|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucius ask Mare to say at the end of scene "A" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) "Bless you."
(b) "Love you."
(c) "Good luck."
(d) Pick a winner."
2. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
3. What does Mrs. Smith ask Buffy to keep clean in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her dolls.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her father's desk.
4. To whom does Mr. Sergeant Smith address a letter in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
5. How many children do the Smiths have in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
6. What is the speaker at the podium referred to as in scene "B" of "Snails"?
(a) A Naturalist.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A policeman.
(d) An Optometrist.
7. In "Elements of Style" Parks urges playwrights to find what in the lines of the characters?
8. In her opening essays, what does Parks define as "the holding or having of something of one's own"?
9. What is Molly's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
10. Who defied her boss' efforts to get her to speak properly in scene "A" of "Snails"?
11. Charles speaks to Aretha about the importance of what in scene "E" of "Open House"?
12. In "Snail," scene "C," Molly announces her decision to not make a career out of what?
(a) Being down and out.
13. Who is being observed by a cardboard cockroach in "Snails"?
(a) Molly and Charlene.
(b) Veronica and Charlene.
(c) Molly and Veronica.
(d) Chona and Vero.
14. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare suggests that she and Lucius have children, as they have neither what?
(a) Language nor direction.
(b) Hate nor distrust.
(c) Claws nor fangs.
(d) Hair nor feathers.
15. What term refers to a vacation or leave of absence granted to an enlisted person?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucius tells Mare in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander" that she doesn't pay attention to the little things, comparing them to what?
2. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" reveal aspects of their dreams, many of which refer to what?
3. Who is watching "Wild Kingdom" in scene "F" of "Snails"?
4. Who prepares to extract Aretha's teeth in scene "D" of "Open House"?
5. What is the first of four short plays anthologized under the title "Imperceptible Mutabilities in the Third Kingdom"?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)