|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many characters are in "Pickling"?
2. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Woman recalls how much has changed since when?
(a) She was young.
(b) Black Man was born.
(c) They got married.
(d) Black Man sat in his chair.
3. What are the fighters battling for in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(b) Settlement of an old grudge.
(c) George's love.
(d) The right to rule.
4. What does Lucy's son say his father taught him before he left in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) How to be President.
(b) How to impersonate Lincoln.
(c) The difference between right and wrong.
(d) How to be a man.
5. Who faces a forthcoming marriage in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
6. In "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play, the Foundling Father refers to Abraham Lincoln as what?
(a) "The Great Man."
(b) "The Wise Man."
(c) The Tall Man."
(d) The Courageous Man."
7. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy's son claims that if they could just find what, they would know the truth?
(a) His father's bones.
(c) The killer.
8. What does the Foundling Father quote in "D - Echo" of The America Play" over recorded laughter and applause?
(a) The Inauguration Speech.
(b) The Star Spangled Banner.
(c) The Gettysburg Address.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
9. The Lesser Known's new profession had little success until he began to offer people the opportunity to do what?
(a) Do something important.
(b) Learn about "The Great Man."
(c) Be a part of history.
(d) Reenact the assassination.
10. In "D - Echo" of The America Play, what was the line that triggered the laughter that covered Booth's advancing on Lincoln?
(a) "Sockdologizing old man-trap."
(b) "Four score and seven years ago."
(c) "Bollocking old hag."
(d) "Panderizing old man-trap."
11. What can be seen as a metaphoric representation of the essentially empty, idealized image of Lincoln inhabited and clung to by the Foundling Father and shot by the would-be assassins in The American Play?
(a) The grave site.
(b) The bust of Lincoln.
(c) The casket.
(d) The headstone.
12. How are Charles' biceps described in "Pickling"?
13. What does George bring out for Lily's inspection in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) A hope chest.
(b) A book.
(c) A coin.
(d) A pair of pants.
14. In scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Lily refers to how important it used to be for a bride to have what?
(a) Elaborate hair.
(b) A giant wedding.
(c) A well-set table.
(d) A white gown.
15. "Pickling" is what genre of drama?
(a) Film script.
(b) Radio play.
(c) Television pilot.
(d) Stage play.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Panel V: In thuh Garden of Hoodoo It" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," what is Black Woman attempting to do?
2. In "Panel III: Thuh Lonesome 3Some" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Man reveals that after he died he was cut down from the tree and let go, since he wasn't what?
3. Conversation amongst the characters in the chorus of "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" refer to a time when?
4. Who ran the finishing school where George graduated in "Devotees in the Garden of Love?
5. Miss Miss describes in "Pickling" how Charles once did what?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)