|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Snail," scene "C," Molly announces her decision to not make a career out of what?
(c) Being down and out.
2. What is an art form that generally refers to movement of the body, usually rhythmic and to music, used as a form of expression or presented in a spiritual or performance setting?
3. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that form defines what, and vice versa?
4. At the end of scene "C" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," what does Lucius ask Mare to say?
(a) "I'll miss you."
(b) "Bless you."
(c) "Good luck."
(d) "I love you."
5. What does Mare urge Lucius to do in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Mow the lawn.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Stay home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In scene "F" of "Snails," a Robber enters the apartment and steals what?
2. Who speaks of developing an unusual friendship with a robber who repeatedly came to her house in scene "A" of "Snails"?
3. What is the first of four short plays anthologized under the title "Imperceptible Mutabilities in the Third Kingdom"?
4. What word does Molly repeat on different occasions in scene "A" of "Snails"?
5. Where is Mr. Sergeant Smith in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Sergeant Smith write to his daughter in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
2. How are different styles of language juxtaposed in scene "B" of "Open House"?
3. What is the relationship like between the younger and older Smiths in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"? How does this relate to other plays in the collection?
4. What apparatus does the Naturalist describe in scene "B" of "Snails"?
5. What action takes place between Lucius and Mare in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
6. What does the cockroach represent in "Snails"?
7. What imagined encounter does Aretha experience in "C" of "Open House"?
8. How does the theme of assimilation manifest in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
9. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage," what does Parks urge the reader to reconsider?
10. What objectives do Mrs. Smith and Buffy reveal in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)