|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what theatre was Abraham Lincoln shot?
(a) The Chicago Theatre.
(b) Ford's Theatre.
(c) Abbey's Theater
(d) The Broadway Theatre.
2. What is ripped in two in the song by Miss Miss in "Pickling"?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A letter.
(c) A flower.
(d) A handkerchief.
3. What possession of Miss Miss' does she wonder what happened to in "Pickling"?
(a) Her coat.
(b) Her ice-box.
(c) Her convertable.
(d) Her coffin.
4. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy suggests that her son is hearing two sorts of echoes - of the sound connected with his father's life, and of what?
(a) His ideas.
(b) The words.
(c) The images.
(d) His death.
5. The hole in The America Play is described as an exact replica of what?
(a) "The Oval Office."
(b) "Ford's Theatre."
(c) "The Library of Congress."
(d) "The Great Hole of History."
6. The chorus in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" suggest who should listen to the story of what happened, write it down and preserve it?
(a) The youth.
(b) The men.
(c) The women.
(d) The elderly.
7. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," what name is used to refer to "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
(a) Albert Wilkins.
(b) Robert Jenkins.
(c) Gamble Major.
(d) William Jackson.
8. What is the short song which Miss Miss opens "Pickling" about?
(a) Walking a dog.
(b) Driving a car.
(c) Wiping a man's brow.
(d) Eating cake.
9. What does Lucy's son suddenly do when a gunshot is heard in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) Lays flat on the ground.
(b) Hides behind a tree.
(c) Jumps in the air.
(d) Pretends to fall dead.
10. What word means to put to death, especially by hanging, by mob action and without legal authority?
11. Lucy's son claims in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play that his father was a natural what?
12. What refers to that characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences?
(b) Abstract thinking.
13. When did Abraham Lincoln die?
14. What was the name of Abraham Lincoln's wife?
(a) Emily Carolyn Lincoln.
(b) Mary Todd Lincoln.
(c) Betty Laura Lincoln.
(d) Susan Martha Lincoln.
15. What did Miss Miss keep preserved of her mother's in "Pickling"?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her ears.
(c) Her gums.
(d) Her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," who announces the death of "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
2. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, a character comments that he can no longer endure the difficulties of his family history falling apart, and vows to do what?
3. When was "Pickling" first produced?
4. Where was the location of the theatre in which Abraham Lincoln was shot?
5. What are Lucy and her son watching on television in "G - The Great Beyond" of The America Play?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)