|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" suggest who should listen to the story of what happened, write it down and preserve it?
(a) The women.
(b) The men.
(c) The elderly.
(d) The youth.
2. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed out of chronological order?
(a) Postmodern narrative.
(b) Linear narrative.
(c) Modernist narrative.
(d) Nonlinear narrative.
3. What does George bring out for Lily's inspection in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) A pair of pants.
(b) A coin.
(c) A book.
(d) A hope chest.
4. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," who announces the death of "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
(a) A broadcaster.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A priest.
5. The implied occupation of the Lesser Known in the beginning of The America Play was what?
6. The Lesser Known's new profession had little success until he began to offer people the opportunity to do what?
(a) Reenact the assassination.
(b) Do something important.
(c) Be a part of history.
(d) Learn about "The Great Man."
7. In "E - Spadework" of The America Play, Lucy finishes a game of naming what?
(d) State capitals.
8. In "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play, the Foundling Father refers to Abraham Lincoln as what?
(a) "The Great Man."
(b) The Tall Man."
(c) The Courageous Man."
(d) "The Wise Man."
9. What is ripped in two in the song by Miss Miss in "Pickling"?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A letter.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A flower.
10. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, a character comments that he can no longer endure the difficulties of his family history falling apart, and vows to do what?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Run away.
(c) Repair it.
(d) Record it.
11. Abraham Lincoln was which in the number of American Presidents?
12. Who appears to ask for more contributions in scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(d) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
13. What did Miss Miss keep preserved of her mother's in "Pickling"?
(a) Her gums.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her hand.
(d) Her ears.
14. What was a portable device used to execute criminals in communities where there was not a jail that could accommodate them?
(a) The end of time machine.
(b) Traveling electric chair.
(c) The grill and kill.
(d) Chariot of death.
15. What does Lucy's son say his father taught him before he left in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) How to be President.
(b) The difference between right and wrong.
(c) How to be a man.
(d) How to impersonate Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Final Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," characters interject the comment that "the page" is both what?
2. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, the Foundling Father introduces a scene from what play?
3. What sound concludes "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play?
4. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," what name is used to refer to "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
5. Who is practicing French in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)