|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who works with Aretha on the calculations for how many slaves can fit in the bottom of a transport ship in scene "B" of "Open House"?
(a) Miss Faith.
2. Who does Lucius describe having criticized him for wearing the same clothes every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) A woman at church.
(b) Their next-door neighbor.
(c) A woman at the track.
(d) A woman at the gym.
3. In scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)," Mr. Sergeant Smith uses a simile to describe hiding like what?
(a) A snake.
(b) A frog.
(c) A snail.
(d) A turtle.
4. When was the Emancipation Proclamation enacted?
5. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
6. Where does Mr. Sergeant Smith say he's been posted in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) A scorching desert.
(b) A small island.
(c) A muggy jungle.
(d) A lush mountain.
7. In "Snail," scene "C," Molly announces her decision to not make a career out of what?
(c) Being down and out.
8. Charles speaks to Aretha about the importance of what in scene "E" of "Open House"?
9. What does Lucius beat Mare with in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) A belt.
(b) A riding crop.
(c) His fist.
(d) A cord.
10. What is the speaker at the podium referred to as in scene "B" of "Snails"?
(a) A Naturalist.
(b) The mayor.
(c) An Optometrist.
(d) A policeman.
11. In scene "F" of "Snails," a Robber enters the apartment and steals what?
(a) A painting.
(b) A purse.
(c) The cockroach.
(d) A vase.
12. Who is speaking in scene "D" of "Snails"?
(a) The Naturalist.
(b) The policeman.
(c) The banker.
(d) The priest.
13. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
14. What is Charlene's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
15. What does Mare urge Lucius to do in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Mow the lawn.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Stay home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucius describes being known for wearing the same of what every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
2. When scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander" repeats itself, the flowers are different how?
3. What refers to the discovery, collection, organization, and presentation of information about past events?
4. What is shown onstage in the opening of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
5. Who worries that her father doesn't like her in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)