|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, Betting on the Dust Commander.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aretha urge to smile in scene "A" of "Open House"?
(b) Blanca and Anglor.
(c) Charles and Anglor.
(d) Charles and Blanca.
2. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
3. Who tells the others to line up and calls out "Land Ho!" in the ending of "Third Kingdom"?
4. What does Lucius criticize Mare for not doing correctly in scene "B" of "Betting on the Dust Commander"?
(a) Wiping her tears.
(b) Baking bread.
(c) Washing the dishes.
(d) Mopping the floor.
5. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" reveal aspects of their dreams, many of which refer to what?
(a) An other Self.
(b) Secret obsessions.
(c) Past failures.
(d) Their reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Emancipation Proclamation enacted?
2. When was Suzan-Lori Parks born?
3. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that the use of language involves what?
4. What is the first of four short plays anthologized under the title "Imperceptible Mutabilities in the Third Kingdom"?
5. Aretha is told she has what in scene "C" of "Open House"?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)