|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Smith ask her children if they'd like in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) A sister.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A brother.
2. What is Veronica's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
3. Aretha recalls a conversation with a slave-master named what in scene "D" of "Open House"?
4. Aretha is told she has what in scene "C" of "Open House"?
5. What refers to the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement?
6. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" reveal aspects of their dreams, many of which refer to what?
(a) Secret obsessions.
(b) Their reality.
(c) An other Self.
(d) Past failures.
7. Who speaks of developing an unusual friendship with a robber who repeatedly came to her house in scene "A" of "Snails"?
8. What is shown onstage in the opening of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) A wedding cake.
(b) Slides of Lucius and Mare getting married.
(c) People cheering.
(d) A preist.
9. Who is the son of the master craftsman Daedalus in Greek mythology?
10. What "apparatus" used by scientists to disguise their presence so they can observe animals in their natural environment without being noticed is described in "B" of "Snails"?
(a) An "ant."
(b) A "bird."
(c) A "fly."
(d) A "spider."
11. Who works with Aretha on the calculations for how many slaves can fit in the bottom of a transport ship in scene "B" of "Open House"?
(b) Miss Faith.
12. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage," Parks calls for African-Americans "to show the world and ourselves our beautiful and powerfully" what?
(a) "Accurate wisdom."
(b) "Infinite variety."
(c) "Interesting culture."
(d) "Creative minds."
13. What is Charlene's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
14. Who worries that her father doesn't like her in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(b) Mrs. Smith.
15. What title of a play in the collection was derived from a phrase in a half-waking dream of the author's?
(a) "Devotees in the Garden of Love."
(b) "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World."
(c) "The America Play."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is watching "Wild Kingdom" in scene "F" of "Snails"?
2. What refers to the discovery, collection, organization, and presentation of information about past events?
3. Who does Aretha urge to smile in scene "A" of "Open House"?
4. At the end of scene "C" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," what does Lucius ask Mare to say?
5. What is the first of four short plays anthologized under the title "Imperceptible Mutabilities in the Third Kingdom"?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)