|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abraham Lincoln was which in the number of American Presidents?
2. In "D - Echo" of The America Play, what was the line that triggered the laughter that covered Booth's advancing on Lincoln?
(a) "Sockdologizing old man-trap."
(b) "Bollocking old hag."
(c) "Panderizing old man-trap."
(d) "Four score and seven years ago."
3. What name does George state she would rather have been called in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
4. What word, used by George in "Devotees in the Garden of Love" means profound dedication or consecration?
5. What does Lucy's son confess, weeping, in the end of "C - Archaeology" of The America Play?
(a) He's glad his father is gone.
(b) He misses his father.
(c) His father mistreated him.
(d) He lied to his father.
6. What is the short song which Miss Miss opens "Pickling" about?
(a) Wiping a man's brow.
(b) Walking a dog.
(c) Driving a car.
(d) Eating cake.
7. When was "Pickling" first produced?
8. Where was the location of the theatre in which Abraham Lincoln was shot?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York.
9. The hole in The America Play is described as an exact replica of what?
(a) "Ford's Theatre."
(b) "The Great Hole of History."
(c) "The Oval Office."
(d) "The Library of Congress."
10. By what title does the Foundling Father refer to the impersonator of Abraham Lincoln in The America Play?
(b) "The Second Coming."
(d) "The Lesser Known."
11. In scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Lily refers to how important it used to be for a bride to have what?
(a) Elaborate hair.
(b) A well-set table.
(c) A white gown.
(d) A giant wedding.
12. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy's son comments that the hole they're digging is, in fact, what?
(a) Their salvation.
(b) Their curse.
(c) Their inheritance.
(d) Their duty.
13. What does Miss Miss recall her mother doing with her hair in "Pickling"?
(a) Brushing it.
(b) Brainding it.
(c) Cutting it.
(d) Dying it.
14. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
(a) James Buchanan.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) Franklin Pierce.
(d) Andrew Johnson.
15. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy's son explains how his father came where?
(a) Back East.
(b) Up North.
(c) Out West.
(d) Down South.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy urges her son to keep digging, saying it's important to know the difference between "thuh real thing from thuh" what?
2. What does Lucy's son suddenly do when a gunshot is heard in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
3. What does Black Man want Black Woman to dig in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
4. "Pickling" is what genre of drama?
5. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed out of chronological order?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)