|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Mr. Sergeant Smith in scene "D" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(c) Mrs. Smith.
2. What is Mr. Sergeant Smith doing in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Posing for photographs.
(d) Making a phonecall.
3. What is Molly's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
4. Aretha is told she has what in scene "C" of "Open House"?
5. Charles speaks to Aretha about the importance of what in scene "E" of "Open House"?
6. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
7. For what play did Parks receive the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
(a) In The Blood.
(b) The Sinner's Place.
8. In scene "F" of "Snails," a Robber enters the apartment and steals what?
(a) The cockroach.
(b) A purse.
(c) A vase.
(d) A painting.
9. Where was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
(a) Nashville, Tennessee.
(b) St. Louis, Missouri.
(c) Springfield, Illinois.
(d) Fort Knox, Kentucky.
10. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that form defines what, and vice versa?
11. How many children do the Smiths have in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
12. What is Charlene's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
13. What does Charlene complain the apartment is infested with in scene "C" of "Snails"?
14. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare suggests that she and Lucius have children, as they have neither what?
(a) Hair nor feathers.
(b) Language nor direction.
(c) Claws nor fangs.
(d) Hate nor distrust.
15. What is the first of four short plays anthologized under the title "Imperceptible Mutabilities in the Third Kingdom"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lucius describe having criticized him for wearing the same clothes every day in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
2. What does Mare urge Lucius to do in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
3. Who arrives looking for the person with the cockroach bites in scene "F" of "Snails"?
4. What title of a play in the collection was derived from a phrase in a half-waking dream of the author's?
5. What word refers to that made conspicuous by excellence; noted; eminent; famous?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)