|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Smith ask her children if they'd like in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) A cat.
(b) A sister.
(c) A brother.
(d) A dog.
2. Who writes a letter to Mr. Sergeant Smith in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
3. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage," Parks calls for African-Americans "to show the world and ourselves our beautiful and powerfully" what?
(a) "Creative minds."
(b) "Interesting culture."
(c) "Infinite variety."
(d) "Accurate wisdom."
4. What word does Molly repeat on different occasions in scene "A" of "Snails"?
5. Aretha is questioned about her marital status to whom in scene "C" of "Open House"?
(a) John Saxon.
(b) Charles Saxon.
(c) John Stevens.
(d) Steven Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Sergeant Smith say he's been posted in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
2. What refers to a hypersensitivity to a substance that causes the body to react to any contact with that substance?
3. What term refers to a vacation or leave of absence granted to an enlisted person?
4. How many speakers are featured in the short play "Third Kingdom"?
5. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the Naturalist describe as needing help in scene "D" of "Snails"?
2. What does Parks relate about the contemporary theatre in "Elements of Style"?
3. How are different styles of language juxtaposed in scene "B" of "Open House"?
4. How does the theme of assimilation manifest in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
5. What image does Mr. Sergeant Smith project in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
6. What metaphoric statement is made through repetition in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
7. What does the cockroach represent in "Snails"?
8. In what ways does Parks leave metaphorical interpretation to the audience in "Snails"?
9. Who are the characters and what do they reveal in the play "Third Kingdom"?
10. What action takes place between Lucius and Mare in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)