|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, a character comments that he can no longer endure the difficulties of his family history falling apart, and vows to do what?
(a) Run away.
(b) Repair it.
(c) Record it.
(d) Commit suicide.
2. What was the valley renamed in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Miss George's Valley.
(b) Loser's Valley.
(c) The Valley of Hope.
(d) The Valley of Despair.
3. In scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," who has been taking items from the hope chest?
(b) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
4. In scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," what is Lily looking through?
(a) A camera.
(c) A wooden frame.
5. What is ripped in two in the song by Miss Miss in "Pickling"?
(a) A letter.
(b) A flower.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A handkerchief.
6. What word, used by George in "Devotees in the Garden of Love" means profound dedication or consecration?
7. The Lesser Known's new profession had little success until he began to offer people the opportunity to do what?
(a) Be a part of history.
(b) Do something important.
(c) Reenact the assassination.
(d) Learn about "The Great Man."
8. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy urges her son to keep digging, saying it's important to know the difference between "thuh real thing from thuh" what?
9. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," the characters refer to when the man who did what while falling?
(a) Burst into flames.
(b) Turned into a bird.
10. What was a portable device used to execute criminals in communities where there was not a jail that could accommodate them?
(a) The end of time machine.
(b) The grill and kill.
(c) Chariot of death.
(d) Traveling electric chair.
11. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) Franklin Pierce.
(c) Andrew Johnson.
(d) James Buchanan.
12. How are Charles' arms described in "Pickling"?
13. Who speaks of Black Man's family history in "Panel IV: Second Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
14. "Pickling" is what genre of drama?
(a) Stage play.
(b) Television pilot.
(c) Film script.
(d) Radio play.
15. In "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play, the Foundling Father refers to Abraham Lincoln as what?
(a) The Tall Man."
(b) "The Great Man."
(c) "The Wise Man."
(d) The Courageous Man."
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two combatants in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
2. What does the Foundling Father quote in "D - Echo" of The America Play" over recorded laughter and applause?
3. What does Lucy's son suddenly do when a gunshot is heard in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
4. At what theatre was Abraham Lincoln shot?
5. In "E - Spadework" of The America Play, Lucy finishes a game of naming what?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)