|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who faces a forthcoming marriage in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(b) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
2. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, the Foundling Father introduces a scene from what play?
(a) A Dolls House.
(b) Our American Cousin.
(c) Spring Awakening.
(d) The Mikado.
3. What is the short song which Miss Miss opens "Pickling" about?
(a) Walking a dog.
(b) Driving a car.
(c) Wiping a man's brow.
(d) Eating cake.
4. What refers to that characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences?
(a) Abstract thinking.
5. In scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Lily refers to how important it used to be for a bride to have what?
(a) A well-set table.
(b) A giant wedding.
(c) Elaborate hair.
(d) A white gown.
6. Who is watching the battle in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) George and Lily.
(b) George and Madame Odelia Pandahr.
(d) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
7. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy's son explains how his father came where?
(a) Out West.
(b) Back East.
(c) Up North.
(d) Down South.
8. When does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
9. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy suggests that her son is hearing two sorts of echoes - of the sound connected with his father's life, and of what?
(a) His death.
(b) The images.
(c) His ideas.
(d) The words.
10. In "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play, the Foundling Father refers to Abraham Lincoln as what?
(a) The Courageous Man."
(b) The Tall Man."
(c) "The Great Man."
(d) "The Wise Man."
11. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed in chronological order?
(a) Nonlinear narrative.
(b) Expositive narrative.
(c) Linear narrative.
(d) Modernist narrative.
12. What is ripped in two in the song by Miss Miss in "Pickling"?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A flower.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A letter.
13. What does Lucy's son confess, weeping, in the end of "C - Archaeology" of The America Play?
(a) He lied to his father.
(b) He's glad his father is gone.
(c) His father mistreated him.
(d) He misses his father.
14. What does the Foundling Father quote in "D - Echo" of The America Play" over recorded laughter and applause?
(a) The Ten Commandments.
(b) The Inauguration Speech.
(c) The Gettysburg Address.
(d) The Star Spangled Banner.
15. The chorus in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" suggest who should listen to the story of what happened, write it down and preserve it?
(a) The women.
(b) The elderly.
(c) The men.
(d) The youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Final Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," characters interject the comment that "the page" is both what?
2. What does Miss Miss recall her mother doing with her hair in "Pickling"?
3. What was a portable device used to execute criminals in communities where there was not a jail that could accommodate them?
4. Madame Odelia Pandahr speaks in the manner of what in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
5. What are the fighters battling for in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)