|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," Black Woman recalls how much has changed since when?
(a) They got married.
(b) Black Man was born.
(c) She was young.
(d) Black Man sat in his chair.
2. When was Abraham Lincoln born?
3. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," how many floors do the characters say the man fell?
4. What does George bring out for Lily's inspection in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) A coin.
(b) A pair of pants.
(c) A hope chest.
(d) A book.
5. What word, used by George in "Devotees in the Garden of Love" means profound dedication or consecration?
6. Who killed Abraham Lincoln?
(a) John Wilkes Booth.
(b) Mark David Chapman.
(c) John Hinckley, Jr.
(d) Robert E. Lee.
7. How are Charles' biceps described in "Pickling"?
8. In scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," what is Lily looking through?
(c) A wooden frame.
(d) A camera.
9. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy urges her son to keep digging, saying it's important to know the difference between "thuh real thing from thuh" what?
10. What does one of the characters call out to be taken off him in "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
11. What does Miss Miss recall her mother doing with her hair in "Pickling"?
(a) Brainding it.
(b) Dying it.
(c) Cutting it.
(d) Brushing it.
12. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy suggests that her son is hearing two sorts of echoes - of the sound connected with his father's life, and of what?
(a) The images.
(b) His ideas.
(c) His death.
(d) The words.
13. What play was Abraham Lincoln watching when he was assassinated?
(a) The Gladiator.
(b) Our American Cousin.
(c) Hedda Gabbler.
(d) A Doll's House.
14. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed in chronological order?
(a) Modernist narrative.
(b) Expositive narrative.
(c) Linear narrative.
(d) Nonlinear narrative.
15. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed out of chronological order?
(a) Postmodern narrative.
(b) Modernist narrative.
(c) Nonlinear narrative.
(d) Linear narrative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means to put to death, especially by hanging, by mob action and without legal authority?
2. What is ripped in two in the song by Miss Miss in "Pickling"?
3. In "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play, the Foundling Father refers to Abraham Lincoln as what?
4. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy's son explains how his father came where?
5. What are the fighters battling for in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)