|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Abraham Lincoln's wife?
(a) Betty Laura Lincoln.
(b) Emily Carolyn Lincoln.
(c) Mary Todd Lincoln.
(d) Susan Martha Lincoln.
2. "Pickling" is what genre of drama?
(a) Stage play.
(b) Television pilot.
(c) Radio play.
(d) Film script.
3. What was the valley renamed in scene "D" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Loser's Valley.
(b) Miss George's Valley.
(c) The Valley of Hope.
(d) The Valley of Despair.
4. What does Miss Miss recall her mother doing with her hair in "Pickling"?
(a) Brushing it.
(b) Brainding it.
(c) Cutting it.
(d) Dying it.
5. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed in chronological order?
(a) Modernist narrative.
(b) Nonlinear narrative.
(c) Linear narrative.
(d) Expositive narrative.
6. What does Lucy's son confess, weeping, in the end of "C - Archaeology" of The America Play?
(a) He's glad his father is gone.
(b) He misses his father.
(c) His father mistreated him.
(d) He lied to his father.
7. The Lesser Known's new profession had little success until he began to offer people the opportunity to do what?
(a) Reenact the assassination.
(b) Do something important.
(c) Be a part of history.
(d) Learn about "The Great Man."
8. How are Charles' arms described in "Pickling"?
9. What was injured on Black Man when he escaped execution in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
(a) His legs.
(b) His hands.
(c) His feet.
(d) His arms.
10. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," the characters suggest that the black man moved his hands when the world was what?
11. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," how many floors do the characters say the man fell?
12. In "Final Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," characters interject the comment that "the page" is both what?
(a) "Burnin" and "turnin'."
(b) "Plottin' and rottin'."
(c) "Thrivin and jivin'."
(d) "Brewin' and stewin'."
13. What does Black Man want Black Woman to dig in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
(a) A tunnel.
(b) A mass grave.
(c) A rose garden.
(d) A hole of history.
14. What was the name of the Lesser Known's wife in The America Play?
15. In "Panel V: In thuh Garden of Hoodoo It" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," what is Black Woman attempting to do?
(a) Wash Black Man.
(b) Feed Black Man.
(c) Love Black Man.
(d) Teach Black Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Foundling Father quote in "D - Echo" of The America Play" over recorded laughter and applause?
2. Who killed Abraham Lincoln?
3. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, a character comments that he can no longer endure the difficulties of his family history falling apart, and vows to do what?
4. Who appears to ask for more contributions in scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
5. Who ran the finishing school where George graduated in "Devotees in the Garden of Love?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)