|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who have been given items from the hope chest in scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Patty and George.
(b) The combatants.
(c) George and Lily.
(d) Lily and Patty.
2. What was a portable device used to execute criminals in communities where there was not a jail that could accommodate them?
(a) Chariot of death.
(b) The end of time machine.
(c) Traveling electric chair.
(d) The grill and kill.
3. In scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," what is Lily looking through?
(a) A wooden frame.
(b) A camera.
4. What does Lucy's son say his father taught him before he left in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) How to be a man.
(b) How to be President.
(c) The difference between right and wrong.
(d) How to impersonate Lincoln.
5. What refers to that characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences?
(a) Abstract thinking.
6. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy suggests that her son is hearing two sorts of echoes - of the sound connected with his father's life, and of what?
(a) His ideas.
(b) His death.
(c) The words.
(d) The images.
7. Charles lived next door to whom in "Pickling"?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) Miss Miss and her mother.
(c) The High School Principal.
(d) The Pastor.
8. Miss Miss describes in "Pickling" how attractive Charles looked in what?
(a) A towel.
(b) A suit.
(c) Swim trunks.
(d) A muscle shirt.
9. What can be seen as a metaphoric representation of the essentially empty, idealized image of Lincoln inhabited and clung to by the Foundling Father and shot by the would-be assassins in The American Play?
(a) The casket.
(b) The bust of Lincoln.
(c) The headstone.
(d) The grave site.
10. What sound concludes "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A door closing.
(c) A scream.
11. Where was the location of the theatre in which Abraham Lincoln was shot?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York.
12. In scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Madame Odelia Pandahr states that the one word to describe the reason for the battle is what?
13. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Woman recalls how much has changed since when?
(a) Black Man sat in his chair.
(b) They got married.
(c) Black Man was born.
(d) She was young.
14. Who appears to ask for more contributions in scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
15. What does Miss Miss recall her mother doing with her hair in "Pickling"?
(a) Brainding it.
(b) Cutting it.
(c) Brushing it.
(d) Dying it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was injured on Black Man when he escaped execution in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
2. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed in chronological order?
3. In "D - Echo" of The America Play, what was the line that triggered the laughter that covered Booth's advancing on Lincoln?
4. Who is practicing French in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
5. What does Lucy's son suddenly do when a gunshot is heard in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)