|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage," Parks calls for African-Americans "to show the world and ourselves our beautiful and powerfully" what?
(a) "Creative minds."
(b) "Infinite variety."
(c) "Accurate wisdom."
(d) "Interesting culture."
2. Mrs. Smith explains to her children in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)" that their father's posting is how far away?
(a) 1,000 miles.
(b) An eight hour flight.
(c) Two states.
(d) An entire time zone.
3. Who hums in the background in scene "C" of "Open House"?
(b) Charles and Blanca.
(c) Blanca and Anglor.
4. Who is being observed by a cardboard cockroach in "Snails"?
(a) Molly and Charlene.
(b) Molly and Veronica.
(c) Chona and Vero.
(d) Veronica and Charlene.
5. When was the Emancipation Proclamation enacted?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of scene "C" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," what does Lucius ask Mare to say?
2. What horse does Lucius describe betting successfully on in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
3. What is shown onstage in the opening of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
4. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" reveal aspects of their dreams, many of which refer to what?
5. Who is the son of the master craftsman Daedalus in Greek mythology?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucius criticize Mare for doing improperly in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"? What is her criticism of him?
2. What proposition does Lucius present in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"? What did a woman at church criticize him for?
3. How does the term "pickling" apply to the play "Pickling"?
4. What objectives do Mrs. Smith and Buffy reveal in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
5. What role does race play in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
6. What metaphoric statement is made through repetition in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
7. What does the play on words of "Foundling Father" imply in The America Play?
8. What is Lucy's response when Brazil asks whether she hears his father in The America Play, "C - Archaeology"? What is his reply?
9. What issues are discussed between Molly and Charlene in "C" of "Snails"?
10. What is the relationship like between the younger and older Smiths in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"? How does this relate to other plays in the collection?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)