|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the valley renamed in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) The Valley of Despair.
(b) The Valley of Hope.
(c) Loser's Valley.
(d) Miss George's Valley.
2. What does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
3. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Franklin Pierce.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) Andrew Johnson.
(d) James Buchanan.
4. What refers to that characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences?
(b) Abstract thinking.
5. What does Black Man want Black Woman to dig in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
(a) A tunnel.
(b) A rose garden.
(c) A mass grave.
(d) A hole of history.
6. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," what name is used to refer to "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
(a) Robert Jenkins.
(b) William Jackson.
(c) Gamble Major.
(d) Albert Wilkins.
7. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," how many floors do the characters say the man fell?
8. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy's son explains how his father came where?
(a) Down South.
(b) Up North.
(c) Back East.
(d) Out West.
9. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, a character comments that he can no longer endure the difficulties of his family history falling apart, and vows to do what?
(a) Run away.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Record it.
(d) Repair it.
10. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy's son claims that if they could just find what, they would know the truth?
(b) His father's bones.
(c) The killer.
11. What play was Abraham Lincoln watching when he was assassinated?
(a) A Doll's House.
(b) Hedda Gabbler.
(c) Our American Cousin.
(d) The Gladiator.
12. Who have been given items from the hope chest in scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Patty and George.
(b) George and Lily.
(c) Lily and Patty.
(d) The combatants.
13. In "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play, the Foundling Father refers to Abraham Lincoln as what?
(a) The Courageous Man."
(b) "The Great Man."
(c) "The Wise Man."
(d) The Tall Man."
14. Who speaks of Black Man's family history in "Panel IV: Second Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
15. What does one of the characters call out to be taken off him in "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the fighters battling for in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
2. How are Charles' arms described in "Pickling"?
3. Who ran the finishing school where George graduated in "Devotees in the Garden of Love?
4. In "Panel V: In thuh Garden of Hoodoo It" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," what is Black Woman attempting to do?
5. Lucy's son claims in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play that his father was a natural what?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)