|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Smith explains to her children in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)" that their father's posting is how far away?
(a) 1,000 miles.
(b) An eight hour flight.
(c) Two states.
(d) An entire time zone.
2. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that form defines what, and vice versa?
3. Who shows Blanca and Anglor through an apartment in scene "F" of "Open House"?
(b) Miss Faith.
4. What is the first of four short plays anthologized under the title "Imperceptible Mutabilities in the Third Kingdom"?
5. What title of a play in the collection was derived from a phrase in a half-waking dream of the author's?
(b) "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World."
(c) "Devotees in the Garden of Love."
(d) "The America Play."
6. Where is Mr. Sergeant Smith in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) In the bathroom.
(c) At his desk.
(d) In the dining room.
7. Who is worried about how to take care of the dresses of her two dolls in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
8. What horse does Lucius describe betting successfully on in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Dust Commander.
(b) Banana Split.
(c) Gravy Train.
(d) Mad Monkey.
9. What man does Aretha tell to be patient in scene "A" of "Open House"?
10. When was the Emancipation Proclamation enacted?
11. For what play did Parks receive the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
(b) In The Blood.
(c) The Sinner's Place.
12. Who hums in the background in scene "C" of "Open House"?
(c) Charles and Blanca.
(d) Blanca and Anglor.
13. What term refers to a vacation or leave of absence granted to an enlisted person?
14. What is an art form that generally refers to movement of the body, usually rhythmic and to music, used as a form of expression or presented in a spiritual or performance setting?
15. What kind of flowers do Lucius and Mare discuss having gotten in scene "A" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the discovery, collection, organization, and presentation of information about past events?
2. What is Veronica's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
3. Lucius describes being known for wearing the same of what every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
4. In scene "F" of "Snails," a Robber enters the apartment and steals what?
5. What is Mr. Sergeant Smith doing in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)