|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lucius planning to go in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) The movies.
(b) A casino.
(c) The races.
(d) A bar.
2. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare suggests that she and Lucius have children, as they have neither what?
(a) Claws nor fangs.
(b) Hate nor distrust.
(c) Hair nor feathers.
(d) Language nor direction.
3. What does Mr. Sergeant Smith refer to as a promotion in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) An "Elevation."
(b) A "Bump up."
(c) A "Distinction."
(d) A "Mark of superiority."
4. In scene "B" of "Open House," Aretha speaks of God looking down on whom?
(a) Miss Faith and Charles.
(c) Her and Charles.
5. What word does Molly repeat on different occasions in scene "A" of "Snails"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an art form that generally refers to movement of the body, usually rhythmic and to music, used as a form of expression or presented in a spiritual or performance setting?
2. How many children do the Smiths have in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
3. What man does Aretha tell to be patient in scene "A" of "Open House"?
4. What "apparatus" used by scientists to disguise their presence so they can observe animals in their natural environment without being noticed is described in "B" of "Snails"?
5. What refers to the discovery, collection, organization, and presentation of information about past events?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship like between the younger and older Smiths in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"? How does this relate to other plays in the collection?
2. What objectives do Mrs. Smith and Buffy reveal in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
3. What metaphor is central in the play "Open House"?
4. Who are the characters and what do they reveal in the play "Third Kingdom"?
5. What metaphors can be discerned by Mare's name in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
6. What does Parks relate about the contemporary theatre in "Elements of Style"?
7. For what subjects and themes is Suzan-Lori Parks well-known?
8. What proposition does Lucius present in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"? What did a woman at church criticize him for?
9. What does Mr. Sergeant Smith write to his daughter in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
10. What apparatus does the Naturalist describe in scene "B" of "Snails"?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)