|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the discovery, collection, organization, and presentation of information about past events?
2. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
3. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that form defines what, and vice versa?
4. What is Mr. Sergeant Smith doing in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Making a phonecall.
(d) Posing for photographs.
5. For what play did Parks receive the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
(a) The Sinner's Place.
(b) In The Blood.
6. What does Lucius beat Mare with in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) A cord.
(b) His fist.
(c) A riding crop.
(d) A belt.
7. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that the use of language involves what?
(a) The throat.
(b) Grammatical understanding.
(c) Emotional density.
(d) The entire body.
8. Where was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
(a) Fort Knox, Kentucky.
(b) St. Louis, Missouri.
(c) Springfield, Illinois.
(d) Nashville, Tennessee.
9. Aretha recalls a conversation with a slave-master named what in scene "D" of "Open House"?
10. What is broken on the attire of Lucius in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) A button is missing.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His zipper.
(d) His shoelace is broken.
11. Who is the son of the master craftsman Daedalus in Greek mythology?
12. What does Charlene complain the apartment is infested with in scene "C" of "Snails"?
13. What is Veronica's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
14. In "Snail," scene "C," Molly announces her decision to not make a career out of what?
(a) Being down and out.
15. Who worries that her father doesn't like her in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Sergeant Smith refer to as a promotion in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
2. Lucius describes being known for wearing the same of what every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
3. Who hums in the background in scene "C" of "Open House"?
4. What is the first of four short plays anthologized under the title "Imperceptible Mutabilities in the Third Kingdom"?
5. In scene "A" of "Snails," Molly insistently asks Charlene where what are?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)