|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is broken on the attire of Lucius in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His shoelace is broken.
(c) A button is missing.
(d) His zipper.
2. What title of a play in the collection was derived from a phrase in a half-waking dream of the author's?
(b) "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World."
(c) "Devotees in the Garden of Love."
(d) "The America Play."
3. What refers to a hypersensitivity to a substance that causes the body to react to any contact with that substance?
4. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Lucius tells Mare that his favorite horse is always what?
(a) Sleeping late.
(d) Eager to race.
5. To whom does Mr. Sergeant Smith address a letter in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
6. In her opening essays, what does Parks define as "the holding or having of something of one's own"?
7. What does Lucius beat Mare with in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) A belt.
(b) A cord.
(c) His fist.
(d) A riding crop.
8. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
9. What does Charlene complain the apartment is infested with in scene "C" of "Snails"?
10. Who speaks of developing an unusual friendship with a robber who repeatedly came to her house in scene "A" of "Snails"?
11. Aretha is told she has what in scene "C" of "Open House"?
12. In "Elements of Style," Parks incorporates diagrams illustrating how some of her works function as what?
(a) Postmodernist identities.
(b) Mathematical equations.
(c) Methodical melodramas.
(d) Grammatical symbols.
13. What does Mrs. Smith ask her children if they'd like in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) A brother.
(b) A sister.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
14. When was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
15. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare complains that Lucius is always going where?
(a) To the bar.
(b) To his friends house.
(c) To the track.
(d) To the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what play did Parks receive the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
2. Who does Lucius describe having criticized him for wearing the same clothes every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
3. Who is watching "Wild Kingdom" in scene "F" of "Snails"?
4. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that the use of language involves what?
5. In scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)," Mr. Sergeant Smith uses a simile to describe hiding like what?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)