|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The implied occupation of the Lesser Known in the beginning of The America Play was what?
2. What was the valley renamed in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) The Valley of Hope.
(b) Miss George's Valley.
(c) Loser's Valley.
(d) The Valley of Despair.
3. Charles lived next door to whom in "Pickling"?
(a) The High School Principal.
(b) The Pastor.
(c) Miss Miss and her mother.
(d) The Sheriff.
4. The chorus in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" suggest who should listen to the story of what happened, write it down and preserve it?
(a) The men.
(b) The youth.
(c) The women.
(d) The elderly.
5. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Franklin Pierce.
(b) Andrew Johnson.
(c) Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) James Buchanan.
6. Who appears to ask for more contributions in scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(c) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
7. What are Lucy and her son watching on television in "G - The Great Beyond" of The America Play?
(a) "True Heroes."
(b) "The Lincoln Act."
(c) "Sweet Freedom."
(d) "Slaves No More."
8. What does Lucy's son suddenly do when a gunshot is heard in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) Jumps in the air.
(b) Lays flat on the ground.
(c) Pretends to fall dead.
(d) Hides behind a tree.
9. In "Final Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," characters interject the comment that "the page" is both what?
(a) "Plottin' and rottin'."
(b) "Brewin' and stewin'."
(c) "Thrivin and jivin'."
(d) "Burnin" and "turnin'."
10. What can be seen as a metaphoric representation of the essentially empty, idealized image of Lincoln inhabited and clung to by the Foundling Father and shot by the would-be assassins in The American Play?
(a) The grave site.
(b) The casket.
(c) The headstone.
(d) The bust of Lincoln.
11. What does Lucy's son claim his father used to visit when he was back east in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) The Great Battlefields.
(b) The original Great Hole of History.
(c) New York City.
(d) The Supreme Court.
12. What was injured on Black Man when he escaped execution in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
(a) His feet.
(b) His legs.
(c) His arms.
(d) His hands.
13. When was Abraham Lincoln born?
14. What word means to put to death, especially by hanging, by mob action and without legal authority?
15. What does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Lily refers to how important it used to be for a bride to have what?
2. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, a character comments that he can no longer endure the difficulties of his family history falling apart, and vows to do what?
3. Who is practicing French in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
4. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy suggests that her son is hearing two sorts of echoes - of the sound connected with his father's life, and of what?
5. When did Abraham Lincoln die?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)