|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)," Mr. Sergeant Smith uses a simile to describe hiding like what?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A snail.
(c) A frog.
(d) A snake.
2. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" reveal aspects of their dreams, many of which refer to what?
(a) An other Self.
(b) Their reality.
(c) Past failures.
(d) Secret obsessions.
3. Who works with Aretha on the calculations for how many slaves can fit in the bottom of a transport ship in scene "B" of "Open House"?
(a) Miss Faith.
4. Where was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
(a) Fort Knox, Kentucky.
(b) St. Louis, Missouri.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) Springfield, Illinois.
5. What refers to the discovery, collection, organization, and presentation of information about past events?
6. What is the first of four short plays anthologized under the title "Imperceptible Mutabilities in the Third Kingdom"?
7. Aretha is told she has what in scene "C" of "Open House"?
8. Who is worried about how to take care of the dresses of her two dolls in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
9. Where does Mr. Sergeant Smith say he's been posted in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) A small island.
(b) A scorching desert.
(c) A muggy jungle.
(d) A lush mountain.
10. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" recall being thrown off what?
(b) A baseball team.
(c) A bus.
(d) Their boat.
11. What term refers to a vacation or leave of absence granted to an enlisted person?
12. What is Mr. Sergeant Smith doing in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Posing for photographs.
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Making a phonecall.
(d) Reading a newspaper.
13. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that form defines what, and vice versa?
14. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
15. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defied her boss' efforts to get her to speak properly in scene "A" of "Snails"?
2. The children in the beginning of "Open House" are worried about who will take care of what when Aretha is gone?
3. Who speaks of developing an unusual friendship with a robber who repeatedly came to her house in scene "A" of "Snails"?
4. Who worries that her father doesn't like her in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
5. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare complains that Lucius is always going where?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)