|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Imperceptible Mutabilities in the Third Kingdom, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what play did Parks receive the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for Drama?
(a) The Sinner's Place.
(b) In The Blood.
2. Aretha is told she has what in scene "C" of "Open House"?
3. In "Elements of Style," Parks incorporates diagrams illustrating how some of her works function as what?
(a) Mathematical equations.
(b) Postmodernist identities.
(c) Grammatical symbols.
(d) Methodical melodramas.
4. Who works with Aretha on the calculations for how many slaves can fit in the bottom of a transport ship in scene "B" of "Open House"?
(c) Miss Faith.
5. Who speaks of developing an unusual friendship with a robber who repeatedly came to her house in scene "A" of "Snails"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What title of a play in the collection was derived from a phrase in a half-waking dream of the author's?
2. In scene "A" of "Snails," Molly insistently asks Charlene where what are?
3. Who is being observed by a cardboard cockroach in "Snails"?
4. What refers to the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement?
5. Aretha recalls a conversation with a slave-master named what in scene "D" of "Open House"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)