|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Imperceptible Mutabilities in the Third Kingdom, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Molly's name in scene "F" of "Snails"?
2. Aretha is told she has what in scene "C" of "Open House"?
3. In scene "B" of "Open House," Aretha speaks of God looking down on whom?
(c) Miss Faith and Charles.
(d) Her and Charles.
4. The speakers in "Third Kingdom" recall being thrown off what?
(a) Their boat.
(b) A baseball team.
(d) A bus.
5. Who does Aretha urge to smile in scene "A" of "Open House"?
(a) Charles and Anglor.
(b) Blanca and Anglor.
(c) Charles and Blanca.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is speaking in scene "D" of "Snails"?
2. In what European country did Suzan-Lori Parks spend part of her childhood?
3. Who defied her boss' efforts to get her to speak properly in scene "A" of "Snails"?
4. In "Elements of Style" Parks urges playwrights to find what in the lines of the characters?
5. What refers to a musical tradition and style of music that originated at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)