|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Lily refers to how important it used to be for a bride to have what?
(a) A well-set table.
(b) Elaborate hair.
(c) A white gown.
(d) A giant wedding.
2. What does Black Man want Black Woman to dig in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
(a) A rose garden.
(b) A hole of history.
(c) A tunnel.
(d) A mass grave.
3. The Lesser Known's new profession had little success until he began to offer people the opportunity to do what?
(a) Do something important.
(b) Reenact the assassination.
(c) Learn about "The Great Man."
(d) Be a part of history.
4. What refers to that characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences?
(c) Abstract thinking.
5. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) Andrew Johnson.
(c) James Buchanan.
(d) Franklin Pierce.
6. What is the name of Lucy's son in The America Play?
7. How are Charles' biceps described in "Pickling"?
8. Who faces a forthcoming marriage in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(b) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
9. Who have been given items from the hope chest in scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Lily and Patty.
(b) Patty and George.
(c) George and Lily.
(d) The combatants.
10. Charles lived next door to whom in "Pickling"?
(a) Miss Miss and her mother.
(b) The High School Principal.
(c) The Pastor.
(d) The Sheriff.
11. Abraham Lincoln was which in the number of American Presidents?
12. What is ripped in two in the song by Miss Miss in "Pickling"?
(a) A letter.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A flower.
(d) A photograph.
13. What word means to put to death, especially by hanging, by mob action and without legal authority?
14. In "Panel V: In thuh Garden of Hoodoo It" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," what is Black Woman attempting to do?
(a) Teach Black Man.
(b) Feed Black Man.
(c) Wash Black Man.
(d) Love Black Man.
15. "Pickling" is what genre of drama?
(a) Radio play.
(b) Film script.
(c) Television pilot.
(d) Stage play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possession of Miss Miss' does she wonder what happened to in "Pickling"?
2. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, a character comments that he can no longer endure the difficulties of his family history falling apart, and vows to do what?
3. Who is watching the battle in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
4. What does one of the characters call out to be taken off him in "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
5. Conversation amongst the characters in the chorus of "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" refer to a time when?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)