|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander" repeats itself, the flowers are different how?
(a) They are gray.
(b) They are dead.
(c) They are fresh.
(d) They are colorful.
2. What is broken on the attire of Lucius in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) A button is missing.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His shoelace is broken.
(d) His zipper.
3. Lucius describes being known for wearing the same of what every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Bermuda shorts.
(b) Leather jacket.
(c) Cowboy hat.
(d) White boots.
4. What "apparatus" used by scientists to disguise their presence so they can observe animals in their natural environment without being noticed is described in "B" of "Snails"?
(a) A "fly."
(b) A "bird."
(c) An "ant."
(d) A "spider."
5. What refers to the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement?
6. What does Lucius ask Mare to say at the end of scene "A" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) "Love you."
(b) "Good luck."
(c) "Bless you."
(d) Pick a winner."
7. Who tells the others to line up and calls out "Land Ho!" in the ending of "Third Kingdom"?
8. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" reveal aspects of their dreams, many of which refer to what?
(a) An other Self.
(b) Secret obsessions.
(c) Past failures.
(d) Their reality.
9. In "Elements of Style," Parks incorporates diagrams illustrating how some of her works function as what?
(a) Grammatical symbols.
(b) Mathematical equations.
(c) Methodical melodramas.
(d) Postmodernist identities.
10. In "Elements of Style" Parks urges playwrights to find what in the lines of the characters?
11. Mrs. Smith explains to her children in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)" that their father's posting is how far away?
(a) 1,000 miles.
(b) An eight hour flight.
(c) An entire time zone.
(d) Two states.
12. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Lucius tells Mare that his favorite horse is always what?
(a) Sleeping late.
(d) Eager to race.
13. Who describes how important it is for everyone in the family to have a clean, pressed appearance in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Mr. Sergeant Smith.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
14. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage" Parks writes, "The bulk of relationships Black people are engaged in onstage is the relationship between the Black and the" what?
(a) "White other."
(b) "White perspective."
(c) "White lifestyle."
(d) "Female other."
15. In "Elements of Style," Parks suggests that every playwright begin by asking why a story needs to be what?
(a) Put on display.
(b) Shared with others.
(c) Told in detail.
(d) Expressed in the form of a play.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of scene "C" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," what does Lucius ask Mare to say?
2. What refers to a hypersensitivity to a substance that causes the body to react to any contact with that substance?
3. Charles speaks to Aretha about the importance of what in scene "E" of "Open House"?
4. How many children do the Smiths have in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
5. Who kisses Mr. Sergeant Smith's desk in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)