|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lesser Known's new profession had little success until he began to offer people the opportunity to do what?
(a) Learn about "The Great Man."
(b) Be a part of history.
(c) Do something important.
(d) Reenact the assassination.
2. Abraham Lincoln was which in the number of American Presidents?
3. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed in chronological order?
(a) Nonlinear narrative.
(b) Modernist narrative.
(c) Linear narrative.
(d) Expositive narrative.
4. What does Lucy's son confess, weeping, in the end of "C - Archaeology" of The America Play?
(a) He's glad his father is gone.
(b) He lied to his father.
(c) He misses his father.
(d) His father mistreated him.
5. What are the names of the two combatants in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Ugly and Handsome.
(b) ThisOne and ThatOne.
(c) Red Trunks and Black Trunks.
(d) Old Man and Young Man.
6. Who is practicing French in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(d) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
7. In "E - Spadework" of The America Play, Lucy finishes a game of naming what?
(a) State capitals.
8. Who have been given items from the hope chest in scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) The combatants.
(b) Lily and Patty.
(c) George and Lily.
(d) Patty and George.
9. How are Charles' arms described in "Pickling"?
10. What word, used by George in "Devotees in the Garden of Love" means profound dedication or consecration?
11. Who killed Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Mark David Chapman.
(b) John Wilkes Booth.
(c) Robert E. Lee.
(d) John Hinckley, Jr.
12. The implied occupation of the Lesser Known in the beginning of The America Play was what?
13. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy suggests that her son is hearing two sorts of echoes - of the sound connected with his father's life, and of what?
(a) The words.
(b) His death.
(c) The images.
(d) His ideas.
14. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," how many floors do the characters say the man fell?
15. In "Panel III: Thuh Lonesome 3Some" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Man reveals that after he died he was cut down from the tree and let go, since he wasn't what?
(a) Needed anymore.
(b) A fugitive.
(c) A threat.
(d) Breathing anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," who announces the death of "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
2. The chorus in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" suggest who should listen to the story of what happened, write it down and preserve it?
3. What are Lucy and her son watching on television in "G - The Great Beyond" of The America Play?
4. What refers to that characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences?
5. What can be seen as a metaphoric representation of the essentially empty, idealized image of Lincoln inhabited and clung to by the Foundling Father and shot by the would-be assassins in The American Play?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)