|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Imperceptible Mutabilities in the Third Kingdom, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Elements of Style," Parks incorporates diagrams illustrating how some of her works function as what?
(a) Mathematical equations.
(b) Methodical melodramas.
(c) Postmodernist identities.
(d) Grammatical symbols.
2. What is Veronica's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
3. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that the use of language involves what?
(a) The entire body.
(b) Grammatical understanding.
(c) Emotional density.
(d) The throat.
4. Who speaks of developing an unusual friendship with a robber who repeatedly came to her house in scene "A" of "Snails"?
5. In her opening essays, what does Parks define as "the holding or having of something of one's own"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the discovery, collection, organization, and presentation of information about past events?
2. Who tells the others to line up and calls out "Land Ho!" in the ending of "Third Kingdom"?
3. What title of a play in the collection was derived from a phrase in a half-waking dream of the author's?
4. What does Charlene complain the apartment is infested with in scene "C" of "Snails"?
5. In "Elements of Style" Parks suggests that form defines what, and vice versa?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)