|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, Betting on the Dust Commander.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander," Mare complains that Lucius is always going where?
(a) To the track.
(b) To the bar.
(c) To his friends house.
(d) To the library.
2. Who defied her boss' efforts to get her to speak properly in scene "A" of "Snails"?
3. Who tells the others to line up and calls out "Land Ho!" in the ending of "Third Kingdom"?
4. What kind of flowers do Lucius and Mare discuss having gotten in scene "A" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
5. What word does Molly repeat on different occasions in scene "A" of "Snails"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucius criticize Mare for not doing correctly in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
2. When was the Emancipation Proclamation enacted?
3. In her opening essays, what does Parks define as "the holding or having of something of one's own"?
4. What term is used to refer to African American Vernacular English, asserting the independence of this from (standard) English?
5. To whom does Mr. Sergeant Smith address a letter in scene "C" of "Greeks (or the Slugs)"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)