|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy's son explains how his father came where?
(a) Back East.
(b) Down South.
(c) Out West.
(d) Up North.
2. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy suggests that her son is hearing two sorts of echoes - of the sound connected with his father's life, and of what?
(a) His death.
(b) His ideas.
(c) The words.
(d) The images.
3. Who is watching the battle in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) George and Lily.
(b) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
(d) George and Madame Odelia Pandahr.
4. By what title does the Foundling Father refer to the impersonator of Abraham Lincoln in The America Play?
(a) "The Lesser Known."
(d) "The Second Coming."
5. Abraham Lincoln was which in the number of American Presidents?
6. Lucy's son claims in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play that his father was a natural what?
7. In scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Madame Odelia Pandahr states that the one word to describe the reason for the battle is what?
8. What does Lucy's son claim his father used to visit when he was back east in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) New York City.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) The Great Battlefields.
(d) The original Great Hole of History.
9. Madame Odelia Pandahr speaks in the manner of what in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) A sports announcer.
(b) A little girl.
(c) A news reporter.
(d) A judge.
10. When does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
11. What does Lucy's son say his father taught him before he left in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) How to be President.
(b) The difference between right and wrong.
(c) How to be a man.
(d) How to impersonate Lincoln.
12. At what theatre was Abraham Lincoln shot?
(a) Abbey's Theater
(b) Ford's Theatre.
(c) The Chicago Theatre.
(d) The Broadway Theatre.
13. What word means to put to death, especially by hanging, by mob action and without legal authority?
14. In scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Lily refers to how important it used to be for a bride to have what?
(a) A giant wedding.
(b) A white gown.
(c) Elaborate hair.
(d) A well-set table.
15. What does the Foundling Father quote in "D - Echo" of The America Play" over recorded laughter and applause?
(a) The Gettysburg Address.
(b) The Inauguration Speech.
(c) The Ten Commandments.
(d) The Star Spangled Banner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Abraham Lincoln born?
2. The implied occupation of the Lesser Known in the beginning of The America Play was what?
3. What sound concludes "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play?
4. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed in chronological order?
5. What does one of the characters call out to be taken off him in "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)