|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In scene "F" of "Snails," a Robber enters the apartment and steals what?
(a) A painting.
(b) A purse.
(c) A vase.
(d) The cockroach.
2. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
3. Who does Lucius describe having criticized him for wearing the same clothes every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) A woman at church.
(b) Their next-door neighbor.
(c) A woman at the track.
(d) A woman at the gym.
4. What does Lucius ask Mare to say at the end of scene "A" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) "Love you."
(b) Pick a winner."
(c) "Bless you."
(d) "Good luck."
5. Who kisses Mr. Sergeant Smith's desk in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(c) Mrs. Smith.
6. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that form defines what, and vice versa?
7. Who worries that her father doesn't like her in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
8. What refers to a hypersensitivity to a substance that causes the body to react to any contact with that substance?
9. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage" Parks writes, "The bulk of relationships Black people are engaged in onstage is the relationship between the Black and the" what?
(a) "White perspective."
(b) "Female other."
(c) "White other."
(d) "White lifestyle."
10. The children in the beginning of "Open House" are worried about who will take care of what when Aretha is gone?
(a) Their cats.
(b) Their dolls.
(c) Their dogs.
(d) The house.
11. For what play did Parks receive the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
(c) The Sinner's Place.
(d) In The Blood.
12. What does Charlene complain the apartment is infested with in scene "C" of "Snails"?
13. What refers to the discovery, collection, organization, and presentation of information about past events?
14. What does Mrs. Smith ask her children if they'd like in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A sister.
(c) A cat.
(d) A brother.
15. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" recall being thrown off what?
(a) A bus.
(b) Their boat.
(c) A baseball team.
Short Answer Questions
1. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Lucius tells Mare that his favorite horse is always what?
2. Charles speaks to Aretha about the importance of what in scene "E" of "Open House"?
3. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that the use of language involves what?
4. Who prepares to extract Aretha's teeth in scene "D" of "Open House"?
5. Lucius describes being known for wearing the same of what every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)