|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is practicing French in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(c) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
2. What was the valley renamed in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Miss George's Valley.
(b) The Valley of Hope.
(c) Loser's Valley.
(d) The Valley of Despair.
3. What was a portable device used to execute criminals in communities where there was not a jail that could accommodate them?
(a) The end of time machine.
(b) Traveling electric chair.
(c) Chariot of death.
(d) The grill and kill.
4. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Andrew Johnson.
(b) James Buchanan.
(c) Franklin Pierce.
(d) Ulysses S. Grant.
5. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," who announces the death of "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A broadcaster.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A priest.
6. What name does George state she would rather have been called in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
7. Who ran the finishing school where George graduated in "Devotees in the Garden of Love?
(d) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
8. Madame Odelia Pandahr speaks in the manner of what in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) A little girl.
(b) A judge.
(c) A sports announcer.
(d) A news reporter.
9. What refers to that characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences?
(a) Abstract thinking.
10. Charles lived next door to whom in "Pickling"?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) The High School Principal.
(c) Miss Miss and her mother.
(d) The Pastor.
11. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, a character comments that he can no longer endure the difficulties of his family history falling apart, and vows to do what?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Repair it.
(c) Run away.
(d) Record it.
12. What is the short song which Miss Miss opens "Pickling" about?
(a) Wiping a man's brow.
(b) Driving a car.
(c) Walking a dog.
(d) Eating cake.
13. When does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
14. Who have been given items from the hope chest in scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Lily and Patty.
(b) George and Lily.
(c) Patty and George.
(d) The combatants.
15. What did Miss Miss keep preserved of her mother's in "Pickling"?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her gums.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play, the Foundling Father refers to Abraham Lincoln as what?
2. What is the name of Lucy's son in The America Play?
3. In "E - Spadework" of The America Play, Lucy finishes a game of naming what?
4. What can be seen as a metaphoric representation of the essentially empty, idealized image of Lincoln inhabited and clung to by the Foundling Father and shot by the would-be assassins in The American Play?
5. What play was Abraham Lincoln watching when he was assassinated?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)