|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy's son confess, weeping, in the end of "C - Archaeology" of The America Play?
(a) His father mistreated him.
(b) He lied to his father.
(c) He misses his father.
(d) He's glad his father is gone.
2. What does George bring out for Lily's inspection in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) A hope chest.
(b) A book.
(c) A pair of pants.
(d) A coin.
3. What was the name of the Lesser Known's wife in The America Play?
4. What are the fighters battling for in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) George's love.
(c) The right to rule.
(d) Settlement of an old grudge.
5. When does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
6. When did Abraham Lincoln die?
7. What does Lucy's son claim his father used to visit when he was back east in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) New York City.
(b) The Great Battlefields.
(c) The Supreme Court.
(d) The original Great Hole of History.
8. The chorus in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" suggest who should listen to the story of what happened, write it down and preserve it?
(a) The men.
(b) The women.
(c) The elderly.
(d) The youth.
9. What are the names of the two combatants in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Old Man and Young Man.
(b) ThisOne and ThatOne.
(c) Ugly and Handsome.
(d) Red Trunks and Black Trunks.
10. In scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," who has been taking items from the hope chest?
(a) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
11. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, a character comments that he can no longer endure the difficulties of his family history falling apart, and vows to do what?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Record it.
(c) Repair it.
(d) Run away.
12. In "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play, the Foundling Father refers to Abraham Lincoln as what?
(a) The Tall Man."
(b) "The Wise Man."
(c) "The Great Man."
(d) The Courageous Man."
13. In scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Lily refers to how important it used to be for a bride to have what?
(a) A white gown.
(b) A giant wedding.
(c) Elaborate hair.
(d) A well-set table.
14. What name does George state she would rather have been called in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
15. What was the valley renamed in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Loser's Valley.
(b) Miss George's Valley.
(c) The Valley of Despair.
(d) The Valley of Hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy's son say his father taught him before he left in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
2. Madame Odelia Pandahr speaks in the manner of what in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
3. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed in chronological order?
4. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Woman recalls how much has changed since when?
5. Who killed Abraham Lincoln?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)