|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who works with Aretha on the calculations for how many slaves can fit in the bottom of a transport ship in scene "B" of "Open House"?
(d) Miss Faith.
2. Who kisses Mr. Sergeant Smith's desk in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(c) Mrs. Smith.
3. Who is worried about how to take care of the dresses of her two dolls in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
4. What man does Aretha tell to be patient in scene "A" of "Open House"?
5. In "Elements of Style," Parks incorporates diagrams illustrating how some of her works function as what?
(a) Postmodernist identities.
(b) Methodical melodramas.
(c) Grammatical symbols.
(d) Mathematical equations.
6. Aretha is questioned about her marital status to whom in scene "C" of "Open House"?
(a) Charles Saxon.
(b) John Saxon.
(c) John Stevens.
(d) Steven Charles.
7. What is the name of the exterminator Charlene intends to call in "C" of "Snails"?
8. Who worries that her father doesn't like her in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(c) Mrs. Smith.
9. At the end of scene "C" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," what does Lucius ask Mare to say?
(a) "I'll miss you."
(b) "Good luck."
(c) "Bless you."
(d) "I love you."
10. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
11. In "An Equation for Black People Onstage" Parks writes, "The bulk of relationships Black people are engaged in onstage is the relationship between the Black and the" what?
(a) "Female other."
(b) "White perspective."
(c) "White lifestyle."
(d) "White other."
12. What does Lucius criticize Mare for not doing correctly in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Wiping her tears.
(b) Mopping the floor.
(c) Washing the dishes.
(d) Baking bread.
13. How many speakers are featured in the short play "Third Kingdom"?
14. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" reveal aspects of their dreams, many of which refer to what?
(a) Their reality.
(b) Past failures.
(c) An other Self.
(d) Secret obsessions.
15. Who defied her boss' efforts to get her to speak properly in scene "A" of "Snails"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Sergeant Smith say he's been posted in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
2. Who tells the others to line up and calls out "Land Ho!" in the ending of "Third Kingdom"?
3. Aretha recalls a conversation with a slave-master named what in scene "D" of "Open House"?
4. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare suggests that she and Lucius have children, as they have neither what?
5. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Lucius tells Mare that his favorite horse is always what?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)