. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Lucius tells Mare that his favorite horse is always what?
3. Who worries that her father doesn't like her in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
4. Who writes a letter to Mr. Sergeant Smith in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
5. Who does Lucius describe having criticized him for wearing the same clothes every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are different styles of language juxtaposed in scene "B" of "Open House"?
2. Who are the characters and what do they reveal in the play "Third Kingdom"?
3. For what subjects and themes is Suzan-Lori Parks well-known?
4. What does Parks relate about the contemporary theatre in "Elements of Style"?
5. What imagined encounter does Aretha experience in "C" of "Open House"?
6. What image does Mr. Sergeant Smith project in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
7. What is the relationship like between the younger and older Smiths in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"? How does this relate to other plays in the collection?
8. What objectives do Mrs. Smith and Buffy reveal in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
9. What does Suzan-Lori Parks imply about African American youth in "Open House"?
10. What apparatus does the Naturalist describe in scene "B" of "Snails"?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)