|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," what name is used to refer to "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
(a) Gamble Major.
(b) Albert Wilkins.
(c) Robert Jenkins.
(d) William Jackson.
2. The chorus in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" suggest who should listen to the story of what happened, write it down and preserve it?
(a) The men.
(b) The youth.
(c) The elderly.
(d) The women.
3. Who have been given items from the hope chest in scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) George and Lily.
(b) The combatants.
(c) Lily and Patty.
(d) Patty and George.
4. What does Lucy's son say his father taught him before he left in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) How to be a man.
(b) How to be President.
(c) The difference between right and wrong.
(d) How to impersonate Lincoln.
5. What does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
6. In "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play, the Foundling Father refers to Abraham Lincoln as what?
(a) The Courageous Man."
(b) The Tall Man."
(c) "The Wise Man."
(d) "The Great Man."
7. The Lesser Known left his family to pursue an occupation as what in The America Play?
(a) An Abraham Lincoln impersonator.
(b) A railroad conductor.
(c) A musician.
(d) An engineer.
8. What was the name of Abraham Lincoln's wife?
(a) Susan Martha Lincoln.
(b) Mary Todd Lincoln.
(c) Emily Carolyn Lincoln.
(d) Betty Laura Lincoln.
9. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," who announces the death of "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A priest.
(d) A broadcaster.
10. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
(a) James Buchanan.
(b) Franklin Pierce.
(c) Andrew Johnson.
(d) Ulysses S. Grant.
11. What are Lucy and her son watching on television in "G - The Great Beyond" of The America Play?
(a) "The Lincoln Act."
(b) "True Heroes."
(c) "Sweet Freedom."
(d) "Slaves No More."
12. The implied occupation of the Lesser Known in the beginning of The America Play was what?
13. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, a character comments that he can no longer endure the difficulties of his family history falling apart, and vows to do what?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Record it.
(c) Run away.
(d) Repair it.
14. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy's son explains how his father came where?
(a) Out West.
(b) Back East.
(c) Up North.
(d) Down South.
15. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy suggests that her son is hearing two sorts of echoes - of the sound connected with his father's life, and of what?
(a) The words.
(b) His ideas.
(c) His death.
(d) The images.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "D - Echo" of The America Play, what was the line that triggered the laughter that covered Booth's advancing on Lincoln?
2. What refers to that characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences?
3. What does one of the characters call out to be taken off him in "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
4. What does Lucy's son confess, weeping, in the end of "C - Archaeology" of The America Play?
5. The hole in The America Play is described as an exact replica of what?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)