|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Smith ask Buffy to keep clean in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Her dolls.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her father's desk.
2. What man does Aretha tell to be patient in scene "A" of "Open House"?
3. Who does Aretha urge to smile in scene "A" of "Open House"?
(a) Blanca and Anglor.
(b) Charles and Anglor.
(c) Charles and Blanca.
4. At the end of scene "C" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," what does Lucius ask Mare to say?
(a) "Bless you."
(b) "I love you."
(c) "I'll miss you."
(d) "Good luck."
5. In scene "A" of "Snails," Molly insistently asks Charlene where what are?
(a) Her dress.
(b) Family photographs.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) The want ads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kisses Mr. Sergeant Smith's desk in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
2. What horse does Lucius describe betting successfully on in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
3. Who is worried about how to take care of the dresses of her two dolls in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
4. Charles speaks to Aretha about the importance of what in scene "E" of "Open House"?
5. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is evoked in the gunshots in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
2. What imagery opens the play "Open House"? What characters are present?
3. What is the relationship like between the younger and older Smiths in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"? How does this relate to other plays in the collection?
4. How did the Lesser Known gain success in his impersonations, according to the Foundling Father in The America Play, "Act One: Lincoln Act"?
5. How does the objective of the Foundling Father relate to other protagonists in the collection?
6. What story does Brazil relate to the audience in The America Play, "A - Big Bang"?
7. Whose death is announced in "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
8. In what ways does Madame Odelia Pandahr build suspense in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
9. Who are the characters and what do they reveal in the play "Third Kingdom"?
10. What does Lucius criticize Mare for doing improperly in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"? What is her criticism of him?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)