|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the fighters battling for in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) George's love.
(c) The right to rule.
(d) Settlement of an old grudge.
2. What was the valley renamed in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Loser's Valley.
(b) Miss George's Valley.
(c) The Valley of Hope.
(d) The Valley of Despair.
3. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Man tells Black Woman he's been accused of what?
4. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Andrew Johnson.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) James Buchanan.
(d) Franklin Pierce.
5. The Lesser Known left his family to pursue an occupation as what in The America Play?
(a) An Abraham Lincoln impersonator.
(b) A musician.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A railroad conductor.
6. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Woman recalls how much has changed since when?
(a) Black Man sat in his chair.
(b) She was young.
(c) Black Man was born.
(d) They got married.
7. "Pickling" is what genre of drama?
(a) Film script.
(b) Stage play.
(c) Radio play.
(d) Television pilot.
8. What was the name of the Lesser Known's wife in The America Play?
9. Who faces a forthcoming marriage in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(b) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
10. In "Panel V: In thuh Garden of Hoodoo It" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," what is Black Woman attempting to do?
(a) Feed Black Man.
(b) Wash Black Man.
(c) Teach Black Man.
(d) Love Black Man.
11. What word means to put to death, especially by hanging, by mob action and without legal authority?
12. What does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
13. What possession of Miss Miss' does she wonder what happened to in "Pickling"?
(a) Her ice-box.
(b) Her convertable.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her coffin.
14. In "D - Echo" of The America Play, what was the line that triggered the laughter that covered Booth's advancing on Lincoln?
(a) "Panderizing old man-trap."
(b) "Bollocking old hag."
(c) "Sockdologizing old man-trap."
(d) "Four score and seven years ago."
15. When did Abraham Lincoln die?
Short Answer Questions
1. In scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Madame Odelia Pandahr states that the one word to describe the reason for the battle is what?
2. The chorus in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" suggest who should listen to the story of what happened, write it down and preserve it?
3. What was a portable device used to execute criminals in communities where there was not a jail that could accommodate them?
4. When was "Pickling" first produced?
5. In "Panel III: Thuh Lonesome 3Some" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Man reveals that after he died he was cut down from the tree and let go, since he wasn't what?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)