|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assumed the American Presidency after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) Andrew Johnson.
(c) Franklin Pierce.
(d) James Buchanan.
2. Miss Miss describes in "Pickling" how attractive Charles looked in what?
(a) A suit.
(b) Swim trunks.
(c) A muscle shirt.
(d) A towel.
3. What word refers to an infant or small child found abandoned; a child without a known parent or guardian?
4. When does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
5. What are the names of the two combatants in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Ugly and Handsome.
(b) Red Trunks and Black Trunks.
(c) Old Man and Young Man.
(d) ThisOne and ThatOne.
6. What does George bring out for Lily's inspection in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) A coin.
(b) A book.
(c) A hope chest.
(d) A pair of pants.
7. At what theatre was Abraham Lincoln shot?
(a) The Chicago Theatre.
(b) Ford's Theatre.
(c) Abbey's Theater
(d) The Broadway Theatre.
8. What was injured on Black Man when he escaped execution in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
(a) His hands.
(b) His legs.
(c) His arms.
(d) His feet.
9. By what title does the Foundling Father refer to the impersonator of Abraham Lincoln in The America Play?
(a) "The Second Coming."
(b) "The Lesser Known."
10. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," the characters refer to when the man who did what while falling?
(a) Turned into a bird.
(c) Burst into flames.
11. What does Miss Miss recall her mother doing with her hair in "Pickling"?
(a) Cutting it.
(b) Brushing it.
(c) Brainding it.
(d) Dying it.
12. In "E - Spadework" of The America Play, Lucy finishes a game of naming what?
(b) State capitals.
13. How are Charles' biceps described in "Pickling"?
14. What does Lucy's son suddenly do when a gunshot is heard in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) Pretends to fall dead.
(b) Hides behind a tree.
(c) Jumps in the air.
(d) Lays flat on the ground.
15. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," who announces the death of "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A broadcaster.
(c) A priest.
(d) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be seen as a metaphoric representation of the essentially empty, idealized image of Lincoln inhabited and clung to by the Foundling Father and shot by the would-be assassins in The American Play?
2. Conversation amongst the characters in the chorus of "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" refer to a time when?
3. Who is practicing French in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
4. The hole in The America Play is described as an exact replica of what?
5. What was a portable device used to execute criminals in communities where there was not a jail that could accommodate them?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)