|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Sergeant Smith say he's been posted in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) A scorching desert.
(b) A small island.
(c) A muggy jungle.
(d) A lush mountain.
2. Charles speaks to Aretha about the importance of what in scene "E" of "Open House"?
3. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare complains that Lucius is always going where?
(a) To the track.
(b) To the library.
(c) To the bar.
(d) To his friends house.
4. What is Veronica's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
5. What does Mr. Sergeant Smith refer to as a promotion in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) A "Mark of superiority."
(b) An "Elevation."
(c) A "Distinction."
(d) A "Bump up."
6. What word refers to that made conspicuous by excellence; noted; eminent; famous?
7. What is the speaker at the podium referred to as in scene "B" of "Snails"?
(a) The mayor.
(b) A Naturalist.
(c) An Optometrist.
(d) A policeman.
8. When did the Thirteenth Amendment abolish slavery?
9. Aretha recalls a conversation with a slave-master named what in scene "D" of "Open House"?
10. In "Elements of Style," Parks suggests that every playwright begin by asking why a story needs to be what?
(a) Told in detail.
(b) Expressed in the form of a play.
(c) Put on display.
(d) Shared with others.
11. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that form defines what, and vice versa?
12. What "apparatus" used by scientists to disguise their presence so they can observe animals in their natural environment without being noticed is described in "B" of "Snails"?
(a) A "fly."
(b) An "ant."
(c) A "bird."
(d) A "spider."
13. In her opening essays, what does Parks define as "the holding or having of something of one's own"?
14. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
15. What title of a play in the collection was derived from a phrase in a half-waking dream of the author's?
(b) "Devotees in the Garden of Love."
(c) "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World."
(d) "The America Play."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlene complain the apartment is infested with in scene "C" of "Snails"?
2. Who kisses Mr. Sergeant Smith's desk in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
3. Who describes how important it is for everyone in the family to have a clean, pressed appearance in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
4. What does Mare urge Lucius to do in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
5. Who is watching "Wild Kingdom" in scene "F" of "Snails"?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)