|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Thirteenth Amendment abolish slavery?
2. What is Veronica's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
3. In "Elements of Style" Parks urges playwrights to find what in the lines of the characters?
4. What refers to a hypersensitivity to a substance that causes the body to react to any contact with that substance?
5. What is Mr. Sergeant Smith doing in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Posing for photographs.
(b) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Making a phonecall.
(d) Writing a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives looking for the person with the cockroach bites in scene "F" of "Snails"?
2. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
3. Who tells the others to line up and calls out "Land Ho!" in the ending of "Third Kingdom"?
4. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
5. Where is Mr. Sergeant Smith in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship like between the younger and older Smiths in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"? How does this relate to other plays in the collection?
2. What imagined encounter does Aretha experience in "C" of "Open House"?
3. What metaphoric statement is made through repetition in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
4. What does Mr. Sergeant Smith write to his daughter in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
5. What imagery opens the play "Open House"? What characters are present?
6. What action takes place between Lucius and Mare in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
7. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage," what does Parks urge the reader to reconsider?
8. What issues are discussed between Molly and Charlene in "C" of "Snails"?
9. What apparatus does the Naturalist describe in scene "B" of "Snails"?
10. What opening statement defines the essay "An Equation for Black People Onstage"? What does Parks' mean with the statement?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)