|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the others to line up and calls out "Land Ho!" in the ending of "Third Kingdom"?
2. Who prepares to extract Aretha's teeth in scene "D" of "Open House"?
(c) Miss Faith.
3. What is Molly's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
4. In "Elements of Style," Parks suggests that every playwright begin by asking why a story needs to be what?
(a) Expressed in the form of a play.
(b) Shared with others.
(c) Told in detail.
(d) Put on display.
5. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that form defines what, and vice versa?
6. Who does Aretha urge to smile in scene "A" of "Open House"?
(a) Blanca and Anglor.
(b) Charles and Anglor.
(d) Charles and Blanca.
7. What does Mr. Sergeant Smith refer to as a promotion in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) A "Bump up."
(b) A "Mark of superiority."
(c) An "Elevation."
(d) A "Distinction."
8. What man does Aretha tell to be patient in scene "A" of "Open House"?
9. For what play did Parks receive the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
(a) The Sinner's Place.
(c) In The Blood.
10. Who arrives looking for the person with the cockroach bites in scene "F" of "Snails"?
11. Who speaks of developing an unusual friendship with a robber who repeatedly came to her house in scene "A" of "Snails"?
12. What kind of flowers do Lucius and Mare discuss having gotten in scene "A" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
13. What "apparatus" used by scientists to disguise their presence so they can observe animals in their natural environment without being noticed is described in "B" of "Snails"?
(a) An "ant."
(b) A "fly."
(c) A "bird."
(d) A "spider."
14. What is Veronica's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
15. In scene "B" of "Open House," Aretha speaks of God looking down on whom?
(b) Miss Faith and Charles.
(d) Her and Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the discovery, collection, organization, and presentation of information about past events?
2. Who shows Blanca and Anglor through an apartment in scene "F" of "Open House"?
3. Lucius describes being known for wearing the same of what every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
4. What refers to a hypersensitivity to a substance that causes the body to react to any contact with that substance?
5. What is broken on the attire of Lucius in "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)