|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of scene "C" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," what does Lucius ask Mare to say?
(a) "Bless you."
(b) "I'll miss you."
(c) "Good luck."
(d) "I love you."
2. What does Charlene complain the apartment is infested with in scene "C" of "Snails"?
3. What refers to the discovery, collection, organization, and presentation of information about past events?
4. Who is being observed by a cardboard cockroach in "Snails"?
(a) Molly and Charlene.
(b) Molly and Veronica.
(c) Chona and Vero.
(d) Veronica and Charlene.
5. What term refers to a vacation or leave of absence granted to an enlisted person?
6. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage" Parks writes, "The bulk of relationships Black people are engaged in onstage is the relationship between the Black and the" what?
(a) "Female other."
(b) "White other."
(c) "White lifestyle."
(d) "White perspective."
7. In scene "F" of "Snails," a Robber enters the apartment and steals what?
(a) A purse.
(b) The cockroach.
(c) A vase.
(d) A painting.
8. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
9. Who works with Aretha on the calculations for how many slaves can fit in the bottom of a transport ship in scene "B" of "Open House"?
(d) Miss Faith.
10. When did the Thirteenth Amendment abolish slavery?
11. Who does Lucius describe having criticized him for wearing the same clothes every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Their next-door neighbor.
(b) A woman at church.
(c) A woman at the gym.
(d) A woman at the track.
12. What word does Molly repeat on different occasions in scene "A" of "Snails"?
13. What does Lucius beat Mare with in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) A riding crop.
(b) His fist.
(c) A cord.
(d) A belt.
14. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Lucius tells Mare that his favorite horse is always what?
(b) Sleeping late.
(c) Eager to race.
15. Who kisses Mr. Sergeant Smith's desk in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(d) Mrs. Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucius ask Mare to say at the end of scene "A" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
2. What "apparatus" used by scientists to disguise their presence so they can observe animals in their natural environment without being noticed is described in "B" of "Snails"?
3. The children in the beginning of "Open House" are worried about who will take care of what when Aretha is gone?
4. In scene "A" of "Snails," Molly insistently asks Charlene where what are?
5. In "Elements of Style," Parks incorporates diagrams illustrating how some of her works function as what?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)