|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an art form that generally refers to movement of the body, usually rhythmic and to music, used as a form of expression or presented in a spiritual or performance setting?
2. To whom does Mr. Sergeant Smith address a letter in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
3. What refers to the discovery, collection, organization, and presentation of information about past events?
4. Who does Aretha urge to smile in scene "A" of "Open House"?
(b) Charles and Blanca.
(c) Blanca and Anglor.
(d) Charles and Anglor.
5. In "Elements of Style" Parks urges playwrights to find what in the lines of the characters?
6. When scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander" repeats itself, the flowers are different how?
(a) They are gray.
(b) They are dead.
(c) They are colorful.
(d) They are fresh.
7. What word refers to that made conspicuous by excellence; noted; eminent; famous?
8. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
9. When did the Thirteenth Amendment abolish slavery?
10. What is the name of the exterminator Charlene intends to call in "C" of "Snails"?
11. Who shows Blanca and Anglor through an apartment in scene "F" of "Open House"?
(c) Miss Faith.
12. In scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)," Mr. Sergeant Smith uses a simile to describe hiding like what?
(a) A snake.
(b) A snail.
(c) A frog.
(d) A turtle.
13. What does Mr. Sergeant Smith refer to as a promotion in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) A "Mark of superiority."
(b) A "Bump up."
(c) An "Elevation."
(d) A "Distinction."
14. What man does Aretha tell to be patient in scene "A" of "Open House"?
15. Who is speaking in scene "D" of "Snails"?
(a) The Naturalist.
(b) The priest.
(c) The banker.
(d) The policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Veronica's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
2. In scene "A" of "Snails," Molly insistently asks Charlene where what are?
3. In "Elements of Style," Parks suggests that every playwright begin by asking why a story needs to be what?
4. What does Mrs. Smith ask her children if they'd like in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
5. Mrs. Smith explains to her children in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)" that their father's posting is how far away?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)