|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madame Odelia Pandahr speaks in the manner of what in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) A news reporter.
(b) A sports announcer.
(c) A judge.
(d) A little girl.
2. What does Lucy's son suddenly do when a gunshot is heard in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) Pretends to fall dead.
(b) Lays flat on the ground.
(c) Jumps in the air.
(d) Hides behind a tree.
3. Abraham Lincoln was which in the number of American Presidents?
4. What are the fighters battling for in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Settlement of an old grudge.
(b) The right to rule.
(c) George's love.
5. What does the Foundling Father quote in "D - Echo" of The America Play" over recorded laughter and applause?
(a) The Ten Commandments.
(b) The Inauguration Speech.
(c) The Gettysburg Address.
(d) The Star Spangled Banner.
6. How are Charles' biceps described in "Pickling"?
7. What was injured on Black Man when he escaped execution in "Panel I: Thou Holy Ghost" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
(a) His hands.
(b) His legs.
(c) His arms.
(d) His feet.
8. Who ran the finishing school where George graduated in "Devotees in the Garden of Love?
(c) Madame Odelia Pandahr.
9. What was the name of the Lesser Known's wife in The America Play?
10. The implied occupation of the Lesser Known in the beginning of The America Play was what?
11. What does Lucy's son claim his father used to visit when he was back east in "A - Big Bang" of The America Play?
(a) The Supreme Court.
(b) New York City.
(c) The original Great Hole of History.
(d) The Great Battlefields.
12. What was the name of Abraham Lincoln's wife?
(a) Emily Carolyn Lincoln.
(b) Susan Martha Lincoln.
(c) Mary Todd Lincoln.
(d) Betty Laura Lincoln.
13. How are Lily and George related in "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) Lily is George's mother.
(b) George is Lily's mother.
(c) George and Lily are siblings.
(d) George is Lily's father.
14. What did Miss Miss keep preserved of her mother's in "Pickling"?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her gums.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her eyes.
15. What are Lucy and her son watching on television in "G - The Great Beyond" of The America Play?
(a) "Sweet Freedom."
(b) "True Heroes."
(c) "The Lincoln Act."
(d) "Slaves No More."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Panel II: First Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," what name is used to refer to "the absolutely last living Negro man in the whole entire known world"?
2. What word, used by George in "Devotees in the Garden of Love" means profound dedication or consecration?
3. In "E - Spadework" of The America Play, Lucy finishes a game of naming what?
4. The Lesser Known's new profession had little success until he began to offer people the opportunity to do what?
5. What does George bring out for Lily's inspection in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)