|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare complains that Lucius is always going where?
(a) To his friends house.
(b) To the track.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the bar.
2. Aretha recalls a conversation with a slave-master named what in scene "D" of "Open House"?
3. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare suggests that she and Lucius have children, as they have neither what?
(a) Claws nor fangs.
(b) Language nor direction.
(c) Hate nor distrust.
(d) Hair nor feathers.
4. Who worries that her father doesn't like her in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(d) Mrs. Smith.
5. How many children do the Smiths have in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
2. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" reveal aspects of their dreams, many of which refer to what?
3. What man does Aretha tell to be patient in scene "A" of "Open House"?
4. How many speakers are featured in the short play "Third Kingdom"?
5. When was the Emancipation Proclamation enacted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What imagery and sounds are depicted in the opening of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
2. What image does Mr. Sergeant Smith project in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
3. What apparatus does the Naturalist describe in scene "B" of "Snails"?
4. What news does Molly relate in scene "A" of "Snails"? Who does Charlene describe in the scene?
5. What issues are discussed between Molly and Charlene in "C" of "Snails"?
6. Who are the characters and what do they reveal in the play "Third Kingdom"?
7. Who does the Naturalist describe as needing help in scene "D" of "Snails"?
8. What is the central premise of the essay "Possession"? What play was inspired by a dream?
9. In what way did Mr. Sergeant Smith receive his greatest wish in "G" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
10. What metaphor is central in the play "Open House"?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)