|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" recall being thrown off what?
(a) A baseball team.
(b) Their boat.
(d) A bus.
2. What term refers to a vacation or leave of absence granted to an enlisted person?
3. What "apparatus" used by scientists to disguise their presence so they can observe animals in their natural environment without being noticed is described in "B" of "Snails"?
(a) A "fly."
(b) A "bird."
(c) A "spider."
(d) An "ant."
4. What refers to the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement?
5. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
6. For what play did Parks receive the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
(c) In The Blood.
(d) The Sinner's Place.
7. Where does Mr. Sergeant Smith say he's been posted in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) A lush mountain.
(b) A small island.
(c) A muggy jungle.
(d) A scorching desert.
8. Charles speaks to Aretha about the importance of what in scene "E" of "Open House"?
9. Who is speaking in scene "D" of "Snails"?
(a) The priest.
(b) The Naturalist.
(c) The banker.
(d) The policeman.
10. What is the speaker at the podium referred to as in scene "B" of "Snails"?
(a) An Optometrist.
(b) A Naturalist.
(c) A policeman.
(d) The mayor.
11. Lucius describes being known for wearing the same of what every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Bermuda shorts.
(b) White boots.
(c) Cowboy hat.
(d) Leather jacket.
12. Who works with Aretha on the calculations for how many slaves can fit in the bottom of a transport ship in scene "B" of "Open House"?
(b) Miss Faith.
13. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
14. What does Lucius criticize Mare for not doing correctly in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Baking bread.
(b) Mopping the floor.
(c) Wiping her tears.
(d) Washing the dishes.
15. Who describes how important it is for everyone in the family to have a clean, pressed appearance in scene "B" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mr. Sergeant Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. In scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)," Mr. Sergeant Smith uses a simile to describe hiding like what?
2. Who speaks of developing an unusual friendship with a robber who repeatedly came to her house in scene "A" of "Snails"?
3. In "Elements of Style," Parks incorporates diagrams illustrating how some of her works function as what?
4. What is broken on the attire of Lucius in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
5. In scene "F" of "Snails," a Robber enters the apartment and steals what?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)