|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Miss recall her mother doing with her hair in "Pickling"?
(a) Dying it.
(b) Cutting it.
(c) Brainding it.
(d) Brushing it.
2. What is Molly's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
3. What term is used to refer to African American Vernacular English, asserting the independence of this from (standard) English?
4. What does Mr. Sergeant Smith refer to as a promotion in "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
(a) A "Distinction."
(b) A "Mark of superiority."
(c) An "Elevation."
(d) A "Bump up."
5. What title of a play in the collection was derived from a phrase in a half-waking dream of the author's?
(a) "The America Play."
(b) "Devotees in the Garden of Love."
(d) "The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is watching "Wild Kingdom" in scene "F" of "Snails"?
2. In "Elements of Style," Parks suggests that every playwright begin by asking why a story needs to be what?
3. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" reveal aspects of their dreams, many of which refer to what?
4. What is the speaker at the podium referred to as in scene "B" of "Snails"?
5. What is Mr. Sergeant Smith doing in scene "A" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)