|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In scene "A" of "Snails," Molly insistently asks Charlene where what are?
(a) The want ads.
(b) Family photographs.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her shoes.
2. Who arrives looking for the person with the cockroach bites in scene "F" of "Snails"?
3. What does Mrs. Smith ask Buffy to keep clean in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Her dolls.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her father's desk.
(d) Her clothes.
4. What term refers to a vacation or leave of absence granted to an enlisted person?
5. Aretha is told she has what in scene "C" of "Open House"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that the use of language involves what?
2. Who prepares to extract Aretha's teeth in scene "D" of "Open House"?
3. What is broken on the attire of Lucius in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
4. When was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
5. Who is worried about how to take care of the dresses of her two dolls in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the central premise of the essay "Possession"? What play was inspired by a dream?
2. What image does Mr. Sergeant Smith project in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
3. What does Suzan-Lori Parks imply about African American youth in "Open House"?
4. What issues are discussed between Molly and Charlene in "C" of "Snails"?
5. What allusion is implied in the arrival of the winner's head, presented to George on a platter in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
6. How does the theme of assimilation manifest in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
7. What conversation do Black Man and Black Woman share in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
8. What story does Brazil relate to the audience in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"?
9. What stylistic techniques does Parks describe using in her works in "Elements of Style"?
10. What imagined encounter does Aretha experience in "C" of "Open House"?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)