|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Act One: Lincoln Act" of The America Play, the Foundling Father refers to Abraham Lincoln as what?
(a) The Courageous Man."
(b) "The Great Man."
(c) "The Wise Man."
(d) The Tall Man."
2. What play was Abraham Lincoln watching when he was assassinated?
(a) Hedda Gabbler.
(b) A Doll's House.
(c) The Gladiator.
(d) Our American Cousin.
3. When did Abraham Lincoln die?
4. What can be seen as a metaphoric representation of the essentially empty, idealized image of Lincoln inhabited and clung to by the Foundling Father and shot by the would-be assassins in The American Play?
(a) The bust of Lincoln.
(b) The casket.
(c) The headstone.
(d) The grave site.
5. When does Miss Miss remember Charles coming by to eat in "Pickling"?
6. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy's son comments that the hole they're digging is, in fact, what?
(a) Their duty.
(b) Their curse.
(c) Their salvation.
(d) Their inheritance.
7. What was injured on Black Man when he escaped execution in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
(a) His hands.
(b) His arms.
(c) His legs.
(d) His feet.
8. What does Lucy's son confess, weeping, in the end of "C - Archaeology" of The America Play?
(a) He's glad his father is gone.
(b) His father mistreated him.
(c) He misses his father.
(d) He lied to his father.
9. In "B - Echo" of The America Play, a character comments that he can no longer endure the difficulties of his family history falling apart, and vows to do what?
(a) Record it.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Repair it.
(d) Run away.
10. In scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Madame Odelia Pandahr states that the one word to describe the reason for the battle is what?
11. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy urges her son to keep digging, saying it's important to know the difference between "thuh real thing from thuh" what?
12. In scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," who has been taking items from the hope chest?
(b) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
13. At what theatre was Abraham Lincoln shot?
(a) The Chicago Theatre.
(b) Ford's Theatre.
(c) The Broadway Theatre.
(d) Abbey's Theater
14. What are the names of the two combatants in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Old Man and Young Man.
(b) Red Trunks and Black Trunks.
(c) ThisOne and ThatOne.
(d) Ugly and Handsome.
15. The implied occupation of the Lesser Known in the beginning of The America Play was what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," the characters refer to when the man who did what while falling?
2. What does George bring out for Lily's inspection in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
3. The hole in The America Play is described as an exact replica of what?
4. What is a narrative technique wherein events are portrayed out of chronological order?
5. What name does George state she would rather have been called in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)