|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Emancipation Proclamation enacted?
2. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that form defines what, and vice versa?
3. What man does Aretha tell to be patient in scene "A" of "Open House"?
4. What term refers to a vacation or leave of absence granted to an enlisted person?
5. What is the speaker at the podium referred to as in scene "B" of "Snails"?
(a) A policeman.
(b) The mayor.
(c) An Optometrist.
(d) A Naturalist.
6. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
7. Who is the son of the master craftsman Daedalus in Greek mythology?
8. Who is worried about how to take care of the dresses of her two dolls in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
9. Who speaks of developing an unusual friendship with a robber who repeatedly came to her house in scene "A" of "Snails"?
10. What refers to the discovery, collection, organization, and presentation of information about past events?
11. What "apparatus" used by scientists to disguise their presence so they can observe animals in their natural environment without being noticed is described in "B" of "Snails"?
(a) A "spider."
(b) A "bird."
(c) A "fly."
(d) An "ant."
12. Charles speaks to Aretha about the importance of what in scene "E" of "Open House"?
13. How many children do the Smiths have in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
14. Who describes how important it is for everyone in the family to have a clean, pressed appearance in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(c) Mr. Sergeant Smith.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
15. In scene "B" of "Open House," Aretha speaks of God looking down on whom?
(a) Miss Faith and Charles.
(b) Her and Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
2. Who arrives looking for the person with the cockroach bites in scene "F" of "Snails"?
3. At the end of scene "C" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," what does Lucius ask Mare to say?
4. In scene "F" of "Snails," a Robber enters the apartment and steals what?
5. Who works with Aretha on the calculations for how many slaves can fit in the bottom of a transport ship in scene "B" of "Open House"?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)