|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Elements of Style," Parks incorporates diagrams illustrating how some of her works function as what?
(a) Methodical melodramas.
(b) Postmodernist identities.
(c) Grammatical symbols.
(d) Mathematical equations.
2. What does Mrs. Smith ask her children if they'd like in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) A sister.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A brother.
3. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" recall being thrown off what?
(a) A baseball team.
(b) Their boat.
(c) A bus.
4. What man does Aretha tell to be patient in scene "A" of "Open House"?
5. What term is used to refer to African American Vernacular English, asserting the independence of this from (standard) English?
6. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Lucius tells Mare that his favorite horse is always what?
(b) Sleeping late.
(c) Eager to race.
7. When scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander" repeats itself, the flowers are different how?
(a) They are colorful.
(b) They are fresh.
(c) They are gray.
(d) They are dead.
8. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
9. In "Elements of Style" Parks urges playwrights to find what in the lines of the characters?
10. Who does Aretha urge to smile in scene "A" of "Open House"?
(a) Charles and Blanca.
(b) Blanca and Anglor.
(d) Charles and Anglor.
11. What horse does Lucius describe betting successfully on in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Gravy Train.
(b) Banana Split.
(c) Dust Commander.
(d) Mad Monkey.
12. Lucius describes being known for wearing the same of what every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Cowboy hat.
(b) Leather jacket.
(c) Bermuda shorts.
(d) White boots.
13. How many children do the Smiths have in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
14. Where is Mr. Sergeant Smith in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) At his desk.
(c) In the bathroom.
15. What word does Molly repeat on different occasions in scene "A" of "Snails"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aretha is questioned about her marital status to whom in scene "C" of "Open House"?
2. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage," Parks calls for African-Americans "to show the world and ourselves our beautiful and powerfully" what?
3. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that form defines what, and vice versa?
4. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare suggests that she and Lucius have children, as they have neither what?
5. In scene "B" of "Open House," Aretha speaks of God looking down on whom?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)