|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that form defines what, and vice versa?
2. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" reveal aspects of their dreams, many of which refer to what?
(a) Secret obsessions.
(b) Their reality.
(c) An other Self.
(d) Past failures.
3. For what play did Parks receive the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
(b) The Sinner's Place.
(c) In The Blood.
4. Who arrives looking for the person with the cockroach bites in scene "F" of "Snails"?
5. Who tells the others to line up and calls out "Land Ho!" in the ending of "Third Kingdom"?
6. Where is Lucius planning to go in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) The movies.
(b) A bar.
(c) The races.
(d) A casino.
7. In her opening essays, what does Parks define as "the holding or having of something of one's own"?
8. When scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander" repeats itself, the flowers are different how?
(a) They are dead.
(b) They are fresh.
(c) They are gray.
(d) They are colorful.
9. What does Mrs. Smith ask her children if they'd like in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) A brother.
(b) A cat.
(c) A sister.
(d) A dog.
10. In scene "F" of "Snails," a Robber enters the apartment and steals what?
(a) A vase.
(b) A purse.
(c) A painting.
(d) The cockroach.
11. What is the first of four short plays anthologized under the title "Imperceptible Mutabilities in the Third Kingdom"?
12. What is broken on the attire of Lucius in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His shoelace is broken.
(c) A button is missing.
(d) His zipper.
13. Mrs. Smith explains to her children in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)" that their father's posting is how far away?
(a) An entire time zone.
(b) An eight hour flight.
(c) Two states.
(d) 1,000 miles.
14. What man does Aretha tell to be patient in scene "A" of "Open House"?
15. What does Mrs. Smith ask Buffy to keep clean in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Her father's desk.
(b) Her dolls.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aretha is told she has what in scene "C" of "Open House"?
2. In "Elements of Style" Parks urges playwrights to find what in the lines of the characters?
3. What is an art form that generally refers to movement of the body, usually rhythmic and to music, used as a form of expression or presented in a spiritual or performance setting?
4. Where was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
5. What does Charlene complain the apartment is infested with in scene "C" of "Snails"?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)