|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Madame Odelia Pandahr states that the one word to describe the reason for the battle is what?
2. What is the short song which Miss Miss opens "Pickling" about?
(a) Eating cake.
(b) Walking a dog.
(c) Driving a car.
(d) Wiping a man's brow.
3. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," the characters refer to when the man who did what while falling?
(c) Turned into a bird.
(d) Burst into flames.
4. Conversation amongst the characters in the chorus of "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" refer to a time when?
(a) "Dinosaurs ruled."
(b) "Men were ignorant."
(c) "Kings lived in castles."
(d) "Before Columbus."
5. Madame Odelia Pandahr speaks in the manner of what in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) A sports announcer.
(b) A judge.
(c) A news reporter.
(d) A little girl.
6. What is ripped in two in the song by Miss Miss in "Pickling"?
(a) A letter.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A flower.
(d) A photograph.
7. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," how many floors do the characters say the man fell?
8. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy urges her son to keep digging, saying it's important to know the difference between "thuh real thing from thuh" what?
9. What are the names of the two combatants in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Old Man and Young Man.
(b) Ugly and Handsome.
(c) Red Trunks and Black Trunks.
(d) ThisOne and ThatOne.
10. What word refers to an infant or small child found abandoned; a child without a known parent or guardian?
11. What was a portable device used to execute criminals in communities where there was not a jail that could accommodate them?
(a) Traveling electric chair.
(b) The end of time machine.
(c) Chariot of death.
(d) The grill and kill.
12. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed in chronological order?
(a) Modernist narrative.
(b) Expositive narrative.
(c) Nonlinear narrative.
(d) Linear narrative.
13. The Lesser Known's new profession had little success until he began to offer people the opportunity to do what?
(a) Learn about "The Great Man."
(b) Be a part of history.
(c) Do something important.
(d) Reenact the assassination.
14. How are Charles' arms described in "Pickling"?
15. What does Lucy's son claim his father used to visit when he was back east in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) The Great Battlefields.
(b) The original Great Hole of History.
(c) The Supreme Court.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "E - Spadework" of The America Play, Lucy finishes a game of naming what?
2. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," the characters suggest that the black man moved his hands when the world was what?
3. Who ran the finishing school where George graduated in "Devotees in the Garden of Love?
4. What play was Abraham Lincoln watching when he was assassinated?
5. Abraham Lincoln was which in the number of American Presidents?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)