|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus in the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World" suggest who should listen to the story of what happened, write it down and preserve it?
(a) The elderly.
(b) The men.
(c) The youth.
(d) The women.
2. The Lesser Known's new profession had little success until he began to offer people the opportunity to do what?
(a) Reenact the assassination.
(b) Do something important.
(c) Be a part of history.
(d) Learn about "The Great Man."
3. What was the name of the Lesser Known's wife in The America Play?
4. In the "Overture" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," the characters refer to when the man who did what while falling?
(a) Burst into flames.
(c) Turned into a bird.
5. In "C - Archaeology" of The America Play, Lucy's son comments that the hole they're digging is, in fact, what?
(a) Their inheritance.
(b) Their duty.
(c) Their curse.
(d) Their salvation.
6. In scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love," Madame Odelia Pandahr states that the one word to describe the reason for the battle is what?
7. What can be seen as a metaphoric representation of the essentially empty, idealized image of Lincoln inhabited and clung to by the Foundling Father and shot by the would-be assassins in The American Play?
(a) The bust of Lincoln.
(b) The casket.
(c) The grave site.
(d) The headstone.
8. In "Final Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World," characters interject the comment that "the page" is both what?
(a) "Burnin" and "turnin'."
(b) "Plottin' and rottin'."
(c) "Thrivin and jivin'."
(d) "Brewin' and stewin'."
9. What are the fighters battling for in scene "B" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(b) The right to rule.
(c) George's love.
(d) Settlement of an old grudge.
10. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy's son explains how his father came where?
(a) Down South.
(b) Back East.
(c) Out West.
(d) Up North.
11. In "A - Big Bang" of The America Play, Lucy urges her son to keep digging, saying it's important to know the difference between "thuh real thing from thuh" what?
12. What word refers to an infant or small child found abandoned; a child without a known parent or guardian?
13. "Pickling" is what genre of drama?
(a) Film script.
(b) Stage play.
(c) Television pilot.
(d) Radio play.
14. What is ripped in two in the song by Miss Miss in "Pickling"?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A letter.
(c) A flower.
(d) A handkerchief.
15. What does George bring out for Lily's inspection in scene "A" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
(a) A coin.
(b) A book.
(c) A pair of pants.
(d) A hope chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What play was Abraham Lincoln watching when he was assassinated?
2. Who have been given items from the hope chest in scene "C" of "Devotees in the Garden of Love"?
3. Charles lived next door to whom in "Pickling"?
4. Who speaks of Black Man's family history in "Panel IV: Second Chorus" of "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World"?
5. Abraham Lincoln was which in the number of American Presidents?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)