|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many speakers are featured in the short play "Third Kingdom"?
2. To whom does Mr. Sergeant Smith address a letter in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(d) Mrs. Smith.
3. What is the speaker at the podium referred to as in scene "B" of "Snails"?
(a) The mayor.
(b) An Optometrist.
(c) A Naturalist.
(d) A policeman.
4. What is broken on the attire of Lucius in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) A button is missing.
(b) His shoelace is broken.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His zipper.
5. Where is Lucius planning to go in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) A bar.
(b) The races.
(c) The movies.
(d) A casino.
6. What does Charlene complain the apartment is infested with in scene "C" of "Snails"?
7. Where was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
(a) St. Louis, Missouri.
(b) Nashville, Tennessee.
(c) Fort Knox, Kentucky.
(d) Springfield, Illinois.
8. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
9. Who is worried about how to take care of the dresses of her two dolls in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
10. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare complains that Lucius is always going where?
(a) To the library.
(b) To his friends house.
(c) To the track.
(d) To the bar.
11. In "Elements of Style," Parks suggests that every playwright begin by asking why a story needs to be what?
(a) Put on display.
(b) Told in detail.
(c) Expressed in the form of a play.
(d) Shared with others.
12. What is Molly's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
13. Aretha is questioned about her marital status to whom in scene "C" of "Open House"?
(a) John Saxon.
(b) Charles Saxon.
(c) John Stevens.
(d) Steven Charles.
14. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage" Parks writes, "The bulk of relationships Black people are engaged in onstage is the relationship between the Black and the" what?
(a) "Female other."
(b) "White perspective."
(c) "White other."
(d) "White lifestyle."
15. In scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)," Mr. Sergeant Smith uses a simile to describe hiding like what?
(a) A frog.
(b) A snail.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of flowers do Lucius and Mare discuss having gotten in scene "A" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
2. What man does Aretha tell to be patient in scene "A" of "Open House"?
3. Who does Lucius describe having criticized him for wearing the same clothes every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
4. In "Elements of Style," Parks incorporates diagrams illustrating how some of her works function as what?
5. What does Lucius criticize Mare for not doing correctly in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)