|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
2. Who is the son of the master craftsman Daedalus in Greek mythology?
3. Aretha is questioned about her marital status to whom in scene "C" of "Open House"?
(a) Steven Charles.
(b) John Saxon.
(c) Charles Saxon.
(d) John Stevens.
4. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" reveal aspects of their dreams, many of which refer to what?
(a) Their reality.
(b) Past failures.
(c) Secret obsessions.
(d) An other Self.
5. Who writes a letter to Mr. Sergeant Smith in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
6. What word does Molly repeat on different occasions in scene "A" of "Snails"?
7. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that the use of language involves what?
(a) Emotional density.
(b) Grammatical understanding.
(c) The entire body.
(d) The throat.
8. What does Lucius criticize Mare for not doing correctly in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Wiping her tears.
(b) Washing the dishes.
(c) Baking bread.
(d) Mopping the floor.
9. Where was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
(a) Nashville, Tennessee.
(b) Springfield, Illinois.
(c) Fort Knox, Kentucky.
(d) St. Louis, Missouri.
10. Who tells the others to line up and calls out "Land Ho!" in the ending of "Third Kingdom"?
11. In scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)," Mr. Sergeant Smith uses a simile to describe hiding like what?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A snail.
(c) A snake.
(d) A frog.
12. Charles speaks to Aretha about the importance of what in scene "E" of "Open House"?
13. Lucius describes being known for wearing the same of what every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Bermuda shorts.
(b) Leather jacket.
(c) White boots.
(d) Cowboy hat.
14. When did the Thirteenth Amendment abolish slavery?
15. In scene "A" of "Snails," Molly insistently asks Charlene where what are?
(a) The want ads.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Family photographs.
(d) Her dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Sergeant Smith say he's been posted in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
2. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage," Parks calls for African-Americans "to show the world and ourselves our beautiful and powerfully" what?
3. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
4. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that form defines what, and vice versa?
5. What is shown onstage in the opening of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)