|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means to put to death, especially by hanging, by mob action and without legal authority?
2. Charles lived next door to whom in "Pickling"?
(a) The Pastor.
(b) Miss Miss and her mother.
(c) The High School Principal.
(d) The Sheriff.
3. In "Panel III: Thuh Lonesome 3Some" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Man reveals that after he died he was cut down from the tree and let go, since he wasn't what?
(a) Needed anymore.
(b) A fugitive.
(c) Breathing anymore.
(d) A threat.
4. When did Abraham Lincoln die?
5. What is the name of Lucy's son in The America Play?
6. In scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," who has been taking items from the hope chest?
(c) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
7. In scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," what is Lily looking through?
(a) A wooden frame.
(d) A camera.
8. In "D - Echo" of The America Play, what was the line that triggered the laughter that covered Booth's advancing on Lincoln?
(a) "Bollocking old hag."
(b) "Panderizing old man-trap."
(c) "Sockdologizing old man-trap."
(d) "Four score and seven years ago."
9. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, a character comments that he can no longer endure the difficulties of his family history falling apart, and vows to do what?
(a) Run away.
(b) Repair it.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Record it.
10. What sound concludes "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play?
(a) A scream.
(c) A door closing.
(d) A gunshot.
11. What name does George state she would rather have been called in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
12. What was the valley renamed in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) The Valley of Hope.
(b) Loser's Valley.
(c) The Valley of Despair.
(d) Miss George's Valley.
13. The Lesser Known's new profession had little success until he began to offer people the opportunity to do what?
(a) Do something important.
(b) Reenact the assassination.
(c) Be a part of history.
(d) Learn about "The Great Man."
14. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," who announces the death of "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A priest.
(d) A broadcaster.
15. The Lesser Known left his family to pursue an occupation as what in The America Play?
(a) A musician.
(b) An engineer.
(c) An Abraham Lincoln impersonator.
(d) A railroad conductor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is watching the battle in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
2. What are the fighters battling for in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
3. What play was Abraham Lincoln watching when he was assassinated?
4. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, the Foundling Father introduces a scene from what play?
5. What word, used by George in "Devotees in the Garden of Love" means profound dedication or consecration?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)