|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In scene "F" of "Snails," a Robber enters the apartment and steals what?
(a) The cockroach.
(b) A purse.
(c) A vase.
(d) A painting.
2. In scene "B" of "Open House," Aretha speaks of God looking down on whom?
(b) Miss Faith and Charles.
(d) Her and Charles.
3. Who speaks of developing an unusual friendship with a robber who repeatedly came to her house in scene "A" of "Snails"?
4. Who is worried about how to take care of the dresses of her two dolls in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
5. Who kisses Mr. Sergeant Smith's desk in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(d) Mrs. Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aretha is told she has what in scene "C" of "Open House"?
2. What does Mr. Sergeant Smith refer to as a promotion in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
3. When did the Thirteenth Amendment abolish slavery?
4. What does Mare urge Lucius to do in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
5. Lucius tells Mare in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander" that she doesn't pay attention to the little things, comparing them to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What metaphoric statement is made through repetition in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
2. What action takes place between Lucius and Mare in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
3. What issues are discussed between Molly and Charlene in "C" of "Snails"?
4. For what subjects and themes is Suzan-Lori Parks well-known?
5. What does the cockroach represent in "Snails"?
6. How does the theme of assimilation manifest in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
7. What does Parks relate about the contemporary theatre in "Elements of Style"?
8. How are different styles of language juxtaposed in scene "B" of "Open House"?
9. What metaphor is central in the play "Open House"?
10. What imagery opens the play "Open House"? What characters are present?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)