|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is practicing French in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(d) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
2. What are the names of the two combatants in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Red Trunks and Black Trunks.
(b) Ugly and Handsome.
(c) ThisOne and ThatOne.
(d) Old Man and Young Man.
3. How are Charles' arms described in "Pickling"?
4. Abraham Lincoln was which in the number of American Presidents?
5. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy suggests that her son is hearing two sorts of echoes - of the sound connected with his father's life, and of what?
(a) The words.
(b) The images.
(c) His death.
(d) His ideas.
6. What sound concludes "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A scream.
(c) A door closing.
7. In "D - Echo" of The America Play, what was the line that triggered the laughter that covered Booth's advancing on Lincoln?
(a) "Four score and seven years ago."
(b) "Bollocking old hag."
(c) "Sockdologizing old man-trap."
(d) "Panderizing old man-trap."
8. Miss Miss describes in "Pickling" how attractive Charles looked in what?
(a) A towel.
(b) A muscle shirt.
(c) A suit.
(d) Swim trunks.
9. What word refers to an infant or small child found abandoned; a child without a known parent or guardian?
10. What is the name of Lucy's son in The America Play?
11. When does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
12. In scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Lily refers to how important it used to be for a bride to have what?
(a) Elaborate hair.
(b) A well-set table.
(c) A giant wedding.
(d) A white gown.
13. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed in chronological order?
(a) Nonlinear narrative.
(b) Modernist narrative.
(c) Expositive narrative.
(d) Linear narrative.
14. "Pickling" is what genre of drama?
(a) Television pilot.
(b) Stage play.
(c) Radio play.
(d) Film script.
15. In "Final Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," characters interject the comment that "the page" is both what?
(a) "Thrivin and jivin'."
(b) "Brewin' and stewin'."
(c) "Burnin" and "turnin'."
(d) "Plottin' and rottin'."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy's son explains how his father came where?
2. What was the name of the Lesser Known's wife in The America Play?
3. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy's son claims that if they could just find what, they would know the truth?
4. What refers to that characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences?
5. Lucy's son claims in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play that his father was a natural what?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)