|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an art form that generally refers to movement of the body, usually rhythmic and to music, used as a form of expression or presented in a spiritual or performance setting?
2. In scene "F" of "Snails," a Robber enters the apartment and steals what?
(a) A purse.
(b) A painting.
(c) A vase.
(d) The cockroach.
3. Who is speaking in scene "D" of "Snails"?
(a) The priest.
(b) The banker.
(c) The policeman.
(d) The Naturalist.
4. What refers to the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement?
5. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare suggests that she and Lucius have children, as they have neither what?
(a) Hate nor distrust.
(b) Language nor direction.
(c) Claws nor fangs.
(d) Hair nor feathers.
6. Who prepares to extract Aretha's teeth in scene "D" of "Open House"?
(a) Miss Faith.
7. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" reveal aspects of their dreams, many of which refer to what?
(a) An other Self.
(b) Secret obsessions.
(c) Their reality.
(d) Past failures.
8. Who writes a letter to Mr. Sergeant Smith in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(b) Mrs. Smith.
9. What does Lucius beat Mare with in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) A belt.
(b) His fist.
(c) A cord.
(d) A riding crop.
10. Who shows Blanca and Anglor through an apartment in scene "F" of "Open House"?
(c) Miss Faith.
11. Lucius tells Mare in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander" that she doesn't pay attention to the little things, comparing them to what?
12. What is the speaker at the podium referred to as in scene "B" of "Snails"?
(a) A policeman.
(b) An Optometrist.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A Naturalist.
13. In scene "B" of "Open House," Aretha speaks of God looking down on whom?
(a) Her and Charles.
(c) Miss Faith and Charles.
14. In "Elements of Style," Parks suggests that every playwright begin by asking why a story needs to be what?
(a) Told in detail.
(b) Shared with others.
(c) Put on display.
(d) Expressed in the form of a play.
15. In scene "A" of "Snails," Molly insistently asks Charlene where what are?
(a) Her dress.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) The want ads.
(d) Family photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to a vacation or leave of absence granted to an enlisted person?
2. Aretha is questioned about her marital status to whom in scene "C" of "Open House"?
3. At the end of scene "C" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," what does Lucius ask Mare to say?
4. Who arrives looking for the person with the cockroach bites in scene "F" of "Snails"?
5. What title of a play in the collection was derived from a phrase in a half-waking dream of the author's?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)